• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taking up Individual Orders in Your Office

In summary, most people handle taking up individual orders at work by either hosting a show or submitting orders as individual orders. Hosting a show earns the consultant a discount on orders, while submitting orders as individual orders earns the consultant a 10% discount on all orders. If the consultant is the host, they also earn a commission on guest orders.
How does everyone handle taking up individual orders at your public office, or place of employment? I work full time in a large office and I would like to put a catalog in the break area for everyone to look through and order from. I just don't know how to handle taking up the money, do I need someone to be the host, what form could I put with the catalog for everyone to write orders on, and so on. Any ideas would be helpful!!! Thanks.

I'd take the orders and submit it with YOU as the hostess.

:D

Hey, if it's enough to be a party, why not, get yourself some free stuff.

Just my 2 cents!

Oh and go to PC website and print yourself up some outside order forms. :) Put those in with the catalog for them to hand to you with there money.

Mystery HostOr do a mystery host from the orders! Your co-workers might like the "challenge" of getting more chances to win the mystery host. Just a thought.

I do a variety of itemsEveryone in my office knows I sell this. Some have had shows, while others have simply placed orders. If I get an individual order I usually try to put it in on a "party" to save them on shipping (providing that the party is close to where I can pick it up). Otherwise, I simply submit as individual orders.

I don't push it at the office, however, I seem to always have a "stream" of business.

Double Points?
AFwife said:
I'd take the orders and submit it with YOU as the hostess.

:D

Hey, if it's enough to be a party, why not, get yourself some free stuff.

So when you enter yourself as the host do you get ALL of the benefits?? For example this month would entering yourself (consultant) as host earn you double points?

Leea :cool:

Harrle said:
So when you enter yourself as the host do you get ALL of the benefits?? For example this month would entering yourself (consultant) as host earn you double points?

Leea :cool:

When you host a show, you get the hosts discount. You do not get your personal discount. So, you put your order in just like you would any host. You don't get the booking benefit, but you get everything else your hosts normally get!
Consultants do not earn commission on host orders for a show they host. This would be double dipping as you would get a discount and earn a commission. Recipe for Success says you earn commission only on guest orders if the consultant is the host.

469488 said:
How does everyone handle taking up individual orders at your public office, or place of employment? I work full time in a large office and I would like to put a catalog in the break area for everyone to look through and order from. I just don't know how to handle taking up the money, do I need someone to be the host, what form could I put with the catalog for everyone to write orders on, and so on. Any ideas would be helpful!!! Thanks.

I offer 10% off all items for my co-workers at all times and at various times of the year offer something a little extra if I am short on sales

I take orders at work all the time, I usually put them in on a show but if I don't have a show going in I try to get enough orders rounded up to call it a show and I am always making things at work, especially the microwave cakes so I can even count them as an actual kitchen show instead of just an actual show and then I just choose one of them to be the host that way they can all eventually get the discount and some free stuff.

Office Conflict???Do any of you worry about having a conflict if trying to sell stuff at your place of full-time employment. Or about not appearing professional at your full-time job?

I too work full-time, I love my job, my team, and I respect the company that I work for. Some people do know that I do Pampered Chef on the side - like my boss, and his boss, but I don't make a habit of advertising it.

What are your thoughts on office etiquette pertaining to collecting sales for your business?

OfficeI look at it this way. As long as I do it on personal time (breaks, lunch, etc) and I get my job done in the manner to which I am expected and then some, then I see no reason to offer the catalog at work. I don't know how many times in my years of employment that I haven't been hit up for some school fundraiser, pledges for some newest and latest cause, girl scout cookies, the list goes on. I think if you are sensible about it and doesn't compromise your job in any way. Then it's ok.

I think Kirsten meant she sees no reason not to offer the catalog at work.

I agree. I wouldn't necessarily go around soliciting every month, but a catalog or three in the lunch room is certainly not going to hurt anything. I would not recommend using company email for it. Companies are getting very strict about internet usage so know your company's stand on it before doing so.

Yep that's what I meant

Does your office offer a lunch room?

I have done several lunch demonstrations at work. I asked HR and was given permission, as long as it was secluded to the lunch area, and I made up anytime lost.

I basically offered free lunch for anyone interested in coming to the demo. It wasn't a huge success (about 600 in sales w/o 3 lunch demos), but it got my name out there and I have one potential recruit.

Andrea

1. How do I place an individual order for Pampered Chef products in my office?

To place an individual order for Pampered Chef products in your office, you can visit our website and browse our catalog to select the items you would like to order. Then, you can either place the order online or contact your Pampered Chef consultant to place the order for you.

2. How long will it take for my individual order to arrive?

The delivery time for individual orders may vary depending on the availability of the products and your location. Typically, orders are delivered within 1-2 weeks. You can track your order using the tracking number provided to you.

3. Can I make changes to my individual order after it has been placed?

If you need to make any changes to your individual order, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant as soon as possible. They will be able to assist you with any changes or modifications to your order.

4. Are there any discounts or promotions available for individual orders in an office setting?

We offer special promotions and discounts for individual orders in an office setting. Please check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information on current promotions and discounts.

5. Can I return or exchange items from my individual order?

If you are not completely satisfied with your individual order, you can return or exchange the items within 30 days of delivery. Please contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information on our return and exchange policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blestmom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Nep2nfly