• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taking the Plunge into Facebook: Logistics for Independent Consultants

In summary, Ann mentioned that she did list the company name on her blog, because she wrote about Doris Christopher's benevolence at the University of Illinois and about the company, itself. Some people at HO were giving conflicting information, so Ann just wanted to be safe. She also mentioned that some of the people who clicked on her blog then followed her link to my blog.
laylaleigh
I took the plunge and signed up for Facebook today. So I don't break any PC rules I wanted to find out the logistics 1st.

I can list that I am an independent consultant for a direct sales company that sells kitchen tools.

Correct?

Thanks,
Layla

Yeah, that should be fine.

Take a look at Chefann's blog - I find her way of handling it rather amusing. (I didn't hide it on my blog, although there is no direct link, only a complete idiot could miss the connection.)

Yep, as long as you don't say the company name you're fine. Although there are those who break the rules, like with everything. I've done searches for PC on facebook before and had quite a few people come up.

That is too cute.. Hampered Jeff! :D

Yep, as long as you don't say the company name you're fine.

Thanks for clearing this up. It was my understanding that it was ok to use the company name as long as there wasn't a link. Some of the people at HO seem to be thinking the same since that's who told me it was ok. All fixed now!

RebelChef said:
Thanks for clearing this up. It was my understanding that it was ok to use the company name as long as there wasn't a link. Some of the people at HO seem to be thinking the same since that's who told me it was ok. All fixed now!

Yeah, that's just one of the problems with the online advertising. Not everyone at HO is giving the same answer, and it leaves a lot of room for interpretation. I know they've tried clarifying things in the weekly bites and other e-mails lately, so its a start. Don't feel bad though, I had the company name in my facebook profile at first too, until I reread the policies.

RebelChef said:

That was my understanding too! Guess I better fix my page.

And, if anyone on Facebook would like to be my friend, look me up! :D

OMG!! Ann you crack me up!!!! Hampered Jeff??? LOL!!! I needed that!!!!

OK- I had to check out this thread, because I had 26 clicks from it to my blog this week. You folks are funny! (I am unable to physically keep up with everything that was posted while I was gone, so I just checked the threads with titles that interested me. Since I don't have a Facebook account, I skipped this one.)
I do know that some people had gotten conflicting info from HO reps, and I figured, "better safe than sorry" when I listed it on my blog. As if anyone couldn't figure it out from the hint... :)

And several of them that clicked on your blog then followed your link to my blog. (Thank you for the referrals. Of course, they're meaningless unless they also click on the ads, but that's another kettle of fish.) I listed the company name on my blog, not because I'm promoting me, but because I actually wrote about Doris Christopher's benevolence at the U of I and about the company, itself. It would be difficult to write about Doris and not mention the name of the company she founded! That would be like writing about Henry Ford and saying he dabbled in automobiles.

That's a completely different thing than talking about being a consultant. ;)

Some would say that everything I do is something different.

True. ;) Although at least you don't wear the pink women's sweater available through Merrill tucked into your pants, like the guy Colleen saw at Leadership. :rolleyes:

Although at least you don't wear the pink women's sweater available through Merrill tucked into your pants, like the guy Colleen saw at Leadership.

Ok, that's just wrong on so many levels. lol

That's exactly what Colleen said! At the very least, he could have worn the black one!

Not to worry. I draw the line at the pink HWC shirt that buttons backwards.

chefann said:
OK- I had to check out this thread, because I had 26 clicks from it to my blog this week. You folks are funny!

Thanks for the inspiration...my day job doesn't allow advertising. Unless of course someone asked you directly about your 'other job".

Now I'm Inspired.

How about a Hampered Jeff button ;) to wear at work?

Well, some guys look great in pink but not a women's sweater! And not tucked in! I had to look that sweater up in the catalog and now I can't get that visual out of my head. :eek: I didn't like pink before but now I really don't. lol

FYI: The guy who started Facebook is on 60 minutes tonight. He looks about 15. ;)

chefann said:
True. ;) Although at least you don't wear the pink women's sweater available through Merrill tucked into your pants, like the guy Colleen saw at Leadership. :rolleyes:

That wasnt a guy.... sorry.... I thought so too- at first....

Alison - I cannot believe you put that in your siggy!! :yuck:
<giggle>

chefann said:
Alison - I cannot believe you put that in your siggy!! :yuck:
<giggle>

I can't believe YOU can't believe it!!!!:D

mmm... eatin' puddin' on the potty. :):yuck:

chefann said:
mmm... eatin' puddin' on the potty. :)

:yuck:

I dont think I will ever recover from that mixed image...

1. What are the benefits of using Facebook as an independent consultant?

Facebook is a powerful tool for connecting with potential customers and building relationships. As an independent consultant, Facebook can help you reach a wider audience, showcase your products and services, and increase sales. It also allows you to easily communicate with your customers and receive feedback, making it a valuable resource for growing your business.

2. How do I set up a Facebook business page for my independent consultant business?

To set up a Facebook business page, you will need to have a personal Facebook account. From there, you can navigate to the "Create" button at the top right of your screen and select "Page." Follow the prompts to enter your business information, add a profile and cover photo, and customize your page. You can also refer to Facebook's Help Center for step-by-step instructions.

3. Can I still use my personal Facebook account for my independent consultant business?

While it is possible to use your personal Facebook account for business purposes, it is highly recommended to create a separate business page. This will help you maintain a professional image and keep your personal and business interactions separate. Additionally, a business page offers more features and tools specifically designed for promoting your business.

4. How often should I post on my Facebook business page?

The frequency of your posts will depend on your target audience and your own availability. It is generally recommended to post at least once a day to keep your page active and engage with your followers. However, quality is more important than quantity, so make sure your posts are relevant, interesting, and provide value to your followers.

5. How can I track the success of my Facebook business page as an independent consultant?

Facebook offers a variety of analytics and insights to help you track the success of your business page. You can view metrics such as page views, post reach, engagement, and more. These insights can help you understand what is working well and what areas you may need to improve on. You can also use tracking links and promo codes in your posts to directly measure the impact of your Facebook page on your sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • magentablue
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • babywings76