• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Take Charge/Take Action 2009-2010!

In summary, Sharon plans to promote to Advance Director, increase bookings and recruitment, and give back to several charities this year.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay! New Season, New Start to our Accountability Thread for the year!

What are your goals, and how are you going to take charge and take action to achieve your goals?

This year - I will promote to director. That is my biggest goal. At this point, I have plenty of consultants on my team (8- soon to be 9 consultants) , but only one who is a Sr. Consultant...and only a couple who consistently submit shows each month.

So - I will be taking action by training my team to share the opportunity and also to ask for and retain bookings.

This year I am really connecting and partnering with my hosts. I will be tweaking my checkout. I will also be changing my interviews. I will do 10 practice interviews in the next couple of weeks so I can get used to doing them smoothly.Of course, I will continue with my 3 contacts a day. This is my year!

ok, I am going to take a shot at this.

I am going to do 3 to 5 shows a month starting in Aug 09
Make myself make 3 contacts a day (lacking alittle in the past)
Recruit, Recruit, Recruit! but really need to ramp up on the bookings.:cry:

raebates said:
This year I am really connecting and partnering with my hosts. I will be tweaking my checkout. I will also be changing my interviews. I will do 10 practice interviews in the next couple of weeks so I can get used to doing them smoothly.

Of course, I will continue with my 3 contacts a day. This is my year!

ME TOO! I have one this evening in fact!

I want to promote to Director. I've spoken with my HD, and plan to call my ED to get the support I need. I will not allow myself to think that I am bothering them by asking that.

I made 13 calls at lunch today. 8 messages, but I spoke to two people during lunch, called a third back later in the day, and will follow up with a fourth tomorrow. I also spoke to the Admin in our department and she's interested in the business as well as a show.

Oh, and I also talked to the one and only person who signed under me (two years ago). We haven't really talked since she signed and decided not to do PC, and I always thought maybe she had an issue with me, but Tammy Stanley's class helped me see that it might just be the other way around. Who knows if she is just reminded of something she didn't succeed in, or if she just thinks she disappointed me. I'm not going to pry into it, but I know she loves the product, so I'm sure I can get a good host back!

Okay, I am so excited! I had an entire list of goals written down before I ever even made it home from conference. ;) My goals are BIG. And I mean BIG:eek: I'm a bit scared to write them down here for the whole CS world to read but that is how we grow and hold ourselves accountable right? So here goes -

:thumbup: Promote to Advance Director by conference 2010 - I am currently a Team Leader.

:thumbup:Achieve the Excellence Award in Sales and Recruiting - that will also put me in career club for both those categories. Clearly a huge goal but if I am going to achieve the promotion to Advance Director then I am going to have to be doing more shows and recruiting anyway.

:thumbup:Earn Level 1 of the 2009 Incentive Trip and go to conference for FREE.

:thumbup:Be on Track for the 2010 Incentive Trip - no matter where it is, it's free, I wanna go.

:thumbup:Contribute at least $150 to each of the charitable causes. I was so proud of the work consultants have done in the past year to give back and I want to give more. I earned the combined $150 charitable giving breakfast, but I want to give more over the next year.

So, to do this I am going to practice, practice, practice my interview skills. Look for more booths and try pampering a business to help me find customers after my move. Work more closely with my team to increase their bookings and recruiting to help them reach their goals. And most importantly, stay positive and know there will be bumps along the way but that commitment and consistency will get me through.

See...............told ya they were BIG.:eek:

Good for you, Sharon! Nothing at all wrong with planning big.

These are my goals for 2009/2010:

- Promote to Director - becoming the first Director in Brooklyn, New York
- Earn Disney
- Grow my team!

Well Im putting my here too, It will give me one other way to be held accountable!! 2009/2010 GoalsBy July 2010 I want to achieve the following! - Earn enough to pay for my trip to Europe for my Brothers wedding. Also travel to Ireland, Scotland and France!!
- Start putting away money for a trip back to Australia and New Zealand, possibly for Christmas 2010!!
- WALK ACROSS STAGE AS A DIRECTOR at National Conference in Chicago in 2010!!Im still working on my action plan! But knowing what I want is the first step.

Sharon- your goal is totally attainable. I just started my PC business in March of 08 and walked as a director at Leadership, and an Advanced at NC this year. Stay consistent with those contacts.
Make sure you have enough bookings, so they generate enough leads, and continue to reach out to people.
May I take a stab with my lofty goals?
I want to promote to Senior Director by May. Also, I am on track to earn Level 4 at Disney, and I want to do that. That is a huge goal.
If you believe you can.. you can! One of the things Jack Canfield told us was to set our goal and to take time to visualize ourselves achieving it every day for 30 days. Use positive thinking while continuing to take those action steps.

I took charge this evening by making 9 contacts during my CCCs. :)

So - this is great but..............
Do you think maybe we could have a daily Taking Charge, Taking Action check-in that people can list what they have done THAT day to help meet their goals. I think it would be a good way to keep on track to reach our goals and a great way to inspire a consultant who is having a tough day.

pcsharon1 said:
So - this is great but..............
Do you think maybe we could have a daily Taking Charge, Taking Action check-in that people can list what they have done THAT day to help meet their goals. I think it would be a good way to keep on track to reach our goals and a great way to inspire a consultant who is having a tough day.

That's what I was sorta thinking when I started this thread. We had a 3-2-1 success accountability thread that we did last year and it was a great way to check in and keep ourselves accountable.

If you do a thread that has to be restarted every day - you lose some of the momentum. Many of us didn't post on the weekends, but others did, and it was easy to pick up where you left off, and also cheer people on for accomplishments that they may have posted a day or two earlier...

Awesome goals Stacey! I look forward to walking across stage with you!

My 2009/2010 Goals (I have a LOT of them!)

Promote to director by December 31, 2009, have a solid team by conference!
Hit 15,000 in career sales by February 2010
Be consistently doing 8 shows, 1 fundraiser and 4-6 catalog shows / month by January!
Recruit 1 person that qualifies per month for the next year!
Achieve Level 2 for the Disney Trip and solidly on track for Level 3 of the 2011 trip by conference.

I am giving myself off until Wednesday night (Hubby is working all day and evening today and tomorrow to make up for the time he took off last week) Tomorrow I'm going in to my office to organize and review my notes. Clean my office and get things set up! Wednesday night I have a meeting and Thursday I'm going to word hard to consistently acieve 3-2-1 success! I did make 2 contacts today at my chiro's office, so I'm getting there!

Okay - I am PUMPED!I just talked to my newest consultant - she signed just before I left for conference. She had knee surgery the day I left for conference, and spent the weekend getting her catalog shows in place, and is starting 2 of them this week. She also has her first possible recruit! We are meeting later this week w/ her aunt who is VERY interested in signing!IF her Aunt signs - I will be a DIRECTOR! I also talked to a home office lead that I got while at conference, and she is going to sign! She sold about 6 years ago, and is wanting to restart her business because she has been laid off from her job. She is talking to her VERY supportive husband to see which Kit she should buy, and also to decide if she wants to start right now or wait until Aug. 1st....That is 2 of my 4 recruits needed for the incentive, and one of them between July 18 & August 18!!! YAHOOOOOO! Plus, very possibly directorship. Then - I'll have to make some new goals!

Lets see I just started selling PC so my goals may not seem that big, but they are big enough to me!
#1- Consistently have 3-4 cooking shows every month while still in school full time.
#2- Consistently have 2 Catalog shows each month.
#3- Go to Conference in 2010
#4- Earn the Trip in 2010 have no clue where it will be but it would be great to earn in!
#5- Get organized and STAY organized.
#6- Make at least 2 contacts a day.
#7- Start the Pampering a Business in my town.
#8- Earn enough to pay off my last credit card by November!! (that would be great!!!)
Okay those are all I can think of right now.

Okay, another huge list of goals!1. Make 3 contacts a day - did it today!
2. Hold two shows a week consistently
3. Ask everyone about the business and hosting!
4. Make my car payment each month by November
5. Promote to Director by January - my Director offered an additional carrot so look out!
6. Walk the stage next year at conference!
7. Earn free conference 2010
8. Earn at least level two trip in 2011
9. Get and stay organized
10. Gain confidence with PC and stop my negativity!PC rocks!

Big Breath....

I want to promote to Director by Sept
I want to walk that stage next year as AD
I want a solid, consistent and HAPPY team
I want to be a good support system for my team
I want to earn Disney level 2
I want Excellence Award for recruits
I want my shows to be consistent and over $500
I want a balanced life that includes quality family time
I want to earn every incentive PC offers each and every time! He He

I have some ideas and plans, and now it's time to act.

BeckyJSmith - LOVE your story and success! I cheered so loudly when you walked the stage, Wave 2.....I want to emulate you. = )

Goals for 2009-2010
Promote to Director by Dec 1st 2009
Promote to Advanced by NC 2010 (this might be pushing it but it is worth striving for!)
6 consistent shows a month
Reach 100,000 in career sales
Pay off my PC CC by December 1st
Go to the spring kick off here in Minneapolis in Feb and have most of my team with me.
Earn FREE conference next year.
Partner with businesses here in town, offer my services at their open house events.
End my negative self talk and try to find the good in each and every day
Earn the Excellence award next year in personal sales or recruiting (maybe both?) Ok this is a big one but hey, I can dream right?

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - I am PUMPED!

I just talked to my newest consultant - she signed just before I left for conference. She had knee surgery the day I left for conference, and spent the weekend getting her catalog shows in place, and is starting 2 of them this week. She also has her first possible recruit! We are meeting later this week w/ her aunt who is VERY interested in signing!

IF her Aunt signs - I will be a DIRECTOR!

I also talked to a home office lead that I got while at conference, and she is going to sign! She sold about 6 years ago, and is wanting to restart her business because she has been laid off from her job. She is talking to her VERY supportive husband to see which Kit she should buy, and also to decide if she wants to start right now or wait until Aug. 1st....

That is 2 of my 4 recruits needed for the incentive, and one of them between July 18 & August 18!!! YAHOOOOOO! Plus, very possibly directorship. Then - I'll have to make some new goals!

YAYYYYY Becky! You Rock it girl!!!!

I made 2 contacts today while out and about. I have a show tonight, so my main contacts will be there.

I made an out and about cold contact as well as a past host contact. I also sent a training call on selling cookware to my team and right now I am listening to a call. I talked to two of my upcoming hosts and did a little extra host coaching. I sent out 97 invitations for one of their shows ( gulp) and so far she has $420.00 in outside orders. Her show is Friday. That is a HAPPY!

I made 13 calls today, left 9 messages. Spoke to 3 people about possibly doing shows. Nothing on the calendar yet, but certainly better than not talking to anyone at all.

One gal works with me, and was on her way out the door to come to work.
One gal is an Usborne Books consultant and would want to swap shows (I don't like the idea of swapping because of the obligation feeling, but I could do a show)
The third is my neighbor and I suggested that she do a back to school party with her fellow teachers. She's not sure what her schedule will be yet (She's not full time and doesn't know if they'll be late-start this year), so I'll check with her next week once she's gone back to school.

I also spoke to the admin in our department about the business, and I made an appointment to call her later tonight to chat some more.

I have one person from yesterday that asked for a call back today.

Now I have to go call my ED to see if she's available tonight for that chat...

Ok, here I go

1. Consistently hold 8 cooking shows a month by the end of the year
2. Earn Disney (I don't care which one, I just want to be there with all of you)
3. Walk at Conference 2010
4. PICK UP THAT DANG PHONE!

I've made one contact so far...two more to go! Also, I'm going to a scrapbook workshop tonight - I'll make sure to have my PC gear on and see if I get anyone interested or at least make another contact!

I had a 3rd contact this afternoon. A past host emailed me about a cookie dough scoop so I called her and she is going to meet me this afternoon to pick up a catalog kit. She is going to do a catty show through the end of this month. Whahoo!
I will also make more contacts at my kids' gymnastics class.

I've been home all day - made some phone calls, but just left messages...then, this afternoon, got an $85 outlet order...and of course, they hit the privacy tab, so I don't know who it is yet.

I have a Couples Grilling Show tonight...planning on some good booking and recruit leads from that show!

I came home from conference with a HUGE immediate goal - 40 shows from July 11 to August 31st. I really want that Top 50 reward!! I have booked/held 20 so far. I have more people to call/follow up with. I have already signed 1 person since conference and have a guy coming to my show on Monday to check out the business.

Longer term goals:
Sign 10 people by Christmas
Be Advanced Director by Conference '10
Earn Level 3 Disney (on track for level 2, but if I book another 20 shows...!)

Congrats to all for all their hard work....looks like it's going to pay off! I have been a busy bee....lots of seeds out there, just wanting to see them blossom. = )

I have a new team member! Signed up on Monday....looks like she may have 5 shows lined up! Yay! I spoke with another lead who hopes to sign by the end of the month. Working with another lead who is unsure, but has decided to host a show. Had a cook and book training tonight, and it was great. I see 2 team members ready to "Take Charge, Take Action".

Spoke with another team member who needs major prayer for her health, and I'd appreciate it if you would add it to your prayers too. = )

Meeting with a host tomorrow, and hoping it will be a great show...she seems motivated. = )

Sent several emails to other leads, again....waiting to see the bloom. All in good time.

2 of my team members may be SC by mid-August! Whoo Hoo!!

Go Team!

Last night's host had 10 guests. We have one catalog show booked and $300 in orders. We're closing Thursday. This morning I sent emails to those guests in lieu of MACs. This is a suggestion I got from my PWS workshop at NC. It includes links to my PWS. I woke this morning to find a $40+ website order. Yippee! I sent a personal thank you email.I'll be making calls later today, though I have an evening meeting, so I don't expect to get the contacts I usually get.

I've been busy today - made 21 CC calls - talked to 5 people - left messages for the rest. 2 people gave me permission to call again in the future with regards to booking (wasn't working for them in the immediate future). 4 of the people said I could send them the new catalogs in the fall - I figured since I was already asking them about their products I would go ahead and ask about new catalogs. All in all a productive day. I will make a bunch more calls tomorrow as well. Still looking to add another August show to my calendar.

Gina M said:
I've been busy today - made 21 CC calls - talked to 5 people - left messages for the rest. 2 people gave me permission to call again in the future with regards to booking (wasn't working for them in the immediate future). 4 of the people said I could send them the new catalogs in the fall - I figured since I was already asking them about their products I would go ahead and ask about new catalogs. All in all a productive day. I will make a bunch more calls tomorrow as well. Still looking to add another August show to my calendar.

YEA Gina! Way to make those calls!

Okay - so I do have to still make some calls tonight, but today on it's own has been very productive.:love:

Did some coaching with my host for tomorrow. Between the 2 of us, we sent/handed out over 60 invites, and as of last night she had at least 20 coming. She is such a fun lady (first time host) and we end up laughing like crazy every time we talk, so I'm sooo looking forward to tomorrow night!

Also talked to a home office lead who is going to be signing next week, after her DH gets paid. She sold about 5 years ago, and was just laid off, so is wanting to restart her business! YEA! I'm excited about adding her to my team too!

Did big MAC calls/emails for my show from last night. I had 4 people/couples who are interested in hosting, but I am holding off on booking them, because the host (husband) is seriously considering joining my team! I let them all know that he may be the one to do their show, and that one of us would be calling them!

And on top of all that, I got to go shopping at Costco today - so for me, it's been a good day!:D:thumbup:

Made lots of calls--talked to 4 people. Not bad, though.

Pray daily that I can get one...simply one...recruit. Second month and still no luck...

I made 12 calls today.
7 messages
2 not interested right now

I'm hosting a cooking class on Thursday the 30th, and I've been inviting people to come. Two of my contacts were interested in coming, and I will be sending them directions. I'm hoping it will drum up interest in bookings.

I have to work on my wording in bringing up and getting my contacts excited about bookings. Hopefully tomorrow will go better.

I did talk to a co-worker yesterday who will be doing a show on August 9th.

Fun day for my team!

I have a show tonight w/ 24 confirmed guests
1 consultant has a show w/ 21 confirmed guests
1 consultant has a show w/ 15 confirmed guests.

I can't wait to hear how they did!

Made 5 contacts today with 2 bookings. Talk to 2 potential recruits, one is no longer interested in the business but will probably book a show for October, one said to check back with her the first of the year.

Team support yesterday and today.

Today, I made about 5 cust care calls, sent about 10 emails re: order follow ups and sent recipes...had one call me back to thank me, and another 2 email thank you....I love it when the guests are excited to get emails or calls from me. = )

Followed up with a host re: her show on sat...she has
"6-10" people coming. Encouraged her to continue to invite and pick up orders.
Still trying to get a hold of 2 other hosts....starting to get nervous since their shows are next week! lol

Have a recruit lead coming over in a bit to pick up host packets to see about securing some bookings. Here's hoping she signs next week.

Passed a catalog to someone at VBS, and planted some booking seeds.

I'm tired today....here's hoping for some enthusiasm tomorrow.

Made several contacts. Talked one young woman into taking a serious look at starting her own PC business. Of course, we were conducting other business on the phone; her roommate's aunt is a PC Consultant; they all live in Iowa; so I convinced her to talk with her roommates aunt. You're welcome, Auntie, wherever you are. Did some host coaching. Both hosts are really excited and have a fairly good number of "I'll be there" answers already. :) One is getting married next year, so we're discussing a wedding registry. We are also talking about her own PC business. She works 2 jobs now but is considering leaving one of them.

Great show tonight!Many people there - not all have ordered yet, but right now sales are at $750, with 5 Bookings for September, and 1 Booking for October! Whooo Hoooo!I had to come back and add something here, because it keeps making me smile (and giggle a little) when I think about it. :)As I was helping one lady with the check-out process, I asked her (like I ask everyone!) if she was one of the ones interested in having a party. Her answer was "NO, but I'm closer to saying yes tonight then I've EVER been before!" That just cracked me up! I thanked her and told her that may be about the nicest thing anyone had ever said about my parties! She told me that for her to even consider it, I must have done a really good job!
I gave her a recipe card and thanked her for coming, and she said "But I'm keeping all of your info, because I just might change my mind!" So I told her to just let me know when she needed some gentle arm-twisting, and we'd get a show on my books! She was laughing as she walked away.
THAT was a highlight of a very fun show.

Last edited:
Way to go Becky! You and your team are rocking!! WHOOO HOOO.....looks like this is your year, and I am so happy for you! Keep it up! = )

That's great, Becky. I love the hosts who say, "I don't know why I'm doing this. I NEVER host parties." Makes me feel like I'm doing a good job.

SUHHHWEEEET!I just booked an Oct fundraiser with the local high school band boosters club!:thumbup:This club is extremely active, and take their fundraising seriously - I am so excited about this!:thumbup:(oh - and before everyone asks how I managed to get this booking...the Co-chairman of the committee is my neighbor, and we were closing her show today when she mentioned it to me! So, I really didn't have to do much of anything :))

:sing:"It keeps getting better.....":sing: I've been humming that this afternoon! I just had a great training time with a new member of my team - she signed today! She has 2 Fundraisers, 2 Catalog Shows, and 3 Cooking Shows already lined up for August!:thumbup:Then, I came home to an email from someone who attended the show last night. She added to her order, and although she said "no" last night to booking a show, she changed her mind and just booked for October! That's 7 bookings from last nights show I now have 7 shows booked for Sept., and 4 for Oct. along with an Oct. FR!Pinch me....I might be dreaming!:D

I know what you mean becky, since I got back from conference I have done 6 six shows and they are all doing really good and I have signed one person already and I am working with two other that should be signing before the end of the month and my husbands aunt called me yesterday with a 160.00 order and I got 3 home office leads since I have gotten home I was so excited yesterday !!!!! That I couldn't hardly stand it.

Last wednesday/thursday I made 25 calls and got orders and got 6 shows booked between august and september and 1 in october. So that was very productive and I cleaned up a mess one of my consultants had made and now I am back doing shows down there and have gotten excellent good responds from the customers down there in the area and they were excited to see me again.

Way to go everyone! Way to work your businesses - keep it going:)

Okay, I have been missing in action here on Chef Success as well as from my business since about mid-June due to my maternity leave and complications from my pregnancy, but now need to get back to business!!!

My goals for 2009-2010 are:

~To consistently make at least 5 contacts a day 5-6 days a week.

~To consistently hold and submit 6-8 shows per month (or even more would be greater!!!)

~To become a Director. (I currently have 1-2 active, with one of those consultants being a Senior Consultant). So part of my action plan will be to work on recruiting (I have a few leads to follow up with).

~To earn the Disney Incentive. ( I am quite behind on this right now, so I have TONS of work to do if I am going to make it).

I have been crazy busy since NC with the County fair. It has been going well so far. Lots of leads to follow up with. Tonight I booked a party for aug 13th. and got 2 STRONG leads for shows along with 2-3 warm show leads. A great night! Saturday is typiccally the busiest and I have the booth all day. 10am - 10 pm.... long day but hopefully productive! Last night the Tupperware lady next to said she wanted a cat. show for Sept. She needs a new lg bar pan.

BTW... I HATE being right next to the VERRY pushy TW lady!

Last night I made 12 calls:
8 messages
1 person just not interested at all
1 person who is interested in the business but doesn't have time right now
1 addition to my newsletter list
1 invited to my cooking classI'm taking the weekend off from calls (DH will be proud), but I'm going to make a host coaching call today, and have logowear on when we go out and about.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefpenny99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Poll
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Popinfresh78