• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tail Gating for New Leads: Tips from Avon Ladies

children! Put up a sign that says "FREE Pampered Chef". Bring a bucket, pens, slips, and a few wrapped samples. Offer a catalog or a free sample. Get their name & number. Follow up within 48 hours.
StephsKitchen
Has anyone ever tried Tail Gating? Taking your show on the road and looking for new leads at children's games or in parking lots? I know that the Avon ladies do this, and I just wondered if anyone had any tips on that??:)

They arrrest people for doing that here.

Sheesh, Steph - I thought someone would have answered you by now and scolded me for (yet another) bad joke.No, I haven't BTW. But always carry catalogs and a host kit in your car because you never know when you're going to stumble on a prospect!

I guess that PC Consultants haven't tried this yet either!! I figured if the Avon ladies could do it, maybe I could get some leads from it too!

Well, I'll check back later to see if anyone has tried it or not!!

Thanks!

sorry can't help you either :(
would like to try it though, but still waiting for the courage to try.
been approached by an avon lady in a parking lot and i didnt walk away so what's the worse that can happen ?

I am guessing that I will get a post board sign that says FREE Pampered Chef, and hand out recipe cards - got a billion of them, hand out catalogs, maybe something more if they book a show & seem honorable at parking lots & ball games. What do you think? I did get a great idea at my meeting tonight, and Rae said for hosts that have ball games for their kids to call it a practice party and set something up like a tail gate that way.

This was from another post...can't remember which oneBOOKING/DATING IS "A FRAME OF MIND"Practice makes perfect, but enthusiasm and a positive attitude are really all you need:DO YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A GREAT PRODUCT OF OFFER??? If you haven't already, fall in love with the product you represent. Use it yourself, know how it works and what it has to offer.DO YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A GOOD PLAN??? Believe in your party plan! If you send reminder cards, your demos are fun to attend, you're entertaining, hostesses and guests win prizes and learn about your products, you mail a thank you notes after your demos. You're offering a great service to your customers.IDEAS:
TAILGATING AT SPORTS EVENTS: Bring about 4 people. Put a small display in the back of a truck or van. Bring a bucket and have people sign up to win a prize. Have slips, & pens. Bring some wrapped samples (tealights, gadgets), hostess packets, catalogs, and your datebook.COLD CALLS: Use your phone book and work daily for 30 minutes. Say, "Hi, I'm ____________ your neighborhood (company) Consultant. I wanted to introduce myself and offer you a chance to see our new catalog, is your address still ___(read from phonebook)___? (NOTE:don't stop talking until you get to this point) "Great! And what is your zip code there? (pause) Thank you! I'll call you in a few days to see what you fall in love with. I’m really looking forward to meeting you!"WARM CALLS: People you have something in common with. (Church mailing list, PTA List, bowling league, friends, relatives) Let them know you're a consultant, ask them to hostess or come to an event.HOT CALLS: Party guests, past hostesses, referrals - call and ask for re-orders or to hostess.MAILINGS: Mail personal notes introducing a special or a hostess gift. Call 4 days later to follow up.PERSON TO PERSON: Tell everyone that you are with (insert your co. name here). Everywhere!! (grocery store, bank tellers, mall, PTA). Wear things that will draw attention to what you do, buttons are great! Talk about prizes you have won or fun things you've done in your business. Offer them a catalog or sample. Note: This will be most successful if you get their name & phone number. Follow up the next day or within 48 hours at the latest. Otherwise, leads go cold. If you get a no, ask them to share the catalog with a friend who might enjoy it. This can surprise you!WALKABOUT: Dress sharp! Have a little basket of samples. Take catalogs with you. Now go to the mall, visit office buildings, or your neighborhood. Let people know you are doing a survey in the area. You'd like them to try your samples and allow you to call them tomorrow for their opinions. Get their name & number. Hand out catalogs to interested people.AT PARTIES: Ask everyone to book. Ask everyone if they've ever thought about doing what you do. Have fun!AT THE PARK: Pick a park with lots of moms and kids. Bring some samples wrapped in tissue, tie with curling ribbon and attach your business card. Bring catalogs and paper to write down names. Mingle!FOOTWORK NOT DAYDREAMING WILL GET YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.CAN YOU PICTURE YOURSELF SUCCESSFUL AND RICH???? JUST DO IT!!(Remember, don't hesitate to call your manager, director, mentor, leader for help!!)

And from an email I got a while back:Advanced Director Michelle Beeney and Future Director Tracy Felker, both from Nebraska, shared their "tailgate party" concept during Red Carpet Interviews at National Conference.They explained that a tailgate party is when Kitchen Consultants offer information and free giveaways in a busy location to generate booking and recruiting leads. Michelle says: "We felt pretty conspicuous doing this at first. We set up our materials, put balloons on the cars and stood on the busiest street in town! Temperatures were in the low 90's, we were standing on concrete, it was hot - but we stayed for an hour and a half during lunch time."In that short time, nine cars stopped. Four of the people had never heard of The Pampered Chef. They received two bookings and two orders. Plus, they met two potential recruits with a strong interest in the opportunity, one potential host with a possibility of becoming a recruit and two contacts who took catalogs and materials."Considering the time we invested, Tracy and I felt good about the results. We're planning to schedule more of these events around the area over the next few months!"Try this idea and develop your own creative ideas to build business!

Hope this all helps - I haven't tried it, but I might at the end of the summer or during sports games I come across. I actually suggested this to one of my downline for when she and her roomies go on a road trip. Expand your "territory"!

As a season ticket holder for the Buffalo Bills, this would be an great option for those baaaaad games during the 2-14 type seasons.:rolleyes:

Actually, I may try it this fall! I have rolled out chocolate chip cookie dough on a bar pan & baked it just before leaving for the game. I take the stone with me & we enjoy warm treats there. We never have any left!:)

Maybe this year I should start off with that idea, but share em with passers-by on their way in to the stadium...;)

More ideas, please:D

Oh, I do love this site!!!!!:cool:

GO BILLS!!!

Okay, I'm thinking more on this. Uh-oh!

Sometimes I will offer a free something like the QSP for booking a show then & there. What would be good for the fall? Maybe the small bar pan, or the QSP???

Thanks everyone for your help!!! I found so many helpful ideas and suggestions here!

Stephanie

1. How can I use tailgating to generate new leads for my Avon business?

Tailgating is a great opportunity to connect with potential customers and introduce them to your Avon products. You can set up a booth or table with samples, brochures, and order forms to attract attention and engage with interested individuals.

2. What type of products should I showcase at a tailgate event?

It's best to focus on popular and highly visible products such as makeup, skincare, and fragrance. These types of products are easy to demonstrate and can catch the eye of passersby. You can also showcase seasonal or holiday-themed products to attract more interest.

3. How should I approach potential customers at a tailgate event?

Start by being friendly and approachable. You can offer samples or ask if they would like to try a product. Be sure to have a conversation with them and ask about their skincare or makeup preferences to personalize your recommendations. It's also helpful to have business cards or flyers to hand out to interested individuals.

4. How can I make my Avon booth stand out at a tailgate event?

One way to make your booth stand out is by having a visually appealing and well-organized display. You can use props, banners, and signage to draw attention to your products. It's also important to offer special deals or discounts for customers who make a purchase at the event.

5. What are some other tips for successful tailgating as an Avon Lady?

Aside from having a great display and approach, it's important to dress professionally and wear Avon products to showcase their effectiveness. Be prepared to answer questions and provide product knowledge to potential customers. It's also helpful to have a way to collect contact information from interested individuals so you can follow up with them after the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • JennLizFran
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • TammyJo
  • General Chat
Replies