1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Taco Ring??

1. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

Where is the recipe for this taco ring I keep hearing about?? I only have 2 Season's Best books and it's not in either of those and I also looked on CC and nothing came up, I was thinking of making it for my Grand Opening...

2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

OMG this recipe is so old--a classic! It's in All the Best.

I bet if you google Pampered Chef Taco Ring you'll find it.

Aug 24, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

The one I have is in the "All the Best". It has the braid and ring recipes (classics)....so that's a good book to add to your collection.

Here is the recipe as written on Joyce's Fine Cooking site:

Taco Ring

3/4 lb. ground beef, cooked
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    2 Tbsp water
    2 8oz pkg crescent roll dough
    1 med green pepper
    1/2 head lettuce, shredded
    1 med tomato, diced
    1 small onion, diced
    1/2 cup sliced black olives
    1 cup salsa
    Sour cream

Heat oven to 375. Combine meat, taco mix, cheese, and water. Arrange crescent triangles in a circle with bases overlapping and points out on the 13" stone, leaving a 5" circle in center. Spoon meat on triangle bases. Fold points over meat and tuck under. Bake 20-25 min until brown. Cut off the top of the pepper. Fill pepper with salsa and place in center of ring. Mound lettuce, tomato, onions, and olives around pepper. Garnish with sour cream.

Serves 8.

Aug 24, 2009
  4. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

I thought so, I thought I remembered my mom making it when I was a kid, maybe from her hosting a show.

5. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

Thanks for the recipe! How would I add that book, is it still for sale through PC?

6. cwinter474

cwinter474 Veteran Member Gold Member

Just a piece of information when laying out the ring (cresent rolls), look at your stone like a clock, lay the first piece at 12, 6, 9 and 3. The space left should if layed out correctly hold a dollar bill folded in half. Then you just fill in the rest of the clock. My director told me this. Really help you to lay out a perfect ring.

Aug 24, 2009
  7. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Yes! It has a lot of other great recipes , including the Chicken Ring, and homemade salsa & guacamole- everyone LOVEs them (which is great to show when doing another Mexican recipe - fajitas or the mexican lasagna in the DCB).

Aug 24, 2009
  8. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Oh yeah, you so need that cookbook!

Aug 25, 2009
  9. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

I guess I need the round stone before I can make it! I've just heard about it, so I was going to try it, but I guess it will have to wait!

10. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Yes, to make it in a ring you need a round stone, however, it tastes just the same if you make it as a braid on the large bar pan. Just lay out the dough in a rectangle.

11. gaddischef

gaddischef Member Gold Member

this is such an awesome recipe -- I think I'll make it for supper tomorrow -- thanks

Aug 25, 2009
  12. topchef.heather

topchef.heather Member

Oh awesome, so do the same thing, but make a rectangle obviously? But still layer and all that good stuff?

Have something to add?