• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Dipping Oil on Chicken

In summary, the chicken breasts were flavorful but dry, and would be great in a Mexican Lasagna or a Smokey BBQ Chicken Sandwich.
babywings76
Gold Member
I cooked chicken breasts the other day with the sundried tomato and herb seasoning with some olive oil. We cooked too much chicken and I have some leftovers. Any ideas on what I could do with it? It's probably about 1 1/2-2 cups worth if I chop it up. (It ended up kind of dry, so it needs to go into something, we can't just reheat and eat it again.)

I think it would be great added to a simple green salad. You could make a simple vinaigrette to go over it.

That sounds good, but I've been terrible and haven't bought salad greens in a while...:rolleyes: (But I did do my Pilates this morning! ;) )

make a chicken salad out of it
or add it to a soup

When life hands you chicken....

Make chicken salad!:D

I would put it in a salad with pecans and dried Cranberries with ranch/bluecheese dressing or could take the salad and then put it in a wrap for lunch.

Judy

Any ideas other than a type of salad? I can't get to the store today. :(

Make Chicken Tacos, or Chicken Nachos or chicken burritos, or chicken quesadillas....chop it up and simmer it with some BBQ sauce for chicken BBQ's...

grill whatever veggies you have and toss it in pasta

I was just going to suggest adding it to Creamy One Pot Pasta (or any similar pasta dish)

That sounds good, I've got plenty of pasta and plenty of veggies, so I think I'll do that. Thanks! :)

Whoa....please take me back...how did they taste when you cooked them? How much of the dipping seasoning did you use?

Thanks!!

susanr613 said:
Whoa....please take me back...how did they taste when you cooked them? How much of the dipping seasoning did you use? Thanks!!
I wasn't thrilled with the result, but it was my fault. Here's what I did:
I filleted the chicken breasts, drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled the seasoning on it (both sides)--I didn't measure it, just sprinkled it pretty well, then cooked it on a sheet pan in the oven. They ended up with good flavor, but were very dry. I think we overcooked them. Next time, I would take them out sooner, but really I think it would've been better on the grill pan. (I didn't have my pan--we were at my mom's house and since we had to cook so many we did it in the oven. I don't know why we didn't think to throw them on their real grill, it would've been better.)

You could use your leftovers in our Mexican Lasagna. The salsa will give the needed moisture and whatever flavors the chicken has will certainly not distract from the ML flavors. In fact, I have to get going and cook my chicken now. Up to this point I have
roasted a chicken for one evening's meal, and used the second half for the Mexican Lasagna on another night during the same week. Today, I could not get a big enough chicken to roast, and have sufficient leftovers. I look for the biggest roaster they have and our DCB can take up to ten pounds size. I have thought of mixing the new seasonings with the oil and then brushing them on, but have not cause I love the Smokey BBQ seasoning instead.

1. What is the main ingredient in the Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Dipping Oil?

The main ingredient in our Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Dipping Oil is a blend of sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, and olive oil.

2. How do I use the Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Dipping Oil on chicken?

To use the Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Dipping Oil on chicken, simply brush it onto the chicken during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking. You can also marinate the chicken in the dipping oil for added flavor.

3. Is the Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Dipping Oil gluten-free?

Yes, our Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Dipping Oil is gluten-free. It does not contain any wheat, barley, or rye ingredients.

4. Can I use the Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Dipping Oil on other types of meat or vegetables?

Absolutely! The Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Dipping Oil is versatile and can be used on a variety of meats, vegetables, and even as a salad dressing.

5. How should I store the Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Dipping Oil?

We recommend storing the Sun-Dried Tomato and Herb Dipping Oil in a cool, dry place. It does not need to be refrigerated, but if you prefer a chilled dipping oil, you can store it in the fridge. Just be sure to let it come to room temperature before using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vgibsonrn
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vgibsonrn
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies