• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Herbs De Provence...omgoodness!

In summary, the Herb de Provence is a very good seasoning and it can be used on chicken, pork, or even rice. The recipe for the herb de Provence Vinaigrette is very good and it can be used on pork, chicken, or even rice.
nikked
Gold Member
I just used tonight for the first time! OMGoodness! Have you used the Herb de Provance yet? So FREAKIN' good! I cut up some chicken breasts into strips, and sprinked it on the strips, then pan fried in a little bit of oil/butter. So awesome... I'm seeing a Julie & Julia (just introduced it to America) inspired show theme in my future! Definitely my NEW FAVORITE THING!

10 thumbs up in our house! :)

I have been doing the BBQ chicken pizza all month at my shows. I make the crust with a dry mix and add 1 Tbs of the herbs de provence before mixing. It is really good!

I put it in with rice and oil when I make the rice in the rcp. Yummo. It is such a great overall flavor.

I haven't tried mine yet, but am now inspired to do so!

ok, brain freeze....rcp?
added it to my supply order for the 1st.

I think RCP is Rice Cooker Plus.

pchockeymom said:
I put it in with rice and oil when I make the rice in the rcp. Yummo. It is such a great overall flavor.

Hi. Can I ask how much rice you make with how much seasoning. Would like a place to start :)

Thanks!

I generally make 1 1/4 cups dry rice, 2 3/4 cup water, 1-2 tbsp. oil, 1 peeled garlic clove, and a cap full of herb de provence. Cook on high 8, minutes, stir, then on 50% for about 10 minutes.

I checked out that recipe....WOW! I have a whole chicken thawing right now. May just have to make this instead of what I was planning!

What is Herbs De Provence and how is it used?

Herbs De Provence is a blend of dried herbs commonly used in French cooking. It typically includes herbs such as thyme, rosemary, marjoram, oregano, and savory. It can be used to season meats, vegetables, and soups.

Can I substitute Herbs De Provence for other herbs?

While Herbs De Provence has a unique flavor profile, you can substitute individual herbs if needed. For example, you can use thyme, rosemary, and oregano to create a similar flavor profile.

Does Herbs De Provence contain salt?

Our Pampered Chef Herbs De Provence does not contain any added salt. However, it is always important to check the ingredient list on pre-packaged blends to ensure there are no hidden sources of salt.

How should I store Herbs De Provence?

To maintain the freshness and flavor of Herbs De Provence, store it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. It is best to use it within 6 months for optimal flavor.

Can I use Herbs De Provence in baking?

Herbs De Provence is typically used in savory dishes and may not be the best choice for baking. However, you can experiment with adding small amounts to bread or pizza dough for a unique flavor twist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
slhale
  • magentablue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jenniferlynne