• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suggestions for Following up on Leads

In summary, Jackie was successful in booking two cooking shows and one catalog show over the weekend. She had a lot of success with booth bookings, but found that most of her leads didn't follow through with booking a show. She also recommends not following up with leads who say they didn't mean to do something, and reminds them that they have won a free cooking show if they invite all of their friends over.
linojackie
So my team held a booth at the homeshow over the weekend and we got a phenomenal amount of promising leads. However, most of the time when I follow up and remind them that they check so-and-so box, they say "no" or "I didn't mean to do that". So I'm wondering if anyone out there can give me some suggestions on how to turn these maybes into YES!?

I have just done a trade show and I've booked over 20 shows so far!!Call everyone (even the NO's) and say "I'm just calling to tell you that you've won a free cooking show!!" then explain that all you need them to do is "invite all your friends over and then decide what you want to get for free!! How does that sound?" I've had the MAJORITY of my leads book a show. :)

I have had the most success with booth bookings with the FREE SHOW response too. People love to 'win'. Most of the time they respond with... really, I never win anything!

I put my drawing box out with a generic 'Enter to Win' sign. Sometime's I'll draw a main prize for something (a GC good through me or a spare product from my stash) but most of the time I just do the free shows... that way (though they don't know it) EVERYONE's a winner!

I would also suggest not reminding them which box they checked. I try to treat them like I would at check out at a show and just assume they want to book. I also try to make notes on their slips if I can (kids, job, fave product, product issue) so that when I follow up with them on the phone I have something to connect with first.

Just my two cents. Good Luck! Let us know how the calls go

Those are some really good ideas. I was so busy with closing out tonight that I didn't get to them (tsk, tsk, I know!) but I will get on the phone tomorrow for sure.

Btw, LBurke, I just noticed you were aiming for director by April 1st, did you make it? :)

No. Thanks for asking... I'm actually batting a big fat 0 on recruits, so it was a pretty lofty goal... Still working on it though... It'll come!!! I have a lot of fence sitters

You know what, you are totally right. I had been in it for over a year and not even a potential recruit. Then, I ended up getting 4 recruits in a matter of 3 months. Now I'm looking for one more before June 1. We'll see what happens!

Thanks for the great advice!

BUMP...I couldn't get to them before today, so I'm needing some encouragement.

I'm going to do 30 mins of lead calls....are you planning to call tonight?

Yes, going to get on the phone as soon as my husband gets off of it. Hope no one minds the baby crying in the background! Seems like all she wants to do today! :cry:

omg!! It worked! 1st call has to call me back after she puts the little ones down...2nd one booked a show!!! This is awesome, it feels like my birthday!:chef:

3rd call...catalog show. WooHoo!!!:balloon:

Way to go, Jackie! Keep up the momentum! And, don't let a "no" stop you, just move on and keep going until you get through them all - you'll have such a feeling of accomplishment. You already have accomplished so much!! :)

Ok, so here's how my night ended...

7 calls
2 answering machines
1 "can I call you back later tonight?"
3 cooking shows booked
1 catalog show booked.

I still have about 8 yes/maybes to call and about 40 no's. :)

WTG!!! I have some calls to make but its better when DH isn't home. He's been very crabby lately because I've been doing conference calls each week for the past 2 months and he thinks PC is getting in the way of other things (him, the kids, HOUSEWORK). HELLO- I HATE HOUSEWORK!! LOL I won't do it if I don't have to (which is a lot of the time). Okay so I'm on the computer WAY too much. arghhhh my DH isn't so D lately!!!

Okay ANYWAY - JACKIE WTG WTG WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Sounds like my DH, but at the present time, the D stands for somethin' else! Ok, so I have to ask...what does "WAVE" mean? Is it like level 2?

No, it's national conference. There are so many of us they have to send us in 3 groups. (I'm in Wave 1 if I go.)

I'll have to try that approach ... I have lots of calls that have not been returned and many calls to make!

For those of you who have recently done home shows, what are you using for drawing slip?

I struggle with this. I like the one I use but it is long and most times they do not answer all the questions.

I'll use the one from home office until it is all gone.

My director has made one that has different questions ... rate your interest 1-10.

I fill out the slips but don't look at them ... I just ask the full-service checkout questions to everybody.

The one my girls used was a lot better than the one I used. They actually got more that were completely filled out and more yes's and maybes. I can't post the file here because I don't have word, but maybe I can copy the verbage. I really like it because yes or even maybe seems so scary for someone, but the wording here makes the box a little easier for them to check.

FREE Stuff with Demo:
___My arm can be twisted
___Show me the calendar!
___ Not at this time

FREE Stuff without Demo:
___ That’s easy! Lets do it!
___I can’t be bothered

FREE Stuff with extra money:
___ I might consider it
___ Lets get together and talk
___ Not yet

Tell me more about:
___Wedding Registry ___Fundraising ___Gift Certificates

BTW, which wave is July 14th-16th?

Wave 2 is 14th-16th of July. Congrats on the calls. I've been making calls and keep getting no, but I keep trying.

linojackie said:
FREE Stuff with Demo:
___My arm can be twisted
___Show me the calendar!
___ Not at this time

FREE Stuff without Demo:
___ That’s easy! Lets do it!
___I can’t be bothered

FREE Stuff with extra money:
___ I might consider it
___ Lets get together and talk
___ Not yet

Tell me more about:
___Wedding Registry ___Fundraising ___Gift Certificates

BTW, which wave is July 14th-16th?

LOVE THIS!!!

I use:

I'm interested in:
Hosting a Show Yes No Maybe
Having my own Pampered Chef Business Yes No Maybe

The key is to fill out the draw slips for the attendees - don't let them fill it out themselves - you'll get a lot of blank ones this way.

I never thought of that...then do you give the info to them right then and then you're already one step ahead when you follow up?

linojackie said:
I never thought of that...then do you give the info to them right then and then you're already one step ahead when you follow up?

You mean if they say yes to either? I have host kits there, if they say yes, I book them on the spot. If they want info about the biz, I give them a recruiting kit and book a coffee date or invite them to team training if it's soon.

1. How soon should I follow up on a lead?

It is recommended to follow up on leads within 24-48 hours of receiving them. This shows that you are interested and motivated to connect with potential customers.

2. What is the best method for following up on leads?

The best method for following up on leads is through personal contact, whether it be through phone calls, emails, or even in-person visits. This allows for a more personal and direct connection with potential customers.

3. How many times should I follow up on a lead?

It is generally recommended to follow up on a lead 2-3 times, spaced out over a few weeks. It is important to not be too pushy, but also not to give up too quickly.

4. How can I make my follow-up more effective?

One way to make your follow-up more effective is to personalize your communication. Mention specific details from previous interactions or show that you have done your research on the potential customer's needs and interests.

5. What should I do if a lead does not respond to my follow-up attempts?

If a lead does not respond after a few attempts, it is okay to move on and focus on other leads. However, it is also a good idea to periodically check in with the lead in the future, as their circumstances or needs may have changed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Rubelbj
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
littlemaisyPC
  • KellyCooks