• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Booths and Fairs Worth the Time and Effort?

In summary, Ginny got a call from a sister Director who was asked to do a demo at the local Home & Garden Show. The gal running the show asked her if she was interested in having a booth for FREE. Ginny accepted and worked 3 days over the weekend. She made 4 calls last night and 1 this morning. She has made 2 bookings for September and 1 for October.
Kitchen2u
Last Thursday, I got a call from a sister Director. She was asked to do a demo at the local Home & Garden Show. She accepted. Then the gal running the Show asked her if she was interested in having a booth for FREE. Yep, for FREE...otherwise it would have been $1130!

She called me immediately since she has a little baby (still nursing)...she knew she couldn't do the show on her own. She asked me if I could work some of the hours...are you kidding me? Of course! I was lucky since I didn't have anything going on Fri/Sat/Sun, with the exception of a show Fri night and a church function late afternoon on Sat.

So I worked
Fri from 12:00 AM - 4 PM,
Sat from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM and
Sun from 10:00 AM - 2:30 PM.

Standing on concrete...was a killer...especially on Friday ~ standing from 11:30 AM til my party was over at around 9 PM!

It wasn't terribly busy the 3 days, but I'm not complaining...I came home with over 80 leads (did a raffle for the Collapsible Bowl). I don't do the Fish Bowl for "free party." I get a better response (with correct names, phone #s & addresses) if I'm raffling something off.

I made 4 calls last night...4 bookings!
3 for August
1 for Sept.

Made more calls tonight ~
1 Sept booking
2 Oct bookings
3 recruits leads...one of which is pretty solid.

Not bad stats for making 13 calls (3 no answer, left messages ~ "...if you call me back before I call you back, you'll get a cookbook from me!"

These were all the leads that signed up for the raffle. I was telling my DH, I'm surprised (knock on wood), not one said "oh, I didn't mean I wanted a party (or sign up)."

Guess what I'm doing tomorrow night? Making more calls!!! So for those of you who want to know if booths/fairs are worth the time?

YES!

Is getting ON THE PHONE worth it?

YES!

Just remember, if you get a no...you're that much closer to a YES!

Just PICK IT UP...the PHONE that is!

OH! Almost forgot...Frank (designer) from Trading Spaces was there. He's a hoot! I got his autograph on a PC catalog LOL He came by my booth later and got another catalog...he wants to shop! I took a picture with him...but something happened...and the picture is not there ;-(

Last edited:
Congratulation!!!! Sounds like you had a blast!

I LOVE Frank!!

cwinter474 said:
Congratulation!!!! Sounds like you had a blast!

I LOVE Frank!!

I did ~ I guess my excitement about PC was evident with the passer-bys!

I love Frank too...I would take a picture of the autogragh (he drew a pic of himself then signed) ~ but I don't know how to upload the picture here for all of you to see...if someone wants to give step-by-step instructions how to embed the picture in my post...I will. It's really cute!

That's great, Ginny!Frank was one of my favorites when I watched Trading Spaces. Still not quite my style, but one of the saner people on that show.

chefann said:
That's great, Ginny!

Frank was one of my favorites when I watched Trading Spaces. Still not quite my style, but one of the saner people on that show.

Yep, his style is kind of "out there" ~ but he's so down-to-earth and FUNNYYYYYYY!

I love Frank too! Congrats on your great booth.

Congrats on your booth!! How exciting your weekend was!!

Thanks for the reminder...we can always use those. I'm starting a booth tomorrow and appreciate the encouragement. I appreciate you sharing your stats with use. Keep up the great work.

Ginny, how did you "raffle" off the bowl? Did they have to buy a ticket and you drew a ticket? If so how much was the ticket? Congrats on your booth!

Ann R.

Thanks everyone! I was so excited, I thought I would share!

aried said:
Ginny, how did you "raffle" off the bowl? Did they have to buy a ticket and you drew a ticket? If so how much was the ticket? Congrats on your booth!

Ann R.

Anyone who filled out a prize drawing slip, got entered to win. Both of us drew a winner since we both had an extra bowl. The winner is responsible of picking it up. This is how I got all the leads...they had the 3 questions to answer, plus it had a place for their email...more to my list! Even got a few referrals since that's on the slip too!

Attachments

• 2008 drawing_slip.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 349
Link to file didn't work :(

worked for me. I wonder if it matters what word you are using (2003 vs 2007, etc.) I'm using 2003 (?) I think. I will upgrade to 2007 soon.

1. How can I attract more customers to my booth at a Home & Garden Show?

In order to attract more customers to your booth at a Home & Garden Show, it's important to have an eye-catching display and offer interactive demonstrations or tastings. You can also promote your booth on social media and offer special discounts or promotions to entice potential customers. Lastly, having friendly and knowledgeable staff at your booth can make a big difference in drawing in attendees.

2. Can I sell products at a Home & Garden Show?

Yes, you are allowed to sell products at a Home & Garden Show. However, it's important to check with the event organizers beforehand to make sure there are no restrictions or additional fees for selling at the show. You should also make sure to have enough inventory and a way to process payments at your booth.

3. How can I make my booth stand out among other vendors?

One way to make your booth stand out is by having a visually appealing display that showcases your products. You can also offer unique or exclusive items that can only be purchased at the Home & Garden Show. Additionally, interacting with attendees and offering product demonstrations can help draw people to your booth.

4. What should I do to prepare for a Home & Garden Show?

Before the Home & Garden Show, make sure to have enough inventory and promotional materials for your booth. You should also have a plan for setting up and decorating your booth to make it visually appealing. It's also important to have a way to collect contact information from potential customers and follow up with them after the show.

5. How can I make the most of my time at a Home & Garden Show?

To make the most of your time at a Home & Garden Show, it's important to have a clear goal in mind, such as generating leads or making sales. Make sure to engage with attendees and have a strong pitch for your products. It's also helpful to network with other vendors and attend any seminars or workshops offered at the show to learn and improve your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Akamsthang
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pclinskie
Replies