• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling with Stoneware Lids? Here's Some Advice!

In summary, the customer's stone is too big for the lid and she needs to squeeze it when she uses it. The customer also mentioned that she is having a hard time getting the discontinued lids to stay on her stones.
lisacb77
I have a customer/host who bought the discontinued lids in August. She mentioned to me she's having a hard time getting them to stay on her stones. Any tips?

Thanks!

She might have stretched the accordian like part of it too much and needs to bunch it back together.

Thanks, I'll mention to her she needs to give it a squeeze (not like the Charmin!) when I do my next coaching call with her in about a week.

Thanks!!!

I held mine over boiling water (kinda like the twix-it fix-it of boiling them) and it shrunk the accordian part some to make them tight again. Also, they are lids, not handles, so make sure that she is holding the stone by the handles and then the lid hooks on top.

I had a few guests complain & one actually returned it for a full refund. The Guest returned it because it didn't work on her stone. I called HO. If she has an older classic stone - especially the rectangular baker - it may not work. My guests would stretch to fit and then "pop" off. The stone was too big for the lid. It fit fine on my Vanilla baker - actually a bit loose. HO said "each stone is a bit unique" and that is a disclaimer for the lid. I truly believe it may be the reason they were pulled from the line. Just my input!
Joanne

I never thought of the sizing because they stretch, but they can only stetch so far for one stone and still fit another. I still think that they were VERY useful though!

gilliandanielle said:
I held mine over boiling water (kinda like the twix-it fix-it of boiling them) and it shrunk the accordian part some to make them tight again. Also, they are lids, not handles, so make sure that she is holding the stone by the handles and then the lid hooks on top.

Great idea!

ChefinHarmony said:
I had a few guests complain & one actually returned it for a full refund. The Guest returned it because it didn't work on her stone. I called HO. If she has an older classic stone - especially the rectangular baker - it may not work. My guests would stretch to fit and then "pop" off. The stone was too big for the lid. It fit fine on my Vanilla baker - actually a bit loose. HO said "each stone is a bit unique" and that is a disclaimer for the lid. I truly believe it may be the reason they were pulled from the line. Just my input!
Joanne

Thanks, I think she does have a classic stone. I'll see what the squeezing and steaming does!

I love the lids. If they don't use them on the products that they are made for they are going to stretch. I tried to use mine on other things and yes, they stretched out. I put it in the microwave for a few seconds (not long) and it tightened it right back up.

Great, now I have three options to offer her...surely ONE will work! Thanks everyone :D

I had the same problem with my stoneware lid. It kept popping off the rectangle stone, like it was too small to cover it. I tried stretching it, but it still keeps popping off. I have the glazed stone.

Oh, the microwave sounds like a good idea! I never thought about that! I am standing over a pot of boiling water like an idiot!

gilliandanielle said:
I never thought of the sizing because they stretch, but they can only stetch so far for one stone and still fit another. I still think that they were VERY useful though!
Love mine! Just used one the other night... I wish they had them in more shapes and sizes.

Related to Struggling with Stoneware Lids? Here's Some Advice!

What is stoneware and why is it used for lids?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is fired at a high temperature, making it durable and able to withstand extreme temperatures. It is used for lids because it can withstand high oven temperatures, making it ideal for baking and cooking.

How do I clean and care for my stoneware lids?

Stoneware lids should be washed by hand with warm soapy water and dried thoroughly before storing. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges as they can damage the stoneware. Also, do not place stoneware lids in the dishwasher or microwave.

Can stoneware lids be used in the oven?

Yes, stoneware lids are oven safe and can withstand temperatures up to 450°F. However, it is important to always follow the specific care instructions for each product to ensure it can be used in the oven.

Can stoneware lids be used on the stovetop?

No, stoneware lids are not designed to be used on the stovetop. They can crack or break if exposed to direct heat. It is best to use stoneware lids in the oven or microwave.

Are stoneware lids safe to use with food?

Yes, stoneware is a safe material to use with food. It is non-toxic and free from harmful chemicals. However, always make sure to properly clean and care for your stoneware lids to avoid any contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bbstephan
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
adventurechef
  • Sjoneschef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706