• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Book for November Sell-A-Thon? Anyone Else Feeling the Same?

I usually don't promote the specials but use it as an extra incentive. I also do a Cookie Swap show in November and December.
jenniferlynne
Anyone else having trouble getting bookings for November? No one I know gives a rats behind about the Simple Additions pieces. They all either want the new stone, or the trifle bowl. Last November I earned level 2. This year I don't think I will even earn a paycheck for that month!

I will admit, when I saw what the hostess special was for Nov, I was kind of bummed. I figured I wouldn't get many bookings, and right now I have none! :cry: I have an extra 15" round stone and torte pans that I may give out as an incentive to my highest show in November.

PansWouldn't it have been great to get the pans for 60% off in November? I guess they know that would be way too popular and give us many chances to earn everything for FREE!!

I wish they would help us out with a better host special. I feel the same way. I will have to rely on extra incentives!

Debbie :D

You need to change your perception of the host special...if you arent excited neither are your customers...Sell the month not the special...

Well, I am still booking REAL FOOD REAL FAST shows for Nov. I ran out of dates in Oct. to do the 30 minute chicken, so now people are taking Nov. dates to get the DCB as a 1/2 off item.
I think you should promote special shows for Nov.......our host program is so incredible, I wouldn't focus on the bonus so much but on the actual program itself!

But I've also had several book shows because they are excited about the SA......especially the new appetizer plates. I've been using them to serve the chicken and biscuit bites at my RFRF shows, and people fall in love with them when they use them.

Offer a November-Only show theme, like Easy Entertaining. Promote it as a chance to learn how to make the holidays easy and play with the SA pieces. You can also let people know that it's a great time to get together with their friends before the holidays get crazy.

You all are correct. I need to show more excitement. I didn't buy the new products for Fall, so maybe that is what my problem is. I think I will invest in a few to get my excitement up :D

I am promoting Cookie Swap shows for November and the beginning of December. I already have 2 people doing them in November. It gets people in the mood for christmas and gets them started thinking about christmas and buying gifts for others.

My NED always tells us to sell the host bonus LAST. It's A BONUS!!!! The host program is great on it's own! Promote the half-price combos and the free product value!

If we promote the host special first, some might think that that is the ONLY thing they can get when they host... they don't "get" the other benefits.

Hope that helps!

I think half the bookings I already have for November have hosts who don't even know what the specials are! I usually don't even try to promote the specials--just use it as an extra thing they get for being in that month. That way I can fill up my month whether the specials are great or so-so. The other half want the appetizer plates--talk those up!

I haven't even started on Nov. I have two bookings for Oct. I have several calls to make from people that have booked shows off shows. Maybe I will get some then.

I am not very into doing anything right now. I know the further along I get pregnant the less motivated I am going to be. I am only 6 weeks 5 days and am already lazy. I know I should have been finished having children BEFORE I turned 30 (actually 31)! But that is hard to do when you wait until you are 25 to get married and want a fews years of "couples time" before kids!:D Back to the topic now................

I am thinking about sending out emails or letters to EVERYONE THAT I KNOW, and asking them to help me get orders for November. I am going to offer a free gift to anyone who gives me 2 orders(one from them and one from a friend) I was thinking about a SB or Citrus Peeler, and then let them know that they will be put into a drawing for a $25 GC from me. That way hopefully it will help me get some good sales for the Sell-A-Thon.

Jennifer - You decided you were not going to get any bookings in November and it came true. Many of my hosts doen't even book because of the host special. I thought it was a great special but the wrong month.

Why don't you get in the spirit of it's a gret time to buy gifts and do your holiday baking and mentally picture all the bookings you will have for November. Look at what you want rather than what you don't want

jrstephens said:
I am not very into doing anything right now. I know the further along I get pregnant the less motivated I am going to be. I am only 6 weeks 5 days and am already lazy. I know I should have been finished having children BEFORE I turned 30 (actually 31)! But that is hard to do when you wait until you are 25 to get married and want a fews years of "couples time" before kids!:D Back to the topic now................

I'm now 38 weeks & I had the same problem in the beginning. First, my CCC stopped. Then it was organization, etc. It got better in the summer before I was big but after the tiredness of 1st trimester was done. I did have 8 shows this month (4 cooking, 4 catalog), but it was almost too much. I'm looking forward to my month off before I start up again in November!

And, hey now, who says you have to finish having kids at 30???:rolleyes: I'm 30 & DH is 32 & we're just having #2 (had #1 at 27) & we still plan on having one or two more. We married at 22 & 24, but DH then went to dental school for 4 years & we wanted him out of school a year & practicing before we got pregnant. Honestly, it's probably that you have a little guy at home this time. I know that running around after my DD hasn't been easy--but my weight gain this time is 10 lbs LESS than with her, so I guess that's a plus!:D

The appetizer plates have helped book my shows for Nov. I have been using them at shows this month.

jrstephens said:
I haven't even started on Nov. I have two bookings for Oct. I have several calls to make from people that have booked shows off shows. Maybe I will get some then.

Yeah, you're right - that's pretty old to be having children........:eek:

I was 39 when my son was born:rolleyes:

I dont even really know what the bonuses are for October and November. I am offering Chocolate Bliss and really talking up the recipe options, plus offering to bring special chocolate treats (2 step fudge pressed through the EAD) as a FREE bonus. Its going well for me so far.

Finished having kids by 30 wasjust one of those Life Goals I made when I didn't even know what life was really about!!!!:D :love: :p :balloon:

jrstephens said:
Finished having kids by 30 wasjust one of those Life Goals I made when I didn't even know what life was really about!!!!:D :love: :p :balloon:

I said the same thing when I was in my 20's. "If I didn't have kids by the time I was 30, then I would not have any." Well I got married when I was 31 and had my son when I was 33. My foot is still in my mouth:eek:

I talk to prospective hosts about the date that works for them and then let them know the special unless I know they love a certain product or collection and then I promote the host special if it works for them.

Promote November as a great month to get everyone together to do their holiday shopping done without going into the mall and fighting the crowds or as a great way to learn some entertaining, cooking, baking, etc. tips or as a great way to get together for an evening out with the girls, or as a way to show off your decorations while they're fresh (for those early decorators) or as an excuse to get the decorating done early and be in a festive, more relaxed mood and enjoy the season longer.

I used to never even talk about the upcoming specials at my shows. They didn't seem to care and often hosts still book when they want the show and the monthly special is a bonus that they may or may not take advantage of.

HTH

PS: It's still September - give it time - November bookings will come from October shows. ;)

Last edited:
Also in November, I push the Trivet as a teacher gift. I sold a ton of them last year!

We have been using the appetizer plates & caddy along with the new platter at our shows and everyone is going crazy for them. We have 5 shows already booked for November. Be positive and it will happen.

Joe & Diane
PamperedChefDude & Dudette

jrstephens said:

I remember when I was in the beginning stages of my pregnancy(Gabe is 20 months now)- I was so tired all the time. I regularly took naps throughout the day, but it will get better. Oh yeah, I was 33 when Gabe was born.

friday said:
I dont even really know what the bonuses are for October and November. I am offering Chocolate Bliss and really talking up the recipe options, plus offering to bring special chocolate treats (2 step fudge pressed through the EAD) as a FREE bonus. Its going well for me so far.

2 Step fudge in the EAD?!?!?! Please share!!

I am going to send and email to my entire list also. Like some others, I'm not excited about the host special but I don't really promote it either. I'm focusing on getting friends together to shop for gifts before everyone gets too busy to even talk to each other.

I also stocked up on cookbooks and I am going to offer that as a booking incentive for hosting a show in Nov.

I have an open house with 2 other DS people I work with early Nov and I have one show on the books but I have 4 bookings for Oct with one on the fence. I hope to get November shows galore out of those!

I only earned level 1 last time and I'm still pretty new so I want to really rock on this one!

This has probably already been said but most folks want to have a party in November for gift giving reasons, and holiday prep reasons, more so than the host bonus tug. That said, all of my November bookings WANT the Simple Additions, especially the Oval Platter. I agree that if you do not like a host bonus offering, the mind set and how you commmunicate it can drastically affect your biz that month.

I tell folks that November is my busiest month (it is) because folks are ready, willing and able to party and to purchase.

(And, if a host doesn't want the host bonus selection for themselves, then remind them that it might make a wonderful GIFT for someone on their list!)

I also have a Stop and Shop to do in October and a Church Bazaar in November. I am going to make up some gift set ideas and a lot of them are going to include the Simple additions in order to try to get some November bookings but hopefully at least some sales.

chefann said:
Offer a November-Only show theme, like Easy Entertaining. Promote it as a chance to learn how to make the holidays easy and play with the SA pieces. You can also let people know that it's a great time to get together with their friends before the holidays get crazy.
Awesome idea!!

I Am Still Booking October. Not Even Thinking About November>....ahhhh!!

finley1991 said:
Also in November, I push the Trivet as a teacher gift. I sold a ton of them last year!

Great idea Colleen!!!

mpkegley said:
I said the same thing when I was in my 20's. "If I didn't have kids by the time I was 30, then I would not have any." Well I got married when I was 31 and had my son when I was 33. My foot is still in my mouth:eek:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I never wanted any children...I have 4!! I also said I wasn't having any after 30. That came to fuition but only by 27 days. Number 4 was born last year 27 days before my 30th birthday!! I tell ya God is a comedian!!:p :rolleyes:

Related to Struggling to Book for November Sell-A-Thon? Anyone Else Feeling the Same?

1. What is the issue with booking for November Sell-A-Thon?

The main issue is that many people are not interested in the hostess special for November, which is the Simple Additions pieces. This makes it difficult for consultants to get bookings for that month.

2. Is anyone else experiencing the same struggle with booking for November?

Yes, many other consultants have expressed frustration with trying to book shows for November due to the lack of interest in the hostess special.

3. Are there any specific products that are popular and generating more bookings?

Many customers are interested in the new stone and the trifle bowl, rather than the Simple Additions pieces. These products may be more appealing to potential hosts and guests.

4. Has this struggle affected your earnings compared to last November?

It is possible that consultants may earn less in November compared to last year, as the hostess special is not as enticing and may result in fewer bookings and sales.

5. Do you have any ideas for incentivizing bookings for November?

Some consultants are offering extra incentives, such as giving away extra products or discounts, to the host of the show with the highest sales in November. This may help to generate more interest and bookings for that month.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crissy11
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
archie
  • cooknjess
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • amy07