• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Newsletter with Reliable Services: Survey Results

In summary, Rose Francis recommends using iContact, 123byrequest, and My Email Designs to send out newsletters. The open and click-through rates for newsletters are typically around 15-30%.
Kathytnt
I am now working FT time again and my time is very limited. I am determined to keep me business under control and in contact with my customers.

I don't feel like I have a lot of time nor the creativity to do a fancy newsletter. What do you do in a similiar situation and why What newsletter services do you find to be reliable and easy to send. I do not have Outlook my husand set me up with Yahoo Webmail some time ago so it makes it a hard to send things out. Can't download the address book easiliy like Outlook

I am also curious about how often you actually send out your newsletter

Thanks, Kathy

Last edited:
I subscribe to Tasty Tidbits (basic) and use Constant Contact to send them out.

I use My Email Designs from Mike and use Benchmark Email to send it out. His designs are great and Benchmark is about a third the cost of Constant Contact. You can get a sample on his website at MyEmailDesigns.comRose Francis

I've just started using iContact. So far, I love it!!!

I write up my own newsletter with no pictures. I talk about host and guest specials that I know about. I talk about the outlet and give a recipe with reference to my website throughout. It's short and sweet and FREE! I use the previous month's newsletter as a "template" and change what needs to be changed.

I use 123byrequest. I really like their newsletter.

The thing I love about using providers like iContact is the data you get. Instant numbers. For example, I sent an email out tonight to 202 people. Since sending it out, I know the following:8 bounced
it has been opened 47 times (by 28 individuals)
it has been clicked-thru 4 times (by 3 individuals)
it has been forwarded once
one person unsubscribedOther than that, since sending it out, I've received one order, and one booking.Writing the text: two hours of work.
Monthly fee, once the trial is over, $10/month.
Knowing that somebody actually read what I wrote? Priceless. :)

Make that two orders. :)

KimmyDarling said:
The thing I love about using providers like iContact is the data you get. Instant numbers. For example, I sent an email out tonight to 202 people. Since sending it out, I know the following:

8 bounced
it has been opened 47 times (by 28 individuals)
it has been clicked-thru 4 times (by 3 individuals)
it has been forwarded once
one person unsubscribed

Other than that, since sending it out, I've received one order, and one booking.

Writing the text: two hours of work.
Monthly fee, once the trial is over, $10/month.
Knowing that somebody actually read what I wrote? Priceless. :)
Very cute "mastercard" commercial, Kim. :)

JAE said:
Very cute "mastercard" commercial, Kim. :)

Wait till you read the one I'm gonna write about the new "Copy PWS Orders" functionality in P3!!!! I am over the MOON!:sing:

Kimmy, If we follow your link~ do you get a referal bonus! I am thinking about using this service... and wanted ot make sure I go through the right link if it means something for you!

Yes, it links to my account, so I get some kind of credit, I think. I have no idea what the perks are if anybody signs up, though! LOLI hope you love it like I do!

Since I started offering open and click tracking on my newsletters recently, I was intrigued to find these email marketing statistics... thought you might like to know too...

OPEN "RATE"

The open rate is calculated by dividing the number of unique opens by the number of delivered e-mails ( = sent e-mail - bounced e-mails )

These days, open rates typically vary between 15 & 30% .

CLICK-THROUGH "RATE"

The Click-Through Rate is calculated by dividing the number of unique clicks by the number of delivered e-mails ( = sent e-mail - bounced e-mails )

These days, click-through rates typically vary between 2 & 5% .

And these numbers are considered "final" after about a week after distribution. My customer newsletter last month had an open rate of about 18%, which I consider to be excellent, even at the low end of typical, since I am almost/nearly/semi-retired from cooking shows these days. It's nice to know I still have a "fan base"... in fact, I just had a customer email me to place an order tonight, and I've never done a live cooking show for her. She keeps me going with catalog shows... and she almost always emails me after I send out my newsletter each month!

I used to be against the whole click-tracking thing, thinking I was invading my customers' privacy, but I have changed my mind and decided it IS valuable information, especially for a part-timer like me.... It helps me to know that it's worth it to keep going for the # of people that do read it!

Thanks for the info Joy. Do you just get statistics or do you get details? Do you know who opened & clicked and deleted or just how many people dd that?

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks for the info Joy. Do you just get statistics or do you get details? Do you know who opened & clicked and deleted or just how many people dd that?

Me personally, I get statistics... I would consider getting details if I were more actively pursuing business with my customers.

I do offer both services to my subscribers -- some don't need to know who clicked on what, so they opt for the basic, and those who want to know who is clicking/opening go for the "plus" service.

I use my PWS to send out my monthly newsletter. But, if I have something special I want to send out, I make it up myself and send through my yahoo email account.

I create my own newsletter with a quick tip, personal news, and company specials. It's short and simple.

here's the latest update: in less than 48 hours after sending it out, 5 orders
1 booking
34% open rate
4% click-thru rateWoo!

I was referred to by request and so far I love it. I receive my newsletter on the 15th of the month and I try to send out within a day or two. That way if I have any dates open for the following month, I can let people know. I have received bookings and orders from my newsletter.

I kinda like the idea of seeing the statistics of how many have opened, clicked through, etc. Might have to check that out when my renewal time comes up.

KimmyDarling said:
here's the latest update:

in less than 48 hours after sending it out,

5 orders
1 booking
34% open rate
4% click-thru rate

Woo!

What a great open rate! They must really like what you have to say :)

I'm curious to see the open rate on my subscribers newsletters that go out this month...

thank you kimmy for the info about icontact!! i just sent out my email (although i have over 400 addresses - so couldn't get them all in for free) and it is SO cool seeing who opened it and what they clicked!!!! thanks again!!! :sing:

Sure thing, JC!New feature to report--You can download your open rate report, as well as click-thrus, etc. I just downloaded my opens, and it lists each person and timestamps it. If you sort it by name, you can see when they opened it each time.I am fascinated by how many people open it more than once-- especially those who open it right around 24 hours after the first open. I think it will be really interesting to see if there is some sort of pattern in my readership.My name is Kimmy, and I am a Data Junkie.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_37.gif

KimmyDarling said:
here's the latest update:

in less than 48 hours after sending it out,

5 orders
1 booking
34% open rate
4% click-thru rate

Woo!
Do you get to see specifics about who opened it?

chefallison53 said:
Do you get to see specifics about who opened it?

Absolutely! Who opened it, what time (every time they read it).

I'm trying Constant Contact, and I'm liking it. It gives the same stats that KimmyDarling is talking about. I sent out 49 newsletters, 5 bounced (invalid accounts), 5 click through to my website, and forwarded 3 times. After sending it out, I've been contacted by 4 of my previous customers.I have already started working on my March newsletter by copying my February newsletter than changing items. I'm almost done with it, just waiting till closer to the end of February to adjust some stuff, and I've spent a total of 30 minutes so far on March's.Well worth it!

I use http://www.pcnews4u.com service. I really like how professional it looks and it is still a quick read while getting the important info across. Its more expensive than the others but I like the look of it better.

They are also going to be offering a service like Constant Contact in a few months. I've been told it will be cheaper than CC. So I'm waiting to see what that is like. Right now I just send it out through my email account, but I like the idea of getting the statistics.

1. What is the purpose of the Newsletter Choices Survey?

The Newsletter Choices Survey is designed to gather feedback from our customers about their preferences for our newsletter content and format. This will help us tailor our newsletters to better meet your needs and interests.

2. How often will I receive the newsletter after participating in the survey?

The frequency of our newsletters will remain the same, typically once a month. However, the content and format may change based on your feedback from the survey.

3. Can I opt-out of the newsletter after participating in the survey?

While we highly value your feedback, you are free to opt-out of our newsletter at any time. Simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter or contact our customer service team for assistance.

4. How long will the survey be available?

The survey will be available for a limited time, typically 2-3 weeks. We encourage you to participate as soon as possible to ensure your feedback is included in our newsletter planning process.

5. Will my personal information be shared or used for any other purposes?

No, your personal information will only be used for the purpose of this survey and will not be shared with any third parties. Your privacy is important to us and we take all necessary measures to protect your information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Melissa78
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PampChefJoy
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • cheflorraine