• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Newsletter Distribution Strategies for Business Success

In summary, Jennifer Knapp is blind copying her newsletters out to about 8 people at a time in order to avoid it appearing to be spam. She would prefer to send out something to everyone at one time and just add and subtract but yahoo groups doesn't let you send out pictures.
Kathytnt
Right now I am blind copying my newsletters out to about 8 people at a time - This is to avoid it appearing to be spam. I get a subscription newsletter at this time. I would prefer to send out something to everyone at one time and just add and subtract but yahoo groups doesn't let you send out pictures - appears to only allow a link and I am not sure if my customers will actually open it up.

This is very time consuming to do 8 at a time.

How do you send out your newsletters??

Try constantcontact.com and see how you like it. If you decide to sign up, I would appreciate a referral. I think we would both get a free month.

With constant contact do I have to create a newsletter each month or can I upload my subscription newsletter??

I am getting a pretty good sized list and it looked kind of expensive

I send an email to all of my customers (BCC) at one time. I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with it coming through as spam..but then again, I may never know. The one benefit of my address is that it is unique, it is tied in to my website, [email protected] addresses may not see it as Spam. (from hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc)

jenniferknapp said:
I send an email to all of my customers (BCC) at one time. I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with it coming through as spam..but then again, I may never know. The one benefit of my address is that it is unique, it is tied in to my website, [email protected] addresses may not see it as Spam. (from hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc)

I send to each customer individually. Gotta love Mail Merge in Word. :D And before anyone asks, I've tried to figure out how to do it on a Windows computer and as near as I can figure it requires an Exchange mail server, which is a business thing, not a "home" type email address. Just another reason why Macs rule!

And my email address is personalized, too. the domain (after the at sign) is dannann, with is my husband and me (Dan 'n' Ann, get it?).

hmmm, I am on a mac, with entourage set up! maybe I need to hear your tricks!!

chefann said:
Gotta love Mail Merge in Word. :D And before anyone asks, I've tried to figure out how to do it on a Windows computer and as near as I can figure it requires an Exchange mail server, which is a business thing, not a "home" type email address. Just another reason why Macs rule!

Macs are great. However I use a Dell and I can certainly use mail merge w/o difficulty what so ever. The thing is that (at least w a PC--no clue about Mac) you have to use MS outlook. However that is the same if you are sending documents from Word (not as attachments but as inline text). You know from the File--Send To... part. It does not work from yahoo, msn or hotmail unless you have a biz acct (pay for) with them. Everyone with internet service at home can use outlook you just have to enter your carriers pop/smtp ect info so that it routes it. For example I have 3 yahoo accounts but I have my service from SBC so I route it through the SBC acct. Anyways--once you use outlook, the things you can send and do are easier and look better. I don't bother with attachments b/c more people are prone to read something if it's readily available.
MGG

OMG...I never realized that it put it as inline text in an email message..I always assumed it would attach it! I am def doing this from now on...now if I can only figure out that mail merge thing to send a personalized email to each person!! :)

jenniferknapp said:
OMG...I never realized that it put it as inline text in an email message..I always assumed it would attach it! I am def doing this from now on...

now if I can only figure out that mail merge thing to send a personalized email to each person!! :)
I don't get the whole mail merge thing either!

For a techie sort of a person, I skipped a lot of the keyboarding 101 classes...and have found my way around pretty well with most of the Office programs, but I am not good with access databases and mail merges!!

Chefann--it was real late last night when I was typing so I hope my previous response didn't seem rude--I would delete it but I think maybe it'll help people with doing inline email from Word. I'll be happy to explain how to do mail merge step by step on word if anyone wants to know--it's kind of long so email me privately at [email protected]

MGG- I didn't read it as rude. It was just my experience looking through the Help in Word (Windows version) that it specifically said "Exchange mail server only" for mail merge to email. No big deal - since I have a Mac and prefer to send my email from that, anyway.
But now that I know it can be done, I might play around with it. Some of the other women in my cluster would love to semd their newsletters that way. (But they may have to change email providers because a couple do use Yahoo.)
Thanks!

Jennifer, I just email you the 6 steps to using mail merge--let me know how it turns out. I sent it from Word using outlook so I now have that document stored if anyone else wants the info. Like I said it is 6 steps and I take you by the hand through it so it's a page long but I think very clear. You have to use Outlook so set that up first.

Darby i just sent it to your email.

MGG, can you send it to me, too. chefann (at) dannann.net. (Take out the spaces and replace (at) with @) Thanks!! :D

Kristin--I just sent it to you. Sorry I went out today so I just got your message. Chefann I am about to send it to you.

Last edited:
MGG - I would love to have the directions! Thanks.

Joyce I will be glad to send you the Word document I made with step by step instructions, but I do not want to retype all of it. I can not find your private email; when I clcik to send you an email it shows up with just your name not e-address. If you post it or email me privately I will send it out right away.
Marisol

MGG said:
Kristin--I just sent it to you. Sorry I went out today so I just got your message. Chefann I am about to send it to you.
Thankyou! I got it.

What is the purpose of sending newsletters?

Sending newsletters allows you to keep your customers informed about new products, promotions, and events. It also helps to build and maintain relationships with your customers.

How often should I send newsletters?

The frequency of newsletters may vary depending on your business and target audience. However, it is recommended to send newsletters at least once a month to stay top of mind with your customers.

How do I create an effective newsletter?

To create an effective newsletter, make sure to include visually appealing images, clear and concise content, and a call to action. It is also important to personalize the newsletter and make it relevant to your audience.

Can I customize my newsletter with my own branding?

Yes, you can customize your newsletter with your own branding, such as your company logo, colors, and fonts. This will help to create a cohesive and professional look for your newsletter.

How can I track the success of my newsletters?

Most email marketing platforms have built-in analytics that allow you to track the open and click-through rates of your newsletters. This data can help you make informed decisions on how to improve and optimize your newsletters in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • pkd09