• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Streamline Your Kitchen: Expert Organization Tips

In summary, Gillian is an expert at organizing content. She has cabinets that are standard depth and height, and they fit into most standard size rooms. She took an extra photo for the stoneware storage thread, and she recommends that if you have one, you check out The Container Store. Debbie suggests that if you don't have a container store near you, you might be able to find the same items cheaper at other stores. Debbie also suggests that if you have one in your town, you check out Debbie's favorite store, The Container Store. Gillian also recommends The Container Store for their fabulous ideas. Gillian has hit her 200th show, and she has another kit waiting for her.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I need help! Any ideas?

Stoneware storage racks! I have them organizing everything from stones to SA pieces to lids!!

I was taking pics for the stoneware storage thread, so I took an extra one for you!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Gilliandanielle/100_2386.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Gilliandanielle/100_2387.jpg

The Container Store!!I can't tell you enough about this store!! They have everything you might need to organize bathrooms, kitchens, closets, etc....
If you have one in town you can check it out. And you might not even have to buy stuff from there if you think you can find it cheaper, but you can get some fabulous ideas!!

Debbie :D

gilliandanielle said:
I was taking pics for the stoneware storage thread, so I took an extra one for you!

DO DO DO..wheres the labels????:(

My kids would be labeled all different PC items if I put the labels low like this!! Plus- I never have any help putting away dishes so I know where everything goes!

Looks great Gillian. I have to say...
Now do you have 2 sets of everything...or do you just pull stuff out for shows?

WOW! I haven't ordered the stoneware storage racks because I didn't think they would fit into a cabinet. Thanks for putting the pics up Gillian. Now, I am off to order some. Thanks----your cabinets are standard depth and height right?

I pull stuff out for shows and then wash it and put it back. I am trying to bring less to shows so hopefully most will stay in the cabinet when I go to shows!

sillylittlechef said:
WOW! I haven't ordered the stoneware storage racks because I didn't think they would fit into a cabinet. Thanks for putting the pics up Gillian. Now, I am off to order some. Thanks----your cabinets are standard depth and height right?
They are standard but I had to pull out the sliding drawer on the one to get the upright stuff to fit. Other than that everything fit fine...

gilliandanielle said:
That is just THOROUGHLY disgusting. I am so organizationally challenged. :rolleyes:

(Translation: I am SO jealous!)

Notice I didn't take one of my plasticwear cupboard!! It is beyond help!!

Ug, I am hoping I can eventually have two of everything so my tote can stay packed. I really don't want to have to put everything away and pull it back out.

I wish we could purchase a second SS kit and I would just keep that packed all the time!

Gillian, you're hired! I wish I had pull-outs on my cabinets. I want to have a pantry cabinet made with the pull-outs...Maybe I should just gut my kitchen and start anew? Decisions, decisions. Valky

Have you hit your 200th show yet, Gillian? When you do, you can get another kit!

BTW, great thread, I am challenged in my kitchen!:rolleyes:

Okay- here's some more- my DD thinks I am insane taking pics of the cupboards!
These are my frequently used tools in outlet crocks- scrapers, knives, nylon tools and bamboo tools.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Gilliandanielle/100_2388.jpg

This is all my big stuff that won't fit in the cabinets. My wovens stay up there except for the rectangular that is my bread basket (the left of pic one).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Gilliandanielle/100_2389.jpg

This is my pathetic plasticwear cupboard. No matter what I want something else is ALWAYS in the way!! Suggestions?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Gilliandanielle/100_2390.jpg

Last edited:
Do you not have gravity in AK, Gillian?

Oh, wait... we have to turn like a smilie to see it....

I have tried to turn it twice and it is stuck like that, LOL!

I put my plasticware in a bottom, taller cabinet, with them all nested, so that I can reach in and pull the one I want out and around everything else...it has worked much better for me than to have it at eye level or higher...

Plasticware is a pain to organize. I love the commercial where they say that things that are stuck together are easier to find, and they show a big stack of cows. :D

chefann said:
Do you not have gravity in AK, Gillian?

Oh, wait... we have to turn like a smilie to see it....
It's just so dark there most of the day that no one can see it.

MissChef said:
Have you hit your 200th show yet, Gillian? When you do, you can get another kit!
$15k in career sales.

All this talk of organizing makes me cry.

The photos are great, but it would mean that I have cupboard space, which I don't. I didn't have storage space for half the stuff I have before PC. Now I am just buried! I ended up shipping both sets of "good" china to oldest daughter's house (she lives close by so if I want something I can get it) plus a ton of enteraining pieces, 2 ice cream machines, and extra silverware. Before you ask what am I doing with all this stuff... before the bar business I actually entertained on a regular basis.

My kitchen is horrible for cupboards and counter space. I need to win one of those kitchen makeovers!

chefann said:
Plasticware is a pain to organize. I love the commercial where they say that things that are stuck together are easier to find, and they show a big stack of cows. :D
Thank goodness for the dishwasher. If everything were clean at one time, there'd be no where to go with it all.

If that wasn't bad enough, on recent trip to West Virginia, I aquired a set of Homer Laughlin Company Fiesta because I'm tired of eating from mis-matched and cracked dinnerware. (The tour of the factory was more than educational - too bad Homer doens't make Simple Additions.)

HeatherpitchersC1.jpg

Now we're trying to figure out where to go with service for eight and serving pieces.

You guys have to remember that I joined PC when I was 19 and had been only married a year. I really have nothing but PC as you can see! I have one set of everyday dishes, some rubbermaid containers, and PC stuff! I don't have tons of room, but I just don't have that much stuff...

Hey, everyone...I bet we could take up a collection of excess stuff and ship it all off to Alaska. We'd accomplish two things:Gillian would have more stuff and cupboards that look more like ours...and...We'd all have more room for MORE STUFF!!!

That is fine with me- too bad you are all going to use your entire commission checks on shipping. Don't forget the $2 flat fee!

I just gave out some OOF for March with AK's new shipping ($2 + 15%) and my hosts are already flipping out!

We'll just ship it up the Alcan via mule team.

PC send me stuff that way, so I am sure they know me well!

I'm jealous too! Looks great Gill:) We'll call you Jilley Jr.! (and is that a pyrex bowl in your cabinet???) lol!

KG: my mil collects Fiestaware (and PC). Her kitchen is white, with the fiestaware of every color on shelves & on top of her cabinets. It's so pretty!

It is pyrex- I needed a size for hot grease that was bigger than a prep bowl but smaller than the small batter bowl. I feel so guilty, LMAO!!

And my mom collects Fiestaware too in the nasty peach color!!

They just discontinued two more colors...oops...retired two colors, which makes the product valuable to collectors. The two colors the discon...er...retired are just bad colors, kind of a dusty rose and a celery color.They've made Fiesta since the mid-1930's except during the '70s and the old Fiesta is really hot with collectors. Homer Laughlin is one of the last china makers in the United States (Pfalzgraf has now all gone offshore) along with Hall, at least, that I know of. They make a lot of commercial china now, so next time you're at a restaurant, look at the bottom and see if there's a Homer Laughlin or Hall logo on it. (Appleby's just placed a huge order with HL.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Now we're trying to figure out where to go with service for eight and serving pieces.

If we only had service for 8!! I am a confessed dish lover. Not including the 2 services for 16 that are at the daughters, I have... ready for this... service for 20+ (I know,but it didn't happen overnight) of Franciscan ware. You know, you start with 8 Kitchen Guy, and slowly but surely, more migrates. I had service for 16, when I decided to throw husband and myself an anniversary party. Well, people can't eat off plastic or paper at my house, so that's where the 20 came from. Then husband's best friend's father passed and he had Franciscan ware, and he did have some pieces that were interesting... so that's where another bunch came from.

Most of it's in storage cases in the basement. And please, don't ask to see my basement.

If anyone ever needs dishes, come see me.

When we built our house we had our builder build a divided stoneware area under my ovens he didn't understand why I wanted somewhere to keep stones. (he was thinking rock collections!!)
I have stones under my bed, in 3 kitchen cabinets, in my camper, & in 2 closets!!
Last count ( a few years ago) I had over 125 pieces probably around the time we introduced the cranberry line. One year we earned 1 stone for every 5 sold or something, I sold the crud outta stoneware that month and had to keep each earned one for ME!! HA!!

PamperChefCarol said:
If we only had service for 8!! I am a confessed dish lover. Not including the 2 services for 16 that are at the daughters, I have... ready for this... service for 20+ (I know,but it didn't happen overnight) of Franciscan ware. You know, you start with 8 Kitchen Guy, and slowly but surely, more migrates. I had service for 16, when I decided to throw husband and myself an anniversary party. Well, people can't eat off plastic or paper at my house, so that's where the 20 came from. Then husband's best friend's father passed and he had Franciscan ware, and he did have some pieces that were interesting... so that's where another bunch came from.

Most of it's in storage cases in the basement. And please, don't ask to see my basement.

If anyone ever needs dishes, come see me.
I know it - I have a huge collection of Hall China Autumn Leaf. It's a long story...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
$15k in career sales.
I'm kinda confused :confused: what do you mean by 15k in career sales? Do you mean that that is when you get to purchase another kit? Because I know that it's the 200th show, cause the notice came a long time ago for me, I'm closer to 500 shows then 200 shows! Just not sure what you mean?;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understand it, you receive a second kit at $15K in career sales. How 'bout it, you 15k'ers?

You can purchase a new kit at every 200th cooking show. Catalog shows don't count towards the 200. when you hit that point you will get the notice in the mail.

at 15k you get 2% raise--and a silver whisk-that's it

Well, that's it. Somebody misled me. I quit.Not really.

Gillian - suggestion on the plastic - get a basket or container that fits on the shelf and toss the little stuff in there. I do that or take my biggest plastic or tupperware item and stack everything in that. Eliminates some clutter for me...and keeps some of the kiddie cups from taking control and being all over.

No doubt, they should let you do that after a while. I mean it only makes sense, but I guess once you become directors, they give you samples anyway. That is what they are pushing people to do.

Gillian...I love your cabinets. They look like mine...except mine are not organized. All of my bottom cabinets have pull out drawers and I love them. My top cabinets don't have the pull outs, but they are very roomy. Next to my dishwasher I have a cabinet with no shelves or drawers and it has 1 divider in the middle...top to bottom...and I keep my flat stones and bar pans there. They can stand up. I also keep PC on the top of my cabinets along with my collection of little chefs. We remodeled our home about 2 years ago and I designed my own cabinets...wish I had done some things differently, but overall I love them. Unfortunately, even though I have about 4 times the storage I did have, it is still not enough...LOL I don't know where I am going to put my SS samples.

janetupnorth said:
Gillian - suggestion on the plastic - get a basket or container that fits on the shelf and toss the little stuff in there. I do that or take my biggest plastic or tupperware item and stack everything in that. Eliminates some clutter for me...and keeps some of the kiddie cups from taking control and being all over.
Thanks for the tip- I'll have to look for something to contain the containers!! My sippee cups are all organized and neat, but it is just all the different shaped rubbermaid things that throw me off!

Yikes!
gilliandanielle said:
Thanks for the tip- I'll have to look for something to contain the containers!! My sippee cups are all organized and neat, but it is just all the different shaped rubbermaid things that throw me off!

Me too Gill, I wish I had a special drawer just for those rubbermaid containers and lids. I just don't have the space. They are so frustrating but I can't live without them...LOL :D

I wonder if there is a container to hold all the containers neatly under my sink?? :confused: Another container?? Oh great....that probably won't solve my problem. :p

And the next thing you know, you'll have a container that holds all of the containers that contain your containers.At that point, you might consider taking up residence in the rubber room where you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Aren't you the one who is addicted to the container store?? We don't have one, but do they have anything like that??

Me? Hardly.My mutant family doesn't have the oganizational gene.

Check it out!!
gilliandanielle said:
Aren't you the one who is addicted to the container store?? We don't have one, but do they have anything like that??

I found a lid holder at the container store for tupperware!! It's called a plastic cover holder.

Wow!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• karui
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views