• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Your Cooking Skill Level and Style: Take Our Quiz Now!

In summary, Carolyn is a level 4 cook and WilDI is a level 5-6 cook. They both describe themselves as being "comfortable" in the kitchen. They both enjoy making food for others and cooking for themselves, but they admit that they could always improve. Carolyn's one word to describe her kitchen is "small," while WilDI's is "easy." The two agree that they are not professional chefs, but they are creative cooks.
SillyChef
In your opinion, what level of cook are you? From 1 - 10? Also what is ONE word that would describe you in the kitchen?

Personally, I am probably a level 7 in the kitchen. I am really good at judging stuff, but I am not an expert AT ALL.

One word to describe me in the kitchen is: Experimental!

BTW- this would be a good ice breaker for shows!

Oh man - I'd say I am like a 4? I can folllow a recipe but that's just about all I can do - LOL

One word...WILD

I am with Carolyn-probably about a 4 and that might even be pushing it. I can look at the recipes and they come out ok but half the time I forget an ingredient or 2 but miraculously they still taste good!

My description would probably be: Interesting (sarcastic of course)-LOL:D

Hmmm..... a 5 or a 6, maybe.

And one word..... carryout!
or Delivery!
or frozen
or slut (cheap, fast and easy)

:D :D

chefkristin said:
I am with Carolyn-probably about a 4 and that might even be pushing it. I can look at the recipes and they come out ok but half the time I forget an ingredient or 2 but miraculously they still taste good!

My description would probably be: Interesting (sarcastic of course)-LOL:D

I just LOVE that being the iffy chefs we are we can still be very successful Pampered Chefs!!!
The company makes this job SO easy for us!

I am probably an 8. I have been cooking since I was around 8 or 10 as I have always loved to cook and have a way cool Mom who wanted to teach me. One word to describe me would be comfort as in comfort foods down home cooking.

I actually forgot to put the FLOUR into a recipe and it still was great!! LOL

I would say 5 or 6.

One word to describe my kitchen - SMALL.

I prefer to eat with my mom though she is a 10 in my book!

As a cook - probably a 9,
As a baker - 4-5.

I love love love to cook, and have since I was very young. Some of my earliest and best memories are standing on a chair at the counter in the kitchen "helping" my mom cook. She always said as soon as I could read a recipe I could start cooking.....I think I learned how to read by recipe cards & cookbooks! That's also how I learned to practically use fractions in everyday life!:D I grew up on a farm where we didn't buy alot of ready made foods - we canned and froze most of what we ate - and my mom made homemade EVERYTHING! Some of the most comforting foods I can think of are one of my mom's homemade rolls fresh from the oven slathered with homemade Strawberry jam, and my mom's Homemade Chicken and Noodles (yep - homemade noodles!). Sooooo the kitchen is where I am most comfortable, and where I go when I am stressed, sad, happy, frustrated, angry.........and the only place where I am creative!

At my shows, sometimes for an icebreaker, I ask people what TV chef most describes them in the kitchen - Martha Stewart, Rachel Ray, or Ronald McDonald - and also what is their "go to" meal when they need to get dinner on the table in 5 minutes or less. Those 2 questions seem to really help me get to know where my group is kitchen-wise!

I would probably be an 8-9. I was trained for culinary at SOCC Culinary Acadamy, but with 2 kids and a working full time DH, I never had the chance to pursue a chef position. I am hoping to go into the arts of baking/cake making soon, summertime I think. My kitchen is far from gourmet (so far...) but I make do with what I have and have learned to adapt to my enviornment (small space, not so proffessional tools). I can only get better, right?

I am probably a 6, I am not a gourmet chef or baker! But I love to do both... and when I have the time I am always itching to cook and bake for others - I have to stop eating everything myself!! (I live alone) I try to limit myself just because of that, it is getting to be too much! haha ...and my one word....CHOCOLATE!

I am probably an 8. I love to cook and try new recipes. I keep saying that I am going to enter the Pillsbury Cook-off and try to win a million dollars....one day.....

On a good day a 9.....

My problem is that I don't like to follow recipes, I just like to wing it.

chefann said:
Hmmm..... a 5 or a 6, maybe.

And one word..... carryout!
or Delivery!
or frozen
or slut (cheap, fast and easy)

:D :D

OMG you crack me up:D

My area of expertise has always been baking, so I give myself a 9 there, and about a 7 in cooking, but I'm getting better thanks to PC.

I have a secret recipe that I was going to enter into the Pillsbury bake-off last year, but I missed the deadline. My husband took this item to work with him one day for a pitch-in and I got marriage proposals from his co-workers.

One word to describe me would also be Experimental. I love to come up with my own things. I'm also similar to Rachel Ray as far as I HATE TO MEASURE ANYTHING!!! It drives me nuts.

pamperedlinda said:
I am probably an 8. I love to cook and try new recipes. I keep saying that I am going to enter the Pillsbury Cook-off and try to win a million dollars....one day.....
I had a boss once back in 2000 who made it all the way to the finals with her CORN SALAD!! :eek: I'm sorry, I know that there are those catagories, but if I am going to enter the Puilsbury competiton to win, I'm bringing a dessert!!!

OH LORD...HAHAHA......I AM A 1 I have no clue what I am doing. I hated cooking before this. I am the one that comes out with flour all over my face, hair every where, Burned whatever it was. I probably ended up crying. Are you picturing this yet.....HAHAHAHAHA.

I really want to be able to cook, so this whole thing is a challenge and I wanted to be able to run my own business with way I wanted to. I also wanted to meet some of my own new friends that I could have fun with. So far I am having the time of my life.

BUT YES PEOPLE...A ONE...HAHAHAHAHHAHA. If I could go lower...I WOULD!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. DYING RIGHT NOW. BOY That was funny question.

Jill,

You are so funny!!! But, that is what is so great about PC! The recipes are so easy, even the "1's" can do them and still look like a gourmet cook! I have a fairly new recruit that doesn't know much about cooking either, and she is doing great!! She did well enough to earn some free things from the Sell-A-Thon, and she earned the knew knives when she signed up!

Just remember, it's all about the presentation!!

jenniferknapp said:
Just remember, it's all about the presentation!!

Says the woman writhing on the floor from food poisining...LOL...Just Kidding! No one is as bad a cook as my DH. How do you burn cold cereal????:eek:

Accidentally put it on hot burner like I would...BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I know I don't contribute a lot, but so many of you just crack me up and I find myself addicted to trying to read it all. LOL!

I'm probably a 5 in the kitchen, but certainly a 8 or 9 wannabe. If it weren't for my DH going behind me cleaning up, my kitchen and would probably start to look more like Jill's hair. :p I always splash or spill something on me, but I love to cook. I have an awesome Wisconsin Badgers apron, but do you think I'd remember to put it on?

One word ... CAUTIOUS. I'm too type A to not follow a recipe exactly, yet I want so bad to be creative and daring.

Last edited:
thechefofnorthbend said:
No one is as bad a cook as my DH. How do you burn cold cereal????:eek:

Say what??? Are you going to share that one with us? I've heard of people trying to cook in the microcookers on the stove top and melting them. I also had a customer put a chillzanne bowl in the microwave and blow it up. One girl on here one time said that she had her host put a stone in the oven for her while she was doing a demo, and the hostess put the stone in there while it was sitting on the woven basket!!! She said the whole place was filled with smoke!!

jenniferlynne said:
Say what??? Are you going to share that one with us? I've heard of people trying to cook in the microcookers on the stove top and melting them. I also had a customer put a chillzanne bowl in the microwave and blow it up. One girl on here one time said that she had her host put a stone in the oven for her while she was doing a demo, and the hostess put the stone in there while it was sitting on the woven basket!!! She said the whole place was filled with smoke!!

THIS IS ME THIS IS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOO MY DESCRIPTION!!!!!:D

jenniferlynne said:

Mr. brilliant decoded he wanted to "toast" his Life because he wanted a "deeper flavor" ?????:confused: Its cereal, you want deep, make an omlet!

Anywhoo...he places his cereal in the oven on a cookie sheet...not to bad so far..sets it for 375...ok, getting bad...and the decides he wants to play his video games and...yes, short attention span theater happens often in my household...FORGETS! Here is the kicker ladies and gents...the damn cereal was STILL IN THE BOX!!!:eek: Needless to say...he is not allowed within 100 ft of my kitchen without parental supervision...LOL. But i love him!

thechefofnorthbend said:
Here is the kicker ladies and gents...the damn cereal was STILL IN THE BOX!!!:eek: Needless to say...he is not allowed within 100 ft of my kitchen without parental supervision...LOL. But i love him!

Oh man!! That really brightened my day!! That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!!! Thanks for sharing!

Toast cereal...ha haWOW!! I will be using that story at my shows! :D I love to share funny stories at my shows and that is one of the funniest I have heard in a long time! Toasting must bring out the flavor in the cereal like nuts huh?:eek:

As far as me in the kitchen I would say an 8-9. I was a line cook, then chef before PC. But I of course still burn stuff...not cereal!!

One word: MESSY But my mom always said a messy cook is a good one!:D

Marlene,

I see on your signature line that you earned level three for the trip. I earned level 1. Do you know when we can start picking our gift certificates? I haven't heard anything.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Food, Yummy!!!!Being that I love food, I would have to say that I am a 9 in cooking and a 9 in baking. I love to bake and cook everything!!!!!

I just finished making a strawberry New York style cheesecake a few minutes ago and some sugared nuts for my husband to take to work.

I love to try new recipes and when I don't get it right you can be sure I will be in there trying to figure out what went wrong with that recipe until I get it right. Usually it just needs some tweaking.

My next big purchase for my kitchen will be a new stove in a couple months. I am so excited. My kitchenaid mixer is used almost everyday and I need to get another bowl for it. My pantry is stocked with everything you will ever need to make anything. So is my fridge.
At church and with family members I am known as Betty Crocker because I am always baking or cooking something. My father in laws favorite dish that I make is Jimbalaya. My husband loves desserts. And my kids love trying new kids dishes that I serve up to them every week. I home school so I have to make sure they get their exercise after indulging in my treats.

A word to describe my kitchen - EQUIPPED

Debbie :D

This is a fun question. I, too, was blessed with a Mom who loved to cook, and two MIL's who also loved to cook. My daughters have joined me, and now we are sharing our Love of Cooking and Baking with my grands. I'm about 8.5. I don't do complicated Gourmet magazine recipes but ones that taste and look as pretty as any restaurant meals we have had. In fact, I judge a restaurant against my own standards, and try to order items I don't often prepare at home, so that I will not be disappointed. One word to describe me would be Comfortable in the Kitchen.

level??I too was professionally trained. so I would have to rate my self high in both cooking and baking. If it has to be a # then it would be a 8 cooking and 9 in baking. Higher in baking as during the xmas season I made close to 20 doz cookies. looking forward to getting the press to try out.
One word discribing me in the kitchen is daring, as I will try any recipe at least once to see if I like it. just part of my upbringing as my dad always said you try it then you decide if you dont like it.

ME in the kitchen!!I thought it was a word to describe our kitchen because someone above said "small"
but you actually asked how would I describe me in the kitchen.....
Hmmmmmm
I love to have all four burners going and the oven too. It's a rush!

Maybe I would use this word:

Determined

Debbie :D

I would say I am an 8 in cooking but about a 5/6 in baking. I really don't do a lot of baking of cookies and stuff. But I LOVE to cook, we have friends over a lot on weekends and I love to entertain and cook for people. To describe me in the kitchen I would say: LOVE IT!!!

good question!
jenniferlynne said:
Marlene,

I see on your signature line that you earned level three for the trip. I earned level 1. Do you know when we can start picking our gift certificates? I haven't heard anything.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Jennifer,

That is a great question! I am not sure because I have never taken the certificates instead of the trip. I have earned a trip 4 years in a row and can't wait to see Atlantis!! You can call the HO about that and they will let you know when you get to select your certificates!!! Congrats on earning Level 1!!! Did you know that less than 10% of consultants earn ANY incentive?? So you are in the top 10% of the company!! Congratulations!!

I can't wait to see where trip 5 will be!!!! :D It is driving me crazy! And it probably won't be announced until day 2 of Leadership!! Can't wait to find out!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!!

I would say I am probably a 6 in cooking my husband does more baking then me but I would say a 6 in baking also.
a word to describe me in the kitchen is messy I feel like I am always making a mess in there

thechefofnorthbend said:
Mr. brilliant decoded he wanted to "toast" his Life because he wanted a "deeper flavor" ?????:confused: Its cereal, you want deep, make an omlet!

Anywhoo...he places his cereal in the oven on a cookie sheet...not to bad so far..sets it for 375...ok, getting bad...and the decides he wants to play his video games and...yes, short attention span theater happens often in my household...FORGETS! Here is the kicker ladies and gents...the damn cereal was STILL IN THE BOX!!!:eek: Needless to say...he is not allowed within 100 ft of my kitchen without parental supervision...LOL. But i love him!

I can't believe it........wow speechless:eek:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • CallieThames
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
reagan_davis