• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strategies for Capturing Pampered Chef Opportunities While "Out and About

In summary, four different people approached me in the past three days asking if I sell PC's. In each instance except for one, I gave them a catalog with my contact information. I'm feeling frustrated because I think I lost some good opportunities because I didn't get their info in return. I'm wondering what other people do to increase their chances of success when approaching PC salespeople.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay - in the past 3 days, while "out and about" I have been approached by 4 different people wanting to know if I sell PC (of course I'm always a walking billboard). In every instance except one - I gave them a catalog with my info, but didn't get info from them in return. I KNOW I should always get info, but here were the circumstances:
1. - I was doing last minute grocery shopping for TG, w/ my 2 yr old in tow, and a demo lady at the Grocery store asked me for a card etc.....she was very busy (and working), and I didn't feel I could have her stop and give me info in the middle of a crowded store with others waiting behind me
2. - In line at Costco - The Cashier was gushing about PC, and said she wanted to book a show after the holidays - I gave her a catalog - but again, there was a long line, and I didn't feel I could stop the line to get her info.
3. - In the middle of a toy store, with my DH and son - a lady again stops and tells me she has been looking for a PC consultant - I give her info., and then her husband and kids interrupt, and then so do mine - and the opportunity is gone...
4. - In the Parking Lot of the Christmas Tree Farm - the lady parked next to us almost jumped on top of me she was so excited to see that I was a PC lady! I was able to get a business card from her, and will be emailing her and following up with a phone call!

I have this sinking feeling that the first 3 I will never hear from again....although the cashier from Costco - I know her first name (It's on the receipt) so I could always go hang out there and get in her line again when I see her:D.
Soooo - I was just wondering what you all would do? I do usually try to get their info, but it just seems like I couldn't this past weekend - and I'm feeling a bit frustrated with the fact that I may have lost some good opportunities - and would like some strategies in place so it doesn't happen again!

I would go back to Costco at an non-busy time and find the cashier. Same with the demo lady. Usually they work at the same time.For future times, have the door prize slips extremely handy and offer to take their info if their hands are full. Take those few moments and get their info so YOU can take care of THEM.

next time, flip one of your biz cards over and ask them to write down their name & number real quick. tell them you'll call them the next day. it takes like not even a minute to write down. you can get their address & other stuff later.

pchefinski said:
next time, flip one of your biz cards over and ask them to write down their name & number real quick. tell them you'll call them the next day. it takes like not even a minute to write down. you can get their address & other stuff later.

Get their address and other information and tell them you'll mail them a catalog. This way you have contact information and you can follow-up.

The only reason I said to just get their number real quick was because she said that it was so crowded and busy she couldn't get their full information..

pchefinski said:
The only reason I said to just get their number real quick was because she said that it was so crowded and busy she couldn't get their full information..

Yep, that's right - I like the idea of getting just their phone # really quick....it really was way too busy to get a bunch of info from these ladies - in each instance I probably would have ticked alot of people off - and possibly gotten them in some trouble......I'll have to carry some business cards in my pocket so I can get to them quickly, instead of having to burrow thru my LARGE PC purse to find them!:D

pchefinski said:

That still works! Ask when you can call and get their address so you can mail a catalog.

I have had this happen before, and I know that I have lost business because I give out a mini catalog and never hear from them. I am going to start keeping business cards everywhere so I can write down their number and call to get their address to mail them a catalog. Thanks for the great idea!

What are you wearing/ carrying with you that gets everyones attention?

I can totally understand not getting their info. I always have kids out and about with me, and I lose tons of opportunities because they are acting up or the little one is screaming (red head tantrums). I just feel like I can get my leads from other areas until my kids are out of this stage... Hopefully they'll call!

Veevahchef said:
What are you wearing/ carrying with you that gets everyones attention?

I have my PC purse with the clear pocket for catalogs, I ALWAYS have on my PC pin from Nancy's Artworks, and I was also wearing my PC coat. (I won it in a cluster challenge last year!) Like I said - I'm a walking billboard! If I could just choose one item though - I would go for the pin! I have seriously gotten bookings in the middle of the Grocery Store just by always wearing my pin!

Paige Dixon said:
I can totally understand not getting their info. I always have kids out and about with me, and I lose tons of opportunities because they are acting up or the little one is screaming (red head tantrums). I just feel like I can get my leads from other areas until my kids are out of this stage... Hopefully they'll call!

Thanks for understanding! Maybe I just need to change my thinking a bit.....I think sometimes I can get obsessive about making sure everyone knows I sell PC!

Here's how I see it
ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - in the past 3 days, while "out and about" I have been approached by 4 different people wanting to know if I sell PC (of course I'm always a walking billboard). In every instance except one - I gave them a catalog with my info, but didn't get info from them in return. I KNOW I should always get info, but here were the circumstances:
1. - I was doing last minute grocery shopping for TG, w/ my 2 yr old in tow, and a demo lady at the Grocery store asked me for a card etc.....she was very busy (and working), and I didn't feel I could have her stop and give me info in the middle of a crowded store with others waiting behind me
2. - In line at Costco - The Cashier was gushing about PC, and said she wanted to book a show after the holidays - I gave her a catalog - but again, there was a long line, and I didn't feel I could stop the line to get her info.

I know they were busy, but if they had enough time to get your info, it probably would have been ok to get name and #.

Related to Strategies for Capturing Pampered Chef Opportunities While "Out and About

1. How can I effectively capture Pampered Chef opportunities while I'm out and about?

The best way to capture Pampered Chef opportunities while you're out and about is to always be prepared. Carry business cards, product catalogs, and samples with you at all times. This will make it easier for you to share information about the products and your business with potential customers.

2. What are some effective strategies for approaching potential customers while out and about?

One strategy is to strike up a conversation with someone who is already using or talking about cooking or kitchen products. You can also offer to do a cooking demonstration or provide samples to spark their interest. Another approach is to leave your business card or product catalog at local businesses or community bulletin boards.

3. How can I make sure I stand out and leave a lasting impression on potential customers?

One way to stand out is to offer a special promotion or discount for customers you meet while out and about. This will make them more likely to remember you and your business. Additionally, make sure to always be friendly and personable, and be knowledgeable about the products and their benefits.

4. What are some places or events where I can find potential Pampered Chef customers while "out and about"?

Farmer's markets, food festivals, and cooking classes are all great places to find potential customers. You can also consider hosting a booth at local fairs or community events. Additionally, keep an eye out for any local businesses or organizations that may be interested in hosting a Pampered Chef party.

5. How can I efficiently manage and follow up with the opportunities I capture while out and about?

It's important to have a system in place for managing and following up with potential customers you meet while out and about. Consider keeping a database or spreadsheet to track their contact information and any specific products they expressed interest in. Don't forget to follow up with them in a timely manner and offer to answer any further questions they may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Lexif424
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • soulsing