1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Stoneware Crock

1. Mystik

Mystik Member

I was thinking about getting the stoneware crock and beer bread gift set before they are discontinued, but am wondering what uses the crock has other than making breads in. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience?

Jan 12, 2006
  2. showmehow2

showmehow2 Guest

Crock

You can use it to display your nylon utensils on your kitchen counter when you're not using it for beer bread.

Jan 12, 2006
  3. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

I have several crocks. I have never used them to make bread. I think they are beautiful. So, I have 1 filled with my nylon tools, 1 filled with bamboo tools and scrapers, 1 filled with stainless steel tools, and 1 filled with knives...all in my kitchen. I also have 1 in my bathroom that holds my toothbrush, toothpaste and a mirror. You could use it for hairbrushes, flowers, etc. My favorite colors are the cranberry and the cobalt blue. They are expensive, but look beautiful and don't take up a lot of room. I usually carry one to my shows with the tools I need in it. My tool-turn-about is a lot bigger, so I keep it in one of my deep drawers filled with tools I don't use every day.

Jan 12, 2006
  4. batroark

batroark Member Gold Member

Another suggestion

You can also use the crocks for filling the crock with jolly rancher candies and using the heart mold to make the jolly rancher candy suckers with the long sucker sticks and place a few around to make a cute arrangement of maybe assorted colors or even using chocolate suckers. Or place the soft rounded rocks, marbles, or the stones you can buy in the craft section to stick the suckers or different items down in it. I too use it for all kinds of things, and think the Cranberry is the prettiest color but probably because I have apple decor in my kitchen. I would love to trade a mint green for a dark green to help match my kitchen better! Any offers...I have 2 new in the box-never taken out? I also enjoy in the summer picking roses off my bush a putting them in there, or even Easter flowers and putting them in there. Oh my gosh, I could go on all night. I am not saying that the person that started this thread is silly, but you have definitely got me a rollin'.lol Oh yeah, and I also put our beer bread in it and take it to our chuch functions all the time and they go gaa gaa over it!...we are Methodist! :D

Jan 12, 2006
  5. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Angela, I have two hunter green in boxes. Too bad I'm in Canada or we could trade one of each color. I'm a little afraid what the cost would be to ship that far, or if it would even make it intact! :rolleyes:

Jan 12, 2006
  6. I use the cranberry crock to hold all of my pens that I take to my shows. It looks nice, hold the pens and allows the guests to see the cranberry color.

7. kimhquilt

kimhquilt Novice Member

Pens

My director uses the cranberry crock to hold her pens she also attaches a fake flower to them in fall type colors. When the pens are in the crock it looks like a beautiful bouqet of flowers and she never loses a pen that way.

Kim

Jan 19, 2006
  8. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

Try This

Freeze the crock. Place the cold crock on the table and keep your bottle of white wine cold! Don't freeze and it can be used with a bottle of red!

Jan 19, 2006
  9. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

Great idea, I would of never thought of that! :D

Jan 19, 2006
  10. Mystik

Mystik Member

Thanks for all the great ideas. :)

Jan 20, 2006
  11. I Have the Tools

I Have the Tools Member

I now use my crock for my various kitchen tools.

But I also have done meatloaf in it (years ago, before the mini loaf stoneware). And of course quick breads.

Also used it at an ice cream social at church, it kept the ice cream cold longer.

Kris

Have something to add?