• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Cheesecake Recipe: No Springform Pan Required!

In summary, Shawnna is making a cheesecake for a family get together later today and doesn't have the Springform pan. She hates to run out and buy one from the store, so could she use the deep dish baker?? What do you all think? Anybody????
chefshawna
Gold Member
I am making a cheesecake for a family get together later today and don't have the Springform pan. I hate to run out and buy one from the store, so could I use the deep dish baker?? I thought maybe line it with parchment paper and then I could get it out easy?? What do you all think?

Anybody????????????

sorry, i have no clue!

Shawnna, I dont see why it wouldnt work. I would try it. Let us know how it turns out.

my hubby (our cheesecake person) says not to do it. The reason (he says) you use a springform pan is so that you can remove the pan from the cheesecake not the cake from the pan. In other words the cheesecake doesn't fall out of the pans and you would have to dig it out thus ruining the pretty look.

What if you had the graham cracker crust go all the way up? It is so buttery it might help it "slip out" easier?? Plus parchment paper of course.

chefmoseley said:
my hubby (our cheesecake person) says not to do it. The reason (he says) you use a springform pan is so that you can remove the pan from the cheesecake not the cake from the pan. In other words the cheesecake doesn't fall out of the pans and you would have to dig it out thus ruining the pretty look.

Well, I went ahead and bought a Wilton springform pan set:(:yuck::cry::grumpy: and used that, but I was going to line the stoneware in parchment paper so that I could just lift it out. Do you think if that was done that the stoneware would cook it properly? I plan on getting the PC pan soon!!!!

I make cheesecakes and sell them to people all the time. I have never used a stoneware pan. Which one are you planning on using?
The cheesecake will rise considerably and then fall back down when it is out cooling. So this might not work, I don't know which stoneware is very tall on the sides. Also I typically freeze my cheesecakes in order to get them out of the pan and take the bottom part off the graham cracker crust. I just put it over a low flame and it comes right off. Then I can box my cheesecakes and hours later when it's served it is delicious!!

Debbie :chef:

I've made lots of cheesecakes through the years. Trust me. You don't want to try making it in stoneware. Your recipe says to use a springform pan for a reason. For some things there are substitutes--springform pans aren't one of them.

Related to Stoneware Cheesecake Recipe: No Springform Pan Required!

1. What type of stoneware is best for making cheesecake?

The Pampered Chef Rectangular Baker or Deep Covered Baker are both great options for making cheesecake in stoneware. Their deep walls and even heat distribution make for a perfectly cooked cheesecake every time.

2. Do I need to grease the stoneware before baking a cheesecake?

No, you do not need to grease the stoneware before baking a cheesecake. The natural non-stick surface of the stoneware will prevent the cheesecake from sticking.

3. How do I prevent the crust from getting soggy when using stoneware for cheesecake?

A great tip for preventing a soggy crust when using stoneware for cheesecake is to pre-bake the crust for a few minutes before adding the filling. This will help create a barrier between the crust and the filling.

4. Can I use stoneware to make a no-bake cheesecake?

Yes, you can use stoneware to make a no-bake cheesecake. However, it is recommended to use a springform pan to easily remove the cheesecake from the stoneware after it sets in the fridge.

5. How do I clean stoneware after making a cheesecake?

To clean stoneware after making a cheesecake, simply let it cool down and then soak it in warm soapy water for a few minutes. Use a non-abrasive sponge or brush to gently remove any residue. Avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils on stoneware as it can damage the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • TinasKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
Replies
Views
redsoxgirl