• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Still Waiting for My Backordered Shirt: Anyone Else?

In summary, Amy is waiting for her black sparkly shirt with PC in rhinestones from Merrill to arrive, but it's on back order. She also ordered a green u-neck tee from Merrill and it fits her well. She hopes that Merrill makes changes to their business model so that customers have consistent sizing and high quality products that last.
amy07
I ordered the cute black shirt with PC in rhinestones from Merrill in July, and still have not received it, its on backorder. Anybody else still waiting? I can't wait to get it!:cool:

Amy~

I had a jacket on back order for a while (Ordered at NC) but it finally came in. I LOVE my black sparkly shirt from them, just have only been able to wear it once so far cuz of the temps here...I got another 3/4 sleeve shirt that is kindof a coral/rose color and I can't wait to wear it too! Oh...and my "chocolate" jacket!!

Hope yours comes in soon!

Not to hijack this thread but speaking of the black sparkly shirt, I got mine at confrence and I am getting mine hemmed to a T-shirt style since CA is about 95+ right now and never gets too cold! I can't wait to get it back to wear it this weekend at my summer boutique! :) Hope your's reaches you soon!

amy07 said:
I ordered the cute black shirt with PC in rhinestones from Merrill in July, and still have not received it, its on backorder. Anybody else still waiting? I can't wait to get it!:cool:

how are the sizes with Merrill? Do they run true to size or big or small? Shirts, anway....

Merrill FINALLY put sizing charts on all the apparel pages, so you can see what size to order. I've only got one piece from them (the u-neck tee in green), and it's true to size.

Lovely! Thanks Ann!

However; not everything is that way. I tried on a bunch of stuff at conference and some stuff fit good while the same size in a different shirt or jacket was too big or too small. I say use the sizing chart and try it on as soon as you get it, so you can send it back if it doesn't fit.

Back on topic...I am waiting on the Red, Black and White ribbons for the Ribbon purse I bought. I called them about them on B/O and the lady told me they would be mailing out at the end of the week, well that was 2 1/2 weeks ago. I know it doesn't take that long!!

Yea...things are different. Glad to hear they put sizing up for each. I was able to try on things at NC to get the best fit. I ordered a M for one thing, L for 3 things and an XL for something else. I don't think that rings "true to size" to me!

Part of the discrepancy is because Merrill isn't the manufacturer of the items. And each company that makes blanks (the shirts, etc. ready for embroidery or other personalization) has their own sizing charts and tolerance for shrinkage. I wish Merrill would include a statement for each item about the percentage of shrinkage to expect when laundering according to the instructions.

Ann~

I noticed that at conference! I was looking at the black sparkly shirt in a size M and it had one company's tag in it (it was also VERY NICELY made/stiched/thicker fabric that looked like it would wash up like a dream...) and then the size L (that I had to get, since the M didn't fit) was a totally different company!

I was really hoping that since HO is limiting our choices by only offering Merrill, that they (Merrill) would streamline who they use...and go with a company that sells HIGH QUALITY items that wash up nicely and last a long time!

Many of the clothing manufacturers specialize, so Merrill can't necessarily get woven shirts from the same co. as knit shirts. And they're shopping for price, too. They go with the supplier who can give them the best deal (hopefully on the best quality).

I know...all of that makes sense to me from a business standpoint. A girl can dream, though!! :)

She sure can.

It would be nice if we could have it all - consistent sizing, high quality and low prices. Alas! that combination is rarely found.

KellyTheChef said:
Ann~

I noticed that at conference! I was looking at the black sparkly shirt in a size M and it had one company's tag in it (it was also VERY NICELY made/stiched/thicker fabric that looked like it would wash up like a dream...) and then the size L (that I had to get, since the M didn't fit) was a totally different company!

I was really hoping that since HO is limiting our choices by only offering Merrill, that they (Merrill) would streamline who they use...and go with a company that sells HIGH QUALITY items that wash up nicely and last a long time!

Now I'm worried.......I ordered a medium - hope it fits!!! I also hope that for t-shirts that they will start offering a higher quality fabric and something other than the "ringer" collars. I don't think that they are flattering on most women - would love more scoop neck tees;)
Guess I'll just try to wait patiently (that is sooo difficult for me!)

I ordered a Medium without trying it on since Med. is usually what I wear, I get home and try it on and it runs a little bigger than I had imagined.

I am going to be ordering a XL to be on the safe side, plus the fact I can't seem to quit gaining weight.:(

I called Merrill this morning as I still have not received my shirt. The rep said she would call me right back..........5 hours later, I called again, to be told that they have changed from a 3/4 sleeve to a long sleeve. So where's my shirt? They don't have it, AND they do NOT have the new ones either. They are going to see if they have any extras laying around, and will get back to me, maybe by the morning. UGHHHH!!

Speaking of Merrill, I ordered a few things last week, was pleasantly surprised when everything showed up today....EXCEPT my business cards. They are listed as a backorder. Hello?? You ran out of business cards? I know that there's a huge promo going on right now, but one wouldn't think that they would run out of biz cards. I don't know...............sigh.

Merrill did good!Merrill did good! After waiting so long for the "bling" shirt, and being told that they didn't even have the long sleeve, the rep offered me a shirt - NO COST! I got the 3/4 sleeve that is similar to the "bling", and it is wonderful! The color is nice (merlot), and it fits really good. If anything it may run a little large. I ordered a medium, and I still have room if it does shrink a little! AND they even sent it 2 day! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Amy,
this needs it's own thread Merrill has taken a bashing lately. (including from me) It would be nice to let them shine in some a positive light

Related to Still Waiting for My Backordered Shirt: Anyone Else?

1. What does "B/O" mean in the context of Pampered Chef?

"B/O" stands for "backorder." This means that the item is currently out of stock and is expected to be restocked at a later date.

2. How long will an item be on backorder?

The length of time an item will be on backorder varies and is dependent on the availability of the item from our suppliers. We strive to restock items as quickly as possible and will provide updates on the estimated restock date.

3. Can I still place an order for an item that is on backorder?

Yes, you can still place an order for an item that is on backorder. However, please note that the item will not ship until it is back in stock.

4. Can I cancel my order if the item is on backorder?

Yes, you can cancel your order if the item is on backorder. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with canceling your order.

5. Will I be charged for an item that is on backorder?

If you have already placed an order for an item that is on backorder, your credit card will be charged at the time of purchase. If you cancel your order before it ships, you will be refunded for the full amount. If you would like to cancel your backorder after it has shipped, you may return the item for a refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• julmarsala
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
beckybell27
  • dianevill
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • vanscootin