• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stepping Down as Secretary: Balancing School, Work, and PTA Responsibilities

In summary, the secretary is not able to serve on the PTA because of the same days that the classes are and the amount of time that she is willing to spend.
Chef_2_Four
before school even started I had to step down as secretary. I really wanted to do it, but the classes available to me are the same days as our meetings and it wouldn't be fair to them for me to miss the meetings and it wouldn't be fair to me to miss class. plus i want to keep selling Pampered Chef, and the PTA president is requiring all this extra crap that isn't a requirement. Like this saturday was a conference for PTA board members well sorry I have shows that day! anyway maybe when my kids get into school I will be more involved but I can't do it right now!

Don't feel bad, April. Sounds like the PTA president expects the secretary to treat the position as a full-time job. It's a good thing to evaluate and set your priorities. There will be plenty of time to serve. Maybe by then there will be a president who realizes that that's a volunteer position.

I agree. You have to set your priorities and stick to it.

raebates said:
Don't feel bad, April. Sounds like the PTA president expects the secretary to treat the position as a full-time job. It's a good thing to evaluate and set your priorities. There will be plenty of time to serve. Maybe by then there will be a president who realizes that that's a volunteer position.

i know!!! she has had two meeting this summer!! i'm like um...summer vacation!! anyway its not even for my kids school, it is for the one I work at. my babies aren't old enough yet! but she wanted to have a meeting like every 2 weeks practically!! ok more like every 3 but still i don't have time for that!

I've never even heard of having PTA officers that weren't parents or teachers!!! When my kids were in elementary school, all positions were parents except for the treasurer & she was a teacher & a parent. My husband was a vice-president & I was secretary & we never had that many meetings...especially not during the summer!! In fact I only remember 1 meeting during the summer!!!

Stampaholic1961 said:
I've never even heard of having PTA officers that weren't parents or teachers!!! When my kids were in elementary school, all positions were parents except for the treasurer & she was a teacher & a parent. My husband was a vice-president & I was secretary & we never had that many meetings...especially not during the summer!! In fact I only remember 1 meeting during the summer!!!

Well I'm not a teacher but I do work at the school. Maybe when my kids start school I will be an officer but that is still a few years away!

Related to Stepping Down as Secretary: Balancing School, Work, and PTA Responsibilities

1. How can I effectively balance my school, work, and PTA responsibilities while stepping down as secretary?

The key to balancing these responsibilities is to prioritize and plan ahead. Make a schedule or to-do list to keep track of important dates and tasks. Communicate with your school, work, and PTA about your availability and any potential conflicts. Delegate tasks to other members of the PTA or ask for help from colleagues and classmates when needed.

2. What steps should I take before stepping down as secretary?

Before stepping down, it is important to inform the rest of the PTA and work with them to find a replacement. Make sure to complete any ongoing tasks or projects and provide thorough documentation for the next secretary. Communicate clearly with your school and work about your plans to step down and make arrangements for any necessary transitions.

3. Will stepping down as secretary affect my job or standing in the PTA?

Stepping down as secretary should not negatively impact your job or standing in the PTA. It is important to communicate with your employer and the PTA about your reasons for stepping down and make sure to fulfill your responsibilities until a replacement is found. You can also consider taking on a different role within the PTA that may better fit your schedule.

4. How can I ensure a smooth transition for the new secretary?

To ensure a smooth transition, provide thorough documentation and training for the new secretary on all ongoing tasks and projects. Offer your support and guidance during the transition period. It may also be helpful to schedule a meeting with the new secretary and the rest of the PTA to discuss their role and responsibilities.

5. Is it possible to balance all of these responsibilities without stepping down as secretary?

It is possible, but it may require some adjustments and sacrifice. Prioritizing and effective time management are key. You may need to delegate some tasks or ask for help from colleagues or other PTA members. It is important to communicate clearly with all parties involved and make sure to take care of yourself and avoid burnout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
naekelsey
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies