• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Staying Active as a Pampered Chef Consultant While Abroad

Then either ship something or come up with a plan to have people order and pick it up while you're there. Set up shows while you are away. Try to do a show with friends or family while you are there, or ship something. It would be helpful to have the essentials in your kitchen while you are there though.
jcwarr
hi everyone - i have a question for you all as you always have such great suggestions. i am about to travel abroad from august through february. i have a show lined up for august and a cat show for september. i will actually be home for 3 weeks in part of oct through beg of nov. does anyone have any advice as to how to keep my status as a pc consultant going? i don't want to go inactive and i'd rather not lose all my sales i've accumulated- i'm so close to 15,000! i've only been doing this since march - i've exhausted all my family and close friends for shows from when i started. i just wonder if anyone else has been in this situation and what you did - or if you have any advice.
thanks!!
jen

the best thing would be to do some catalogs shows. Have at least one a month lined up.

worst case, do the cat shows you have, try to do a real party in oct but turn in nov. then do a leave of absence from dec, jan and feb. then make sure you have something for march.

wow, where ya going for that long?

travelwe will be back home on cape cod for the 1st month - then going to london for my husband's job. should be a great time! but i'm really enjoying my pc life and don't want to lose my momentum.

Do catalogs shows and online shows. While you are in LOndon do a few shows out there too. Granted you cant take your kitchen w/ you but could you ship a "few" pieces there like a saute pan, manadiloin,garlic press,scrapers, bowls etc
As long as you have the esstional you can show them off and sale them. Good Luck and have fun in London!!!

I believe you have to be an England consultant to do shows in England. We only ship to the US. Set up catalog/online shows while you are gone. Talk your best friends/family members into being the host - getting the free product and getting the product to the others who ordered. If noone wants to step up, you'll have to do direct shipping.I know you can do a temporary leave of absense, but I'm not sure how long. I believe it is 3 months out of every 12. Is it every calendar year or 12 months from the first month you took off? If it is the former, try to take off a few months before the end of the year and then use it again in the Spring.Definately do shows at Cape Cod! Show people how easy it is to stock their vacation kitchen and home kitchen with these wonderful tools. They make entertaining simple and eating somewhat healthy (vacation mindset :p) easy.Email/call HO and see what the deal is with selling in London as well as recruiting in London. You might also want to see if there is a military base there that doesn't have a PC rep. Contact them to see if you can send over some flyers and do a few shows. A US military base is considered US soil, and we do ship there. You should be able to get recruits with that one! Maybe you can get in contact with a London PC person to borrow some of the essential tools instead of shipping them over. There are some military people on this board. They can probably give you a few pointers on how to find bases and who to talk to. Once you get the names of the bases, HO could probably tell you if a consultant is based there.HTH

shano said:
Do catalogs shows and online shows. While you are in LOndon do a few shows out there too. Granted you cant take your kitchen w/ you but could you ship a "few" pieces there like a saute pan, manadiloin,garlic press,scrapers, bowls etc
As long as you have the esstional you can show them off and sale them. Good Luck and have fun in London!!!
I don't think she would be able to do that, because you can't ship out of the US, unless it's on a base. The only way you might get away with it would be to ship them to herself, then she would have to reship them, and then they would pay lots of shipping. But you could get lucky and someone might not care about the shipping costs.

I would suggest DEFINATELY set up a show or two while you are 'home' in Cape Cod. If you know lots of friends and/or family there you could ask them what they have so that would be some things you wouldn't have to bring in your 'traveling show'. Or since you will be there for a month, you could have an open house and put an ad in the local paper and fliers out everywhere and do something with recruiting there as well as a mystery host show, and a showing of the new products, just a few ideas you can build off of.

Send out an email NOW to all your family and friends. Tell them how much you enjoy doing Pampered Chef and that you don't want to lose your sales status. Ask friends and family if they'd be willing to sign up to do a catalog show each month for you. Maybe offer them an incentive. Do you have a PC website? You can run everything online! Set up your shows and have people order online under the host's name for that month. Tell your friends that they'll be able to buy the host special if they even do $150 in sales!

You can do it!!

Beth in PA

Correct me if I am wrong, but all she really needs is a host or friend on the military base to ship to. The products have to be shipped to the base, but does anything say they need to stay there? She could sell to people in England, ship them to someone on base, then distribiute them. Maybe you could find a consultant on base that wouldn't mind intecepting the shows for you! That might be against the rules, I honestly have no idea, but I am just throwing ideas out there!

I think there could be a problem with the military mail service...they may get paranoid that something underhanded is going on. If it were me, I would do my best to do this above board.I also remember someone saying that the products have to be shipped separately to each guest on a military base...I could be wrong on that one. We need to get a military person on this thread!

My husband is military and we have the same shipping as civilians. I do shows all the time on base and have the products shipped to the host just like I would for hosts who live in town. We aren't overseas so maybe its different if you are.

I would contact HO and let them know your situation. Maybe they can accomodate you while you are in England, especially since you are there for an extended amount of time.

I agree with Shari! Call HO and see exactly what the rules are, and if there is any way to get around them while you are in England.

Related to Staying Active as a Pampered Chef Consultant While Abroad

1. How can I stay active as a Pampered Chef consultant while abroad?

One way to stay active as a Pampered Chef consultant while abroad is to utilize online tools such as virtual parties and social media to connect with your customers and continue to promote your business.

2. Can I still hold in-person cooking parties while abroad?

Yes, it is possible to hold in-person cooking parties while abroad. However, it is important to check with local laws and regulations regarding hosting events and to plan accordingly.

3. Will my sales and commission be affected while I am abroad?

Your sales and commission may be affected while you are abroad, as it may be more difficult to access certain markets or products. However, utilizing online tools and staying in touch with your customers can help mitigate any potential impact.

4. How can I maintain a work-life balance while abroad?

It is important to set boundaries and prioritize your time while abroad. Schedule specific working hours and stick to them, and make sure to also take time for self-care and exploring your new surroundings.

5. Are there any tips for staying motivated and focused while working abroad?

One tip is to set specific goals for your business while abroad and regularly track your progress. It can also be helpful to connect with other Pampered Chef consultants who have experience working abroad for support and advice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Endora
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Rosechef
  • ChefMJ