• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting Up Again with Pampered Chef: Challenges for Parents

In summary, Trish in Texas thinks that if you want to do catalog shows, you have to be enthusiastic and have good sales skills.
ChefJesssica
So, I had decided to give up Pampered Chef completely and not sell again. I was through. But I opened the new catalog and saw those adorable little green knives and now I want to start up again. Has anyone had any luck doing mainly catalog shows? I just don't have enough "childless time" right now and we don't believe in leaving our kids with babysitters. Any thoughts?

I don't have any experience personally, but I've spoken with a few consultants who have done mainly catalog shows. Some have used this during "maternity leave." Others have simply done this to stay active during a busy time. If you love TPC and are willing to work your business, I can't see why you couldn't make it work.

Best wishes!

I'm starting out with some...I've just heard without the face-to-face contact and "enthusiasm" of a party, it is hard to keep that momentum going... Of course, maybe you can do one a month and keep "active" at least until the kids get a little older or time is a little more free.

My kids are at a sitter all day (in a home which is nice with just them), but I also don't like to "leave my kids" because I value the time I have with them. However, I am taking a few nights a month for PC and leaving them with Daddy and letting him have time alone with them. I think they'll value it as much as the time they have alone with me when he is at camp (work). I weighed my decision to join PC VERY heavily because I didn't want to sacrifice my family for it.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Janet

It depends on how you go about it. I have two consultants who do just Catalog Shows. The one has $700 Shows and the other has yet to turn in her first show, but I'm thinking it will be good too, since she knows lots of people.

I think the key is to think "outside the box." With Cooking Shows, you probably get more leads for hosts, etc. But, if you're always talking enthusiastically about benefits of a Catty Show, then I think you will reel them in in droves!

People tend to buy more when they can see, touch or taste the results of our products. But, if you sell the "sizzle" (how good something is), then you don't need to show them. I've sold several Deep Covered Bakers just by TALKING about the yummi-ness of the chicken, etc.

Trish in Texas
Future Director and Recruiter

I think one of the biggest problems with catalog shows (besides lower sales) is that the bookings don't come as easy, therefore you have the show and then nothing else.

Someone in my cluster, and I have only met her once or twice, was supposedly the queen of catalog shows in our cluster. I think she really played up the booking benefit to the host and maybe had a flyer to share with the guests, so that they think about booking a show also.

Maybe you could also call the guest before you submit the show, double check their order, and mention the benefits of booking a catalog show. If the host mentions it, then you mention it again, maybe you could keep catalog shows going.

I haven't had too many host book from my catalog shows, but just thought maybe this would be an idea.

Some of the top execs. in PC do mostly catalog shows. It can be done but to increase the sales and bookings you must have enthusiasm (both host and consultant) Maybe incentives for getting other bookings ( I put a minimum $ amount.... to receive X for free at their show, they must have at least X amount in guest sales) That way you don't get ripped off. Valky

My catalog shows are actually picking up. I wouldn't have done squat in December if it weren't for all my catalog shows!

What about registries and fundraisers also? Would be less out of house time than a show but could work for you.

Related to Starting Up Again with Pampered Chef: Challenges for Parents

1. What is "Starting Up Again with Pampered Chef: Challenges for Parents"?

"Starting Up Again with Pampered Chef: Challenges for Parents" is a program designed specifically for parents who are interested in starting or restarting their Pampered Chef business. It provides support, resources, and tips to help parents balance parenting and running a successful Pampered Chef business.

2. Is this program only for parents who have previously been part of Pampered Chef?

No, this program is open to all parents who are interested in starting a Pampered Chef business or restarting their previous Pampered Chef business.

3. What types of resources are included in this program?

This program includes a variety of resources such as training materials, marketing materials, and support from experienced Pampered Chef consultants. It also includes access to a private online community where parents can connect with each other and share tips and advice.

4. How will this program help me balance parenting and running a Pampered Chef business?

The program offers tips and strategies for managing your time effectively as a parent and as a business owner. It also provides resources to help you streamline your Pampered Chef business and make it more efficient, so you can spend more time with your family.

5. Is there a cost to participate in this program?

There is no cost to participate in this program. It is a free resource for all parents who are part of the Pampered Chef community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SillyChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies
Views
jwpamp