• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting Over: What Would You Get for a Fire Victim's Brand New Kitchen?

In summary, a woman who's house had burned was given a show to help raise money for her. People bought her things at the show, and she is now stocking a new kitchen.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
Okay, this is not really the place for this thread because it isn't exactly a fundraiser but anyway...........

I had a show last weekend that was held for a woman who's house had burned. The show was actually scheduled before this happened but the hostess wanted to do something for her and we talked about a fundraiser but decided that the better thing to do would be to hold the show and give her the benefits and let people buy her things because she has nothing left. So she is going to be stocking a brand new kitchen.

so the hostess had the show and she kept the 1/2 price items for herself but gave all of the free product to this woman. Trouble is the woman is really upset right now and unable to pick out her items and wants us to do it. What would you get? Imagine you are starting over from scratch and you need everything. What would you get if you had the opportunity? Obviously cookware is out of the question because we are only using free product value and we want her to get the most she can but what might I be missing - the host has left it up to me. People have bought her a few things - batter bowl, bamboo spoons, bamboo cheese board (not what I'd have gotten under these circumstances but I don't judge the gifts, I just order them) and a few others.

Give me some help.

cutting board, knives (the cheaper ones), mearsuring cups/spoons, prep bowls, maybe a cookbook, nylon tools, can opener, vegi peeler, servers. Our small everyday kitchen tools, I think, would be the most beneficial.

How much fpv $$ are we talking about?

Depending on the FPV amount here's what I would recommend:large grooved cutting board, mix n scraper, master scraper, whisk, can opener, mini serving spatula, utility knife, food chopper, measure all cup, easy read measuring cups, prep bowls, nylon tool set, large bar pan, colander and bowl set, garlic press

I'd get:Vegetable peeler
colander and bowl set (for draining and for storage & serving)
small mix n scraper
skinny scraper
mix n chop
stainless whisk
Utility knife (either one)
cutting board
Large Bar Pan
Med. metal bar pan
measure all cup
easy read measuring cups
adjustable measuring spoon set
can openerAlthough I love the chopper, I think a knife would be more all purpose....if there is enough fpv, I'd go with a chopper too.

small hijack:
I use the food chopper as my nut chopper, so it's get used a ton in my house. I refuse to use knives on nuts. So to me it's like a necessity! :D (Maybe others don't use nuts very often, but we use nuts on lots of things: in cookies, on salads, in stir fry, on ice cream, brownies, etc.)

babywings76 said:
small hijack:
I use the food chopper as my nut chopper, so it's get used a ton in my house. I refuse to use knives on nuts. So to me it's like a necessity! :D (Maybe others don't use nuts very often, but we use nuts on lots of things: in cookies, on salads, in stir fry, on ice cream, brownies, etc.)

We are a nut-less family so we use the food chopper for everything else.
Wait - that didn't come out right LOL

As to the 'essentials', I have been racking my brain all morning and I can't come up with anything that the other people haven't already covered.
Tell her good luck and Godspeed for putting this troubling time behind her.

Question: is she in a new house (does she have access to an oven) if not I would definately say the DCB. She can cook healthy meals every night of the week in the microwave.

What is "What Would You Want?"

"What Would You Want?" is a Pampered Chef product that allows you to easily create custom meal plans based on your personal preferences and dietary restrictions.

How does "What Would You Want?" work?

First, you input your dietary preferences and restrictions. Then, using our extensive collection of recipes and ingredients, "What Would You Want?" generates a personalized meal plan for you. You can also make adjustments and substitutions as needed.

Is "What Would You Want?" customizable?

Yes, "What Would You Want?" allows you to customize your meal plan by selecting specific recipes, adjusting serving sizes, and making substitutions for ingredients that may not work for your dietary needs.

Do I need any special equipment for "What Would You Want?"

No, "What Would You Want?" is a digital product that can be accessed through your computer or mobile device. You do not need any special equipment to use it.

Can I save my meal plans on "What Would You Want?"

Yes, you can save your meal plans on "What Would You Want?" for easy access and reference in the future. You can also print them out to have a physical copy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • texasteacher
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
texasteacher
Replies