• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting a Pampered Chef Business While Pregnant: Realities & Tips

In summary, many people start selling PC when they are pregnant. My cousin in law is expecting a baby in october and she has talked to me about the business. It would be hard for her to start now, but if she starts now she already has a customer base.
Chef_2_Four
how many people start selling PC when they are pregnant? I know there are several people here that are pregnant or just had a baby but to me you are already in there with people you know. My cousin in law is expecting a baby in october and she has talked to me about the business. how hard would it be for her to start now instead of waiting? should i tell her to wait or go ahead. i did tell her she could take maternity leave when she has the baby but i guess i would think it would be harder to start towards the end of pregnancy instead of waiting until after the baby is here. I could be completely wrong. I'm just thinking that if you start and then get pregnant you already have a customer base. just wondering...

I was not pregnant when I started but had a 6 month old when I signed. I would not have been able to start when I was near the end of my pregnancy because I could barely walk at the point.... let alone have the energy to talk and cook at the same time! Of course everyone is completely different as far as pregnancy goes. For me, I started when I was ready to start getting out of the house alone.. it was my escape.

thanks! i was just wondering I wasn't trying to hurt feelings just curious if I should try to swing her to wait until after she has her baby.

Thanks!

I personally would tell her to wait until after she has the baby. I started when my first was 4-5 months old & I was fine. But I'm 6 months pregnant now (also due in Oct!) & this, for me, would be a VERY hard time to start. My brain is mush & it's starting to get hard to get stuff in & out of the car. Plus if she takes time off for the baby, she'd basically be starting all over again once she's ready to get back. I'd advise her to wait to get her business started off on the right foot. Good luck to her!

I would say wait too. There is no way towards the end of my pregnancy I would have wanted to try to start a new business. I worry about continueing when I get pregnant for the second time towards the end, I am hoping for several catalog shows to keep me active.

Of course everyone and every pregnancy is different though.

I am 4 months pregnant now and I am exhausted all the time and having a hard time getting motivated right now. I agree with waiting,

I started selling PC when I was 4 months pregnant. I never had to take a leave. I also moved 3 hours away after selling PC for only 9 months. I then had another baby one year after I moved, and again, I did not ever go inactive or take a leave. I'm just letting you know. I'm not bragging and I dont pass judgement on anyone who does things differently.

I didn't know I was pregnant when I signed on, but I certainly was! I was one month along and found out I was pregnant the same day I was having my first "real" kitchen show! It was at my sister's house and I was so excited and so was everyone else! I personally would suggest waiting. She may be fine now, but she may not feel like doing anything tomorrow! I was so sick for a while that I ended up in the hospital the day of one of my shows!!! Have her do whatever feels right to her!

Related to Starting a Pampered Chef Business While Pregnant: Realities & Tips

What are the benefits of starting a Pampered Chef business while pregnant?

Starting a Pampered Chef business while pregnant can have numerous benefits, including the flexibility to set your own schedule, the opportunity to work from home, and the potential for extra income during a time when finances may be tight. Additionally, as a consultant, you will have access to discounted products and the chance to earn rewards and bonuses.

How physically demanding is running a Pampered Chef business while pregnant?

The physical demands of running a Pampered Chef business while pregnant can vary depending on your individual circumstances. As a consultant, you have the option to conduct parties and events in-person or online, so you can choose the level of physical activity that is comfortable for you. Additionally, you can delegate tasks to team members or ask for help from friends and family if needed.

What are some tips for managing a Pampered Chef business while pregnant?

Some tips for managing a Pampered Chef business while pregnant include prioritizing your health and well-being, setting realistic goals and expectations, and utilizing tools and resources provided by Pampered Chef to streamline your business. It is also important to communicate openly with your team and customers about your pregnancy and any potential changes or limitations.

Can I still attend Pampered Chef events and conferences while pregnant?

Yes, you can still attend Pampered Chef events and conferences while pregnant. However, it is important to consult with your healthcare provider and make necessary accommodations such as bringing comfortable shoes and snacks, taking frequent breaks, and avoiding strenuous activities. Pampered Chef also offers virtual options for events and conferences, providing flexibility for pregnant consultants.

Are there any restrictions on earning potential while pregnant as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, there are no restrictions on earning potential while pregnant as a Pampered Chef consultant. You will continue to earn commissions and bonuses based on your sales and team performance, regardless of your pregnancy. As long as you are able to meet the requirements and responsibilities of being a consultant, you can still achieve success and grow your business while pregnant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kat29
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Alanna1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pamperedsarahm