• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stainless Cookware Vs Calphalon

In summary, the lifetime warranty is a great benefit of our stainless cookware over calphalon. The skillet side by side performed better from PC than the Calphalon. The handles get very hot and I often need to use oven mits to handle them. The satin finish of the stainless makes it easy to clean.
niccibyrd
I have a host who wants our stainless cookware but saw that calphalon is on sale at Macy's. Other than the lifetime gauranty what are the benefits of ours vs calphalon?

Thanks in advance!!!

When i first got my 12 inch SS skillet i was so wowed that i ended up replacing all my calphalon to PC SS.
The skillet side by side performed much better from PC than the Calphalon. Also my Calphalon after the first few weeks/months of using warped on the bottom and danced on the stovetop. Also you cannot put those in the dishwasher. I used Calphalon for over 6 years, and i am soo happy with my PC SS.

I hope it helps.

FYI I have a fairly new (Christmas) Calphalon SS set, and DESPISE it... LOVE my PC pieces though... Not sure why, but I just do... It seems everything sticks in my Calphalon (even the things that shouldn't) and it isn't the case with my PC... I also have Calphalon non-stick, and even though I enjoy them more than my SS set, I much prefer my PC pieces as well...

I have a full set of the non-stick Calphalon and absolutely LOVE it... That being said, I love the PC set more... (i know you're referring to the stainless, but I thought I might mention this about the non-stick) In my opinion, the two are VERY similar, but the #1 difference are the handles. My Calphalon handles get very hot, even just using them on the stovetop, and I often need to use oven mits to handle them. Of course, the Pampered Chef handles do not get hot unless using them IN the oven. I made the Zesty Ravioli at a show tonight and actually made the meal IN my Calphalon just to show how incredibly hot the handle gets. My guest were shocked. Of course, I had the PC skillet there to compare it to.

I have heard that you have to "baby" the Calphalon. Is this true? I have a friend who treats it with kid gloves and I always tease that I don't have to do that w/ my PC nonstick. I have no other experience w/ any other stainless cookware except for my mother's which she has had since she got married over 40 yrs ago. (and is awesome cookware)

I know I was impressed that I read that PC stainless cookware has a "satin" finish which gives food a quick release when cleaning. Am I remembering correctly? I think that's a great benefit with stainless cookware... I'm just picturing my Grandmother with her brillo scouring pad. Ut-uh, not me!

Zsu said:
When i first got my 12 inch SS skillet i was so wowed that i ended up replacing all my calphalon to PC SS.
The skillet side by side performed much better from PC than the Calphalon. Also my Calphalon after the first few weeks/months of using warped on the bottom and danced on the stovetop. Also you cannot put those in the dishwasher. I used Calphalon for over 6 years, and i am soo happy with my PC SS.

I hope it helps.

I have one of the Executive Sets, which I absolutely love, but when I read this I immediately went to look at the C&U on CC, because my understanding is you never put ANY cookware in the dishwasher. Now, I'm thinking I really need to get a couple of SS pieces!:love:

It's any non-stick cookware that shouldn't go in the dishwasher. Our stainless can go in the dishwasher but I'm not sure of other brands.

You have to be careful about putting other brands in the dishwasher if they're not high quality SS. Any thin SS can warp in the dishwasher. And I've had some get crazy discolored. I can't wait til Sept when I'm going to host my OWN show and get a set at 60% off! WOO HOO!

Deanna, you do realize that the September special is cutlery. Right? Did you mean at 50% off? Did you mean October?

Last edited:

What is the main difference between stainless cookware and Calphalon?

The main difference between stainless cookware and Calphalon is the material they are made from. Stainless cookware is made from stainless steel, while Calphalon is made from hard-anodized aluminum. This difference in material affects their durability, heat conductivity, and price.

Which one is more durable, stainless cookware or Calphalon?

Calphalon is generally considered to be more durable than stainless cookware. This is because hard-anodized aluminum is a stronger material than stainless steel, making it less likely to dent or scratch. However, both types of cookware can last a long time if taken care of properly.

Which one is better for cooking, stainless cookware or Calphalon?

The answer to this question depends on personal preference. Stainless cookware is better for browning and searing, as it can withstand high heat without warping. However, Calphalon has better heat conductivity, so it may heat up more evenly and quickly. It ultimately depends on what type of cooking you do most often.

Is one type of cookware more expensive than the other?

Generally, Calphalon is more expensive than stainless cookware. This is because hard-anodized aluminum is a more expensive material than stainless steel. However, there are many factors that can affect the price, such as the size of the cookware and the brand.

Which one is easier to clean, stainless cookware or Calphalon?

Both stainless cookware and Calphalon are relatively easy to clean. Stainless steel is non-porous, so food and stains are less likely to stick. Calphalon has a non-stick coating, making it easier to clean, but it can be damaged by using harsh cleaning methods. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning both types of cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
marystell1
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedcheflori
Replies
Views
chefcharity