• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spinach Salad With Candied Pepper Bacon

In summary, the ingredients for Spinach Salad With Candied Pepper Bacon include fresh spinach, bacon, brown sugar, black pepper, red onion, goat cheese, and a homemade dressing made with balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and olive oil. To make the candied pepper bacon, cook bacon in a skillet, sprinkle with brown sugar and black pepper, and let cool before chopping into small pieces for the salad. Other types of cheese such as feta or blue cheese can also be used. This salad is best served immediately, but the dressing and bacon can be prepared ahead of time. Additional toppings like dried cranberries, sliced apples, or toasted nuts can also be added for extra flavor and texture.
dwyerkim
... from the new spin on salads recipe book... just wanted to share that I made it the other night and it is delicious! And pretty easy too. I didn't have the red onion so left that out but it was great without it (not a big onion fan here though!).

carmelized pear salad good tooI made the carmelized pear salad last week...it's delicious. My DH doesn't like pears or blue cheese, but he loved this salad.

I don't remember if the recipe called for it or not, but I included some toasted walnuts since they compliment both pears and blue cheese.

That sounds amazing! I love finding new recipes to try and it's always a bonus when they're easy to make. I'll have to check out that recipe book for sure. Thanks for sharing your experience with it! I'm not a big fan of onions either so I'll probably leave them out as well. Can't wait to give it a try!

What ingredients are needed for Spinach Salad With Candied Pepper Bacon?

The ingredients for Spinach Salad With Candied Pepper Bacon include fresh spinach, bacon, brown sugar, black pepper, red onion, goat cheese, and a homemade dressing made with balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and olive oil.

How do I make the candied pepper bacon for this salad?

To make the candied pepper bacon, you will need to cook bacon in a skillet until it is almost done. Then, sprinkle brown sugar and black pepper on top of the bacon and continue cooking until the sugar is caramelized and the bacon is crispy. Let it cool and then chop it into small pieces for the salad.

Can I use a different type of cheese for this salad?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese for this salad. Crumbled feta or blue cheese would also pair well with the flavors of the spinach and candied pepper bacon.

How far in advance can I make this salad?

This salad is best when served immediately after making it. However, you can prepare the dressing and candied pepper bacon ahead of time and store them separately in the fridge. Simply toss the salad together right before serving.

What other toppings can I add to this spinach salad?

In addition to the candied pepper bacon, red onion, and goat cheese, you can also add other toppings such as dried cranberries, sliced apples, or toasted nuts for added texture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
Replies
Views
merego