• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spiderman Birthday Cake Help Please

In summary, DS will be 6 next month and wants a Spiderman birthday cake. He said he wants me to buy it at Publix so I don't have to work so hard.....such a sweetheart! Well, I really like making his birthday cakes - only problem is, I really don't like the Wilton Spiderman cakepan. I was looking at the coolest cakes website and there are a fewthere that I like and could probably copy, but I want something diferent. Any ideas?
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
DS will be 6 next month and wants a Spiderman birthday cake. He said he wants me to buy it at Publix so I don't have to work so hard.....such a sweetheart! Well, I really like making his birthday cakes - only problem is, I really don't like the Wilton Spiderman cakepan. I was looking at the coolest cakes website and there are a fewthere that I like and could probably copy, but I want something diferent. Any ideas?

Also, I want to minimize the amount of RED icing and BLACK icing that I need to use.....for several reasons ;)

Any ideas? Anyone seen or made anything really good?

Could you make a cake with a building on it, or a wall and get a Spiderman figure to put on the side of the wall? Maybe even do a street scene?

I hope that helps. Good luck.

I was thinking abuot something like that.

Any more creativity floating around here?

DS 2nd B-Day CakeThis is the one that I did. It is the Wilton pan. I used a buttercream frosting - and it wouldn't tint dark red or blue. Instead of continuing to add more and more food coloring, I sprinkled colored sugar on it. I think it turned out ok, not my favorite one that I have done though. I also ordered spiderman spider candy and put them on web decorated cupcakes.

You could also try making a spiderman head. Do 2 batterbowl cakes and stack them and carve it a little to look head shaped. This was my plan for this year - DS turns 4 and is still obsessed, but convinced him to do Transformers instead. Now I have to find a good transformers cake.

Attachments

• dad's camera 052 smaller2.jpg
    dad's camera 052 smaller2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 276
Sorry Linda - I only know of Wilton cake pans. I made the twins cake for their 2nd bday this past September and did Elmo. It turned out really cute and was super easy!

I do like the idea of a picture of a building with SpiderMan climbing on the building. You could use the rectangular baker for the cake.

Sort of hijacking. Here are some of the other ones that I have done in the past few years. The big game board is from the movie Zathura.

I'd love to see some of the cakes that you guys have done.

DSC_9311s.jpg

PB120022s.jpg

DSC_2632s.jpg

DSC_0618 s-.jpg

I am in the same boat with my almost 6yo and a Spidey cake for his Feb birthday -- now he is leaning toward Star Wars...but the Star Wars cake pans go for upward of $65 online :(

Check your local rental places - some of them actually rent cake pans.

Niki, those cakes are just TOO COOL!Wow - Linda, you should just hire Niki to come to your house and put a cake together. :D

fikibiff said:
This is the one that I did. It is the Wilton pan. I used a buttercream frosting - and it wouldn't tint dark red or blue. Instead of continuing to add more and more food coloring, I sprinkled colored sugar on it. I think it turned out ok, not my favorite one that I have done though. I also ordered spiderman spider candy and put them on web decorated cupcakes.

You could also try making a spiderman head. Do 2 batterbowl cakes and stack them and carve it a little to look head shaped. This was my plan for this year - DS turns 4 and is still obsessed, but convinced him to do Transformers instead. Now I have to find a good transformers cake.
The colored sugar is a good idea, hadn't thought of that.

The thing I don't like about this pan is that it makes Spidey's hand look like he's flipping a bird.....

Great cakes Niki!

We had a thread a while back that had a lot of our cakes in it. Don't remember the title of it, but Carolyn was the originator of it. I'll see if I can find it and link it in here. We have some very creative cheffers here - that's whay I thought you all could help me on this one.

I did a Spiderman cake once, but I used the pan. I know that one of the Wilton books that I have, has a cake where you make some buildings with Color flow icing and then put a Spiderman candle in the middle. I will see if I can find it.

Okay, I found it. It is in the 2005 Wilton Yearbook. Looks like it has a 12-inch round base and it is made like a street with little cars made out of gumdrops. Then there are 2 6-inch round cakes stacked in the middle to be 5-inch high. There are a bunch of buildings with the color flow (you can just draw out some patterns and fill it in with the icing) around the cakes. Finally, there is a Spiderman candle on top. Let me know if you want more details. It really doesn't look that hard, the hard part is making the buildings with the color flow, which is not that bad. You just have to make extras in case you break some.

Mary - do you have a picture? if no, I'll see if I can find it on the Wilton website.

pamperedlinda said:
Great cakes Niki!

We had a thread a while back that had a lot of our cakes in it. Don't remember the title of it, but Carolyn was the originator of it. I'll see if I can find it and link it in here. We have some very creative cheffers here - that's whay I thought you all could help me on this one.
Here's the thread Niki

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/baking-today-25789/

WOW - just checked out that other cake thread and those cakes are awesome!!!

I wasn't able to make a cake for my twins 1st bday but I did make an ELMO cake for them this year.

I can't figure out how to post a picture of the cake on here.

OKAY - I figured it out - so here are the pictures of the ELMO cake I did for my twins 2nd bday.

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL817/1812558/17980635/298009103.jpg

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL817/1812558/17980635/298009112.jpg

1. How do I make a Spiderman birthday cake?

To make a Spiderman birthday cake, you will need to bake a cake in the shape of a rectangle or square. Then, using red and blue frosting, create a spider web design on the top of the cake. You can also use black frosting to make the outline of Spiderman's mask. Finish by adding a plastic Spiderman figurine on top.

2. What ingredients do I need to make a Spiderman birthday cake?

You will need cake mix, eggs, oil, water, red and blue food coloring, black food coloring, frosting, and a plastic Spiderman figurine. You can also add sprinkles or other decorations to customize your cake.

3. Can I make a Spiderman birthday cake without food coloring?

Yes, you can make a Spiderman birthday cake without food coloring. Instead, you can use natural ingredients such as beet juice for red coloring and blueberry juice for blue coloring. Alternatively, you can use pre-colored fondant to decorate your cake.

4. How far in advance can I make a Spiderman birthday cake?

We recommend making your Spiderman birthday cake the day before or the morning of the party. This will ensure that the cake stays fresh and the frosting does not smudge or melt. You can also make the cake layers in advance and freeze them, then decorate the day before the party.

5. Can I use a different type of cake for a Spiderman birthday cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake for a Spiderman birthday cake. However, a sturdy cake such as vanilla or chocolate will hold up better for decorating. You can also use a cake mix or make a homemade recipe. Just make sure the cake is completely cooled before decorating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
  • elizabethfox