• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unboxing the Spice Turn About: My Honest Review and Why I Need Another One

In summary, the author is unhappy with their STA because it doesn't fit all of their spices. They would love another one.
nikked
Gold Member
Just got mine out of the box...:love:LOVE IT:love:...but have one complaint...

I NEED ANOTHER ONE!

Ha ha! I had my own show ... ordered one for myself and one for a customer.Customer's came just fine.Mine was a Tool Turn About.So .... HO immediately sent another one, and told me to keep the TTA!I had a white one for my stuff (it matches my kitchen better) but am debating whether I have room for a second turn about ...

I have so many TTAs (white AND black), it's not even funny. I have very little drawer space in my kitchen, but TONS of counter/cupboard space, so they really come in handy!

I love that the STA fits in my cupboard but is easy to take out...a second one will really make my spice cupboard look nice!

OK ... got my spice TTA out ... it had been all alone all day!

My cupboard USED to be served by two "lazy susans" that fit nicely in the cupboard above my stove.

Well ... I got it out and found that only so many spices fit in it ... PC spices were just fine ... but the dollar store spices like basil wouldn't fit. (Finally found a place for them at the top.) Also found that the McCormick spices fit in the bottom, and the Mrs. Dash would fit ... as long as they were upside down!

So yeah, a second one would be nice ... meanwhile, I may switch places with the spice TTA and the lazy susan since the Spice TTA does not turn about in my cupboard but the Lazy Susan did. It's just a leeeettle bit larger!

I don't sell them. I don't even bring them to my shows... I feel like it's one of the PC products I can't use since my Penzy's spices don't fit. I am new at this, and every time I have a disappointed customer, or a negative word said by customers in front of other potential customers, I'm crushed. I don't have a positive experience with my STA, so I am afraid to share it with others. I know not everyone has 100 Penzy's spices, but I think almost everyone I talk to has some, or some other different sized bottles. Even the good stuff from the supermarket doesn't fit. Just my two cents though, I'm glad to hear that it is working for others!

Hmmm, must be my neck of the woods, but I have never heard of Penzy spices. I've heard of Watkins and I think they come in square, so they would not fit.

BUT I LOVE my STA. My DH was making fun of me because I told him my spice turn about fit in my cabinet with all the spices AND still turned! He says...really, your spice turn about will hold spices AND turns! AMAZING!! LOL! Smart-elic :) I meant I was thrilled that it would turn in the cabinet. Now I need another too for the rest of them :)

Good to know about the upside down spice as well. Thanks!

magentablue said:
I don't sell them. I don't even bring them to my shows... I feel like it's one of the PC products I can't use since my Penzy's spices don't fit. I am new at this, and every time I have a disappointed customer, or a negative word said by customers in front of other potential customers, I'm crushed. I don't have a positive experience with my STA, so I am afraid to share it with others. I know not everyone has 100 Penzy's spices, but I think almost everyone I talk to has some, or some other different sized bottles. Even the good stuff from the supermarket doesn't fit. Just my two cents though, I'm glad to hear that it is working for others!
Interesting - I've heard of Penzey, but I don't own any...and I honestly don't know anyone else who does either. I've never had anyone ask me if their Penzey spices will fit, although I've had many people haul out other spice bottles to see if they fit - and almost always they do. I have spices that fit, and spices that don't - but I have WAY more spices and herbs, and spice blends then will fit in a STA anyway...so the ones that fit go in there, and the ones that don't, don't. It's no big deal...and I'm not sure why it would be so devastating that you can't sell it. Take it to shows with your PC spices, sprinkles, and rubs in it - you wouldn't (or shouldn't) be taking it full of Penzey spices anyway. Let people see and decide for themselves. I don't LOVE everything that I sell, but I've learned that even if I don't love it, it may be someone else's very favorite product. (like the pot drainer. I really don't like that - but I sell them, because other people love it.) Don't make up other people's minds for them. ;)Also - you need to realize that kitchen tools are personal - if you continue to be crushed every time there is a negative comment about a product, soon you won't be selling anything. Everyone has their favorites, and everyone has things they don't like. A product that you might love and rave about is the very same product that someone at a show is sure to say "I hate that thing - I used it twice and then sold it at a garage sale". It's going to happen - often. :)

Well, said, Becky D! Just like at the grocery store you don't love every item they sell, so to in the PC catalog!

And I am one that has never heard of Penzey, although looking at their site, I am definitely interested in some of their items...I've ordered a catalog (I prefer to actually TURN my pages, not look on-line)...:)

And I adore my STA!!!!

Just had a thought for an alternate use...would the STA hold crafting paints? or maybe glitter jars? I'm not really a crafter, but I use 2 of my TTAs for crayons, markers, etc., for the kids...

nikked said:
Just had a thought for an alternate use...would the STA hold crafting paints? or maybe glitter jars? I'm not really a crafter, but I use 2 of my TTAs for crayons, markers, etc., for the kids...

OOH..good idea..I am not one either..but I bet it would be a great size for something like that.

BeckyD, good way to put it.For those of you interested in Penzey's (or Penzy? I'm too lazy to walk to the cupboard right now) they also have physical stores, where you can smell everything, even the 3-5 kinds of paprika....etc.... But the catalog is a real gem, even if you never get any of their spices, it is a wealth of info about spices, cooking tips, and recipes. I subscribe to their catalog...I use their spices, and I love my PC stuff, too!

BlueMoon said:
BeckyD, good way to put it.

For those of you interested in Penzey's (or Penzy? I'm too lazy to walk to the cupboard right now) they also have physical stores, where you can smell everything, even the 3-5 kinds of paprika....etc....

But the catalog is a real gem, even if you never get any of their spices, it is a wealth of info about spices, cooking tips, and recipes. I subscribe to their catalog...I use their spices, and I love my PC stuff, too!

I heart Penzeys! It's like a candy store to my husband and I! :love:

The small acrylic paint bottles DO fit in it. I have a lot for my daughter and am considering getting one for her pain supplies. Just wish it had the middle of the tta so she'd have room for her paint and then brushes :). I too love the STA and also have spices that won't fit. I have some that will only fit on top. It's full so some were going to have to sit out of the spinning party anyway.

My business is young, and I have not ventured beyond my friend's and family's circles. If they know me, they know Penzey's, lol! Just seems like we're all addicted. I got a crate of spices for a bridal shower gift, plus mom usually gets me spices for gifts here and there. I've got quite a collection, and prior to becoming a PC rep, I gave quite a few Penzy spices as gifts!

I've never heard of Penzy's either - is it a regional thing? What's so special about them?

I actually tell people at my shows to tell me if there is a product that they don't like and why - I tell them that quite possibly I can change their mind about it ;) and usually someone at the show jumps all over them for 'dissing' their favorite - it's kind of funny actually.

I don't love every product that we sell either. I don't advertise it, but if someone asks me my opinion about it I tell them - I've even had customers jump all over me for not liking one of their faves.

pamperedlinda said:
I've never heard of Penzy's either - is it a regional thing? What's so special about them?

I couldn't put into words why I love their spices so much, but here's a good review on the matter:
Penzeys Spices : Review and Coupon

In fairness, I haven't been a consultant long enough to fairly judge PC's spices vs. Penzeys. I have tried the buffalo rub and the moroccan rub from PC and didn't love either (but that's subjective). I've tried some spice blends from Penzeys that I didn't love either, but my overall opinion of their spices is that they're top rate.

I am putting together a supply order though, and will be trying more PC spices. I thought PC's cinnamon compares well to Penzey's. I'd love to compare PC's vanilla to my double vanilla from Penzey's. I love that stuff! I hope I'll enjoy PC's as much!!!

What is the Spice Turn About and how does it work?

The Spice Turn About is a rotating organizer designed to hold and display up to 20 different spices. It features adjustable shelves and a compact design that makes it perfect for any kitchen. To use, simply load your spices onto the shelves and turn the knob to rotate and access the spices you need.

What are the benefits of using the Spice Turn About?

The Spice Turn About is a convenient and space-saving solution for organizing your spices. It allows you to easily see and access all of your spices, eliminating the need to search through cluttered cabinets or drawers. It also helps to keep your spices fresh and easily identifiable.

Is the Spice Turn About durable and easy to clean?

Yes, the Spice Turn About is made of high-quality materials and is built to last. The shelves are also removable and dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean and maintain.

How many spices can the Spice Turn About hold?

The Spice Turn About can hold up to 20 different spices, depending on the size of the containers. It is compatible with most standard spice containers, including round and square jars.

Do I really need another Spice Turn About if I already have one?

While one Spice Turn About may be enough for some people, many customers find that they need multiple organizers to accommodate their growing spice collection. Having multiple Spice Turn Abouts also allows for more efficient organization and easy access to a wider variety of spices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• duffspckitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
duffspckitchen
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Manda2831