• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Agree With Some Advertisements

larger bottles of spices fit in the bottom section. My regular-sized bottles all fit in the top or bottom.
ms_twana
Okay, I know I'm new to this, but there are a couple of products that have an advertisement that I'm not sure I agree with.

1. Stoneware - we say whatever is done on the bottom is done on the top, but is that really the case since, for example, pancakes brown on the bottom, but not the top?

2. Spice Turn-About - we say compartments fit most national brands, but only two of mine fit in the bottom section.

3. Silicone Basting Brush - we say it's odor-resistant, but I have YET to get the garlic smell out of it.

So, I'm I just doing something wrong with the stoneware and the Basting Brush? Or do I just so happen to have the larger bottles of seasoning, that's why they won't fit in the bottom section?

I would LOVE to know how to get the garlic smell out of my brush though.

1. I think with pancakes, that's a given that it's not done on the top when it's done on the bottom. But with everything I've made in the oven I've found it to be true that if it's done on one side, it's done on both.

2. Most national brands. Maybe you're one of the "unmost" that buys a different brand than "most" people.

3. Not sure about this, mine has been through garlic more than anything else and it doesn't smell at all.

ms_twana said:
Okay, I know I'm new to this, but there are a couple of products that have an advertisement that I'm not sure I agree with.

1. Stoneware - we say whatever is done on the bottom is done on the top, but is that really the case since, for example, pancakes brown on the bottom, but not the top? The pancakes are done though, it just that they brown more when that part is in contact with the stone. I've had dishes before that require a crust on the top and bottom but the bottom was never cooked by the time the top was brown. That never happens with stoneware.

2. Spice Turn-About - we say compartments fit most national brands, but only two of mine fit in the bottom section. Your larger ones you want to put on the top anyway. All the ones I tried either fit in the top or bottom.

3. Silicone Basting Brush - we say it's odor-resistant, but I have YET to get the garlic smell out of it. Guess I've never used garlic with it!

So, I'm I just doing something wrong with the stoneware and the Basting Brush? Or do I just so happen to have the larger bottles of seasoning, that's why they won't fit in the bottom section?

I would LOVE to know how to get the garlic smell out of my brush though.

My answers in red

Thanks. Okay, so that's just the case with pancakes. I did notice that the top of my pizza crust browned just like the bottom. I guess I just have irregular shaped seasoning bottles, IDK. LOL. And yeah, my brush still smells like garlic. It's annoying.

Do you take the red part off the handle when you wash it? Do you use a dishwasher or wash by hand? I'm not sure why your brush smells even after being washed. LOL

The purpose of saying things are done on the bottom and top is to point out that when using the stone you won't get a burnt on the bottom batch of cookies like often happens with a cookie sheet.

No where does it say that all brands of spices will fit in both the bottom and the top.

I don't have a problem with the silicone basting brush retaining odors - did you put it through the dishwasher? Try soaking it in a baking soda and water solution or lemon juice.

ShelbyMichalek said:
Do you take the red part off the handle when you wash it? Do you use a dishwasher or wash by hand? I'm not sure why your brush smells even after being washed. LOL

I wash it by hand. I didn't realize I could take the red part off. I'll try that.

BethCooks4U said:
The purpose of saying things are done on the bottom and top is to point out that when using the stone you won't get a burnt on the bottom batch of cookies like often happens with a cookie sheet.

No where does it say that all brands of spices will fit in both the bottom and the top.

I don't have a problem with the silicone basting brush retaining odors - did you put it through the dishwasher? Try soaking it in a baking soda and water solution or lemon juice.

"Compartments perfectly fit our bottles and most national brands." Quoted directly from the catalog. I just thought it was odd that only 2 of my bottles fit in the bottom compartments, and they're not the large bottles either.

I'll try the baking soda/lemon juice soak.

I love my silicone basting brush, but I also find that mine retains the garlic odor (from when I add pressed garlic to oil and brush it on pizza crust.) And also here's an interesting thing that happened this summer...my family always melts butter and uses a brush to put it on corn on the cob. Well, my mom would do that and we'd use the silicone basting brush (yeah! no more bristles from other brand brushes getting confused with silks from the corn! lol) But...I swear every bite of my corn tasted like dish soap. I know they were recently cleaned in her dishwasher. I even took one and hand washed it and made sure the butter was a brand new stick and melted in a clean glass prep bowl. I don't know what the deal was, but it happened every time we ate corn! I'll have to try the baking soda/lemon juice soak idea as well. :)

ShelbyMichalek said:

ONLY the BBQ basting brush should come apart! Not the one that comes in the kit.

etteluap70PC said:
ONLY the BBQ basting brush should come apart! Not the one that comes in the kit.

Actually you take off the red brush part of the basting brush. That is one of its features :)

babywings76 said:
I love my silicone basting brush, but I also find that mine retains the garlic odor (from when I add pressed garlic to oil and brush it on pizza crust.)

That's EXACTLY how I used mine. I just opened up my dishwasher to get it out, and I smelled garlic as soon as I opened it. UGH!!!

you learn something new every day! From the use and care:Wash prior to first use; dishwasher-safe. Place in utensil holder of dishwasher, or hand wash in warm, soapy water. Towel or air-dry completely. If necessary, remove head from handle by grasping handle and gently pulling base of head (do not pull on bristles). To reassemble, grasp handle and push head back onto handle.

DebbieJ said:
you learn something new every day! From the use and care:

Wash prior to first use; dishwasher-safe. Place in utensil holder of dishwasher, or hand wash in warm, soapy water. Towel or air-dry completely. If necessary, remove head from handle by grasping handle and gently pulling base of head (do not pull on bristles). To reassemble, grasp handle and push head back onto handle.

I didn't know that one came apart either! Thanks for posting Deb.

I did not know this either. Thanks!

It comes apart but I always put it in the dishwasher with the bristles down, never had a problem. As far as the seasonings it says it fits most but if it doesn't fit in the bottom, it should fit in the top!

My director or someone in my cluster told us at her last meeting, that they had someone buy the turnaround and then return it because none of her spices fit. It fits most brands, but not all. I know my Mrs. Dash won't fit. But my large Lawry's fits and all the McCormick and generic store brand ones fit.

My Mrs Dash fits in the top

I love the spice turn about and filled it immediately with all my PC and non PC spices and such. I have one that fits but not well and the Oregano I had wouldn't fit in either but rest did. I even bring it to my shows with all my gasp...:eek:;) non PC stuff to show it fits other things. One of my tastefully simple items fits in top one nicely too.

DebbieJ said:
you learn something new every day! From the use and care:

Wash prior to first use; dishwasher-safe. Place in utensil holder of dishwasher, or hand wash in warm, soapy water. Towel or air-dry completely. If necessary, remove head from handle by grasping handle and gently pulling base of head (do not pull on bristles). To reassemble, grasp handle and push head back onto handle.

hmmm.. guess I was wrong... but an interesting tip... I also always wash mine bristles down. Get's much cleaner!

i lay mine on top rack of dw

For garlic and onion smell on my hand, i rub my hand on the side of my SS sink under running water. The SS reacts with the smell (don't ask me why) and takes the smell off. So i would rub the bristles on the side of the SS sink under running water. Maybe it will work.

I tried the watkins seasonings and the tastefully simple seasonings and they do fit on the spice turn about. I tried this at a fair we were doing a couple weeks ago. Actually those containers are the same exact as ours. I do not buy any 'common' spices from the store so i haven't tried those. I buy bulk spices and refilling my own containers, as well as i use some PC spices too. my containers are square, so they will not fit the STA.

One thing I LOVE about the spice turn about...I now have a place to keep my oil spritzer!!!It fits in the bottom row nicely. Before, I would find it in the pantry, in the spice cabinet, in the cabinet above the stove, on the counter next to the stove, you name it depending on whose turn it was to clean the kitchen. I now have a place devoted to it!!

shelly.nurse said:
One thing I LOVE about the spice turn about...

I now have a place to keep my oil spritzer!!!

It fits in the bottom row nicely. Before, I would find it in the pantry, in the spice cabinet, in the cabinet above the stove, on the counter next to the stove, you name it depending on whose turn it was to clean the kitchen. I now have a place devoted to it!!

oh, how cool is that!!! I love it!

My other spices don't fit perfectly, some fit sorta....but I've never ever had a spice rack that fit all my weird collection. I love the turnabout. Tawna, I understand your concern, though. Do you have it yet? If you do, folks can check it out at your shows. If not, point out that it's designed for our spices, and many others will fit, but perhaps not perfectly.

I, too, make a point of bringing my STA with non-PC spices to visually show that common brands available here will fit. I mix PX and non-PC in mine.

I wish my Penzy's spices fit... I have a whole cabinet devoted to Penzy's spices, and no good way to store them!

magentablue said:
I wish my Penzy's spices fit... I have a whole cabinet devoted to Penzy's spices, and no good way to store them!

Love Penzy's. and I have no good way to store em. Even if they fit in the turnabout I'd need more than one!!!! lol

shelly.nurse said:
One thing I LOVE about the spice turn about...

I now have a place to keep my oil spritzer!!!

It fits in the bottom row nicely. Before, I would find it in the pantry, in the spice cabinet, in the cabinet above the stove, on the counter next to the stove, you name it depending on whose turn it was to clean the kitchen. I now have a place devoted to it!!

I discovered that first thing when I was filling mine. My MIL was impressed that DH could find our almond extract easily. I told her it's in the spice turn about. Some of those size bottles fit in the bottom row also. Makes it nice because those were always the bottles that got knocked down and I could never see them up on the top shelf.

I found that the McCormick spices fit in the bottom. The Mrs. Dash would if I put them upside down. And the "dollar store" spices would fit in the top.

I wish the dipping spices would fit in it!

magentablue said:

never EVER have heard of Penzy's...looks AWESOME...thanks!

In addition to really good spices, Penzy's has the most amazing extracts. I love their orange and their almond. Of course, their vanilla can't compare to PC's. ;)

1. What is the truth behind the claim that "whatever is done on the bottom is done on the top" with Pampered Chef's stoneware?

While stoneware does offer even heat distribution, there are some exceptions to the rule. For example, pancakes tend to brown more on the bottom due to direct contact with the heat source. However, stoneware is still a great option for cooking as it provides more even cooking compared to other materials.

2. Does the Pampered Chef Spice Turn-About truly fit most national brands in its compartments?

The Spice Turn-About is designed to fit most standard-sized spice containers. However, there may be some larger or non-standard sized containers that may not fit in the bottom section. We recommend checking the size of your spice containers before purchasing the turn-about to ensure they will fit.

3. Is the Pampered Chef Silicone Basting Brush truly odor-resistant?

The silicone material of the basting brush is naturally odor-resistant, but it is possible for strong odors like garlic to linger. To remove the smell, we recommend soaking the brush in a mixture of warm water and baking soda for a few hours before washing it with soap and water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates