• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sore Feet - Random and Unpredictable - Seeking Relief

In summary, this conversation is about a recruiter's suggestion that new consultants submit a prep sheet before every coaching call. The discussion raises the question of whether or not prep sheets are necessary for inexperienced consultants, and whether or not they should be required of all consultants.
SKwong
My feet get sore regularly (feels like there is a lot of pressure and they are almost swollen), however, it seems completely random. I dont think it has to do with shoes or being on my feet since they often hurt when there is no reason. I think it could be hormonal because that's the only thing I can think of. I really wish I could get it to go away since clearly, IT HURTS! I could go to a doctor but I just have so little faith in them. I figured I'd ask around here first.

I have had pain in my feet a lot. I went to a regular doctor on one pain I had because it was soooo bad and he said it was just heel spurs.... It came and went.

Finally after the pain kept coming back I went to a podiatrist and he said it was Plantar Fasciitis (sp may be a little off now). I am tell you that when I had that pain it was enough to knock me down and it would make me sick to my stomach. The podiatrist tried different things until I had surgery on that foot last August.

I did a lot of reading about what I was diagnosed and saw the range of healing for it was pretty wide spread. Many people would be able to have it healed with exercise and/or shoe insoles. You need to get special ones for different problems. Search it online and I hope you get to feeling better.

SKwong said:
My feet get sore regularly (feels like there is a lot of pressure and they are almost swollen), however, it seems completely random. I dont think it has to do with shoes or being on my feet since they often hurt when there is no reason. I think it could be hormonal because that's the only thing I can think of. I really wish I could get it to go away since clearly, IT HURTS! I could go to a doctor but I just have so little faith in them. I figured I'd ask around here first.

I know this sounds really stupid but check your socks! I have a few pairs of socks that make my feet really sore even without shoes on. The pressure points on my feet like my heels and the ball of my foot get swollen. The are a rough knit. If I wear softer cotton socks I have no problems.

Another thing you could do is get some herbal or menthol foot rub. It wont prevent it but it will relive the discomfort

My best suggestion is the Dr Scholls 'blue gel' heel cups. They don't 'look like much' but are really great shock absorbers. They also make a shoe inserts of the same material but I prefer the heel cups.

I have a history of plantar fasciaitis, and have wide feet...plus I'm overweight. Top that off with being a Civil War reenactor (wearing old fashioned boots, out in the wilds sometimes) some weekends, my feet are now comfy ALL the time.

Worth a try, for a low cost investment :)

Coaching Calls... require a Prep Sheet?First a tad bit of background... my recruiter/Director has trained me to require a Coaching Call Prep Sheet be filled out prior to every consultant coaching call. If they don't send it, they don't get a call. The idea behind it is that I am committing my time to them, and they are supposedly committing their time to me, so I need to make the most of it for them by addressing their particular needs for that call. It also, of course, gives them some accountability/responsibility.

I offer my team coaching calls weekly and I set them up with new consultants as a given or something you "just do". However, I'm having some difficulty with this. Consultants not sending the prep sheets, not answering the phone when I call, etc. :( As far as the prep sheets, I'm a little more lax with the newbies because they need the call no matter what, but I'm thinking I may need to quit requiring this at all...

Any thoughts? How do ya'll handle your coaching calls? I do plan to start a monthly training teleconference call -an idea that I got from New Director's Academy last weekend... Thanks!

I have been doing coaching calls with my ED for a couple of years, and I have been trying to do them with my team for the same amount of time. I have one in 15 minutes. I think the prep sheet is important, especially with "seasoned" consultants. We also have the consultant call at the appt time. Yes most people forget, don't follow through, or just don't schedule them, but then you know their level of commitment. Some people just feel like they don't need it, others just don't care. I keep offering, and doing my calls with my ED and I know that my consultants that are consistant with calls with me are the ones that get my time.

I personally hated the prep sheet as a consultant. I felt like I was in school and found in impersonal in general. I finally told my director that and she, bless her, said okay, I'll do what works for you.

For the last year I simply share with her where I am at, pluses and frustrations. We also brainstorm solutions together and will call each other at random to share good news (PC related and not). She is still my number one coach, but is now a cherished friend as well.

What is the prep sheet?

legacypc46 said:
I personally hated the prep sheet as a consultant. I felt like I was in school and found in impersonal in general. I finally told my director that and she, bless her, said okay, I'll do what works for you.

For the last year I simply share with her where I am at, pluses and frustrations. We also brainstorm solutions together and will call each other at random to share good news (PC related and not). She is still my number one coach, but is now a cherished friend as well.

Thank you so much for that! I want to do what my consultants feel comfortable with, so it helps to hear that straight out. :)

cmdtrgd said:
What is the prep sheet?

The coaching call prep sheet is basically a series of questions that the consultant would answer to help us as their mentors figure out how to best address their needs for the call. I'd be happy to e-mail it to you if you PM me with your address... It's definitely a good tool, it's just how to use it that I'm struggling with. :)

I think it could be a good thing, but maybe it needs to be specific to the individual or even specific to the last training call....almost like a "rate yourself" or "what do you want to talk about" thing.

Oh, and maybe only require it for the call to happen if/when you have been stood up once before by a specific consultant?

This is the prep sheet I use...

Coaching Call Preparation Sheet
Please complete this sheet and email it back to me at(my email addy) at least one hour before your set call time.

My Greatest accomplishments since our last call:

What I am most grateful for/proud of this past week:

What I wanted to get done but didn’t:

The challenges/problems I am facing now:

The opportunities available to me this week:

What I would like to discuss during my coaching call:

We will complete this last section during our call

What I am committed to doing by our next call:

I think it really helps keep the calls on track. And gets the consultant thinking about what they would really like help with.

ShanaSmith said:
This is the prep sheet I use...

Coaching Call Preparation Sheet
Please complete this sheet and email it back to me at(my email addy) at least one hour before your set call time.

My Greatest accomplishments since our last call:

What I am most grateful for/proud of this past week:

What I wanted to get done but didn’t:

The challenges/problems I am facing now:

The opportunities available to me this week:

What I would like to discuss during my coaching call:

We will complete this last section during our call

What I am committed to doing by our next call:

I think it really helps keep the calls on track. And gets the consultant thinking about what they would really like help with.

Shana,

Thank you for that! Do you require your consultants to send it, though? Like, "no sheet, no call" policy?

Okay, now that I've seen it, it seems like a "whatchado" sheet. This is something I would offer as a suggestion to people I am coaching so I get the info from them before the call instead of wasting time during the call. I would not require it of them unless they aren't ever ready for the call...almost like an exercise. Then, once they have shown a change in behavior, we could slack off and see how that works.

cmdtrgd said:
Okay, now that I've seen it, it seems like a "whatchado" sheet. This is something I would offer as a suggestion to people I am coaching so I get the info from them before the call instead of wasting time during the call. I would not require it of them unless they aren't ever ready for the call...almost like an exercise. Then, once they have shown a change in behavior, we could slack off and see how that works.

Awesome thoughts. Thanks!! :)

my ED does require it before your call. I don't so much require it as strongly recommend it. It is so hard to get consultants to commit to coaching calls that I would never tell someone we couldn't do a call because they didn't have the form done. I also like that it makes people look at what is working well, not just what they need help with.

Those are all things I ASK the consultant during our coaching calls. They are straight from the Leadership Handbook and Guide to Supporting New Consultants. I'm with Kris on this--feels too much like a teacher/student thing than a team thing.

There is a sheet called "Critique Your Week" which I find helpful with some consultants. I go through it with them a few times and then ask them to do it on their own...

DebbieJ said:
Those are all things I ASK the consultant during our coaching calls. They are straight from the Leadership Handbook and Guide to Supporting New Consultants.

I'm with Kris on this--feels too much like a teacher/student thing than a team thing.

Thanks for that... just needed another opinion besides my Director's...

Related to Sore Feet - Random and Unpredictable - Seeking Relief

1. How can I prevent sore feet while standing for long periods of time?

To prevent sore feet while standing for long periods of time, it is important to wear comfortable and supportive shoes. Look for shoes with good arch support and cushioning. You can also try using gel insoles or compression socks to help alleviate pressure on your feet. Additionally, taking frequent breaks to sit down and stretch your feet can also help prevent soreness.

2. What are some home remedies for relieving sore feet?

Some home remedies for relieving sore feet include soaking your feet in warm water with Epsom salt, using a foot roller or massage ball to massage your feet, and applying a cold compress to reduce inflammation. You can also try elevating your feet above your heart to improve circulation and reduce swelling.

3. Can wearing the wrong shoes cause sore feet?

Yes, wearing the wrong shoes can definitely cause sore feet. Shoes that are too tight or have little to no arch support can put unnecessary pressure on your feet, leading to soreness and discomfort. It is important to wear shoes that fit well and provide adequate support for your feet.

4. Are there any exercises that can help with sore feet?

Yes, there are several exercises that can help relieve sore feet. Some examples include toe curls, foot stretches, and calf raises. These exercises can help strengthen the muscles in your feet and improve flexibility, reducing the likelihood of developing soreness.

5. What are some lifestyle changes that can help with chronic sore feet?

If you experience chronic sore feet, it may be helpful to make some lifestyle changes to alleviate the discomfort. These can include maintaining a healthy weight, avoiding high heels or uncomfortable shoes, and incorporating low-impact exercises into your routine. It is also important to listen to your body and take breaks when needed to rest and stretch your feet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies