• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Something I Learned in 2010 About Pampered Chef...

In summary, the black plastic covers of the Forged Cutlery come apart for cleaning. Sure makes my life easier. I also learned that PC gift certificates can ONLY be redeemed on the Full Price Main Website - even though you can shop the outlet with everything else, you can't purchase anything on the outlet with a GC.
gailz2
Gold Member
After reading the recent "Did You Know" post about catalog stickers, I thought this would be a good place for all of us to share any of those hints or tips, or head slapping "I should have known that" type of things.

One thing I learned in 2010 and was surprised to find out, was that the black plastic covers of the Forged Cutlery come apart for cleaning. Sure makes my life easier. Anyone have something else??

gailz2 said:
the black plastic covers of the Forged Cutlery come apart for cleaning. Sure makes my life easier.

I second that! I also learned that PC gift certificates can ONLY be redeemable on PC's main website. I just always assumed they could be
redeemed anytime...like at a show, individual order..etc.

I learned that if you use your medium/large scoop to fill your EAD, it makes life so much easier and I don't want to throw the thing across the room because of the mess I've made. Took almost 6 years and someone mentioned it at Conference this year and I had a definitely A-HA moment!!!

yankfan24 said:
I learned that if you use your medium/large scoop to fill your EAD, it makes life so much easier and I don't want to throw the thing across the room because of the mess I've made. Took almost 6 years and someone mentioned it at Conference this year and I had a definitely A-HA moment!!!

I learned that just a couple months ago on here!!

I learned that even part time people can earn the trips (still working on it... not sure but not giving up yet!).

Liquid Sky said:
I second that! I also learned that PC gift certificates can ONLY be redeemable on PC's main website. I just always assumed they could be
redeemed anytime...like at a show, individual order..etc.

And I learned that they can only be redeemed on the Full Price Main Website - even though you can shop the outlet with everything else, you can't purchase anything on the outlet with a GC.:thumbdown:

HAHA, after nine years of hosting shows, I learned that, anything over the FPV, is the earned percentage off! I always stuck within my free product value as a host...my buddy never told me if I went over a little that it would be discounted. That is HUGE!...at least to me that is! Now I tell all my hosts about it!

yankfan24 said:

I just learned that now and that will make my deviled eggs much easier!

yankfan24 said:

Didn't know that! Thanks for sharing - now I can say the small works w/the Mini muffin, large w/muffin and medium w/EAD!! Thank you!

I learned (and am continuing to learn) that this could actually be a full time job for me if things keep going as they are, that recruiting isn't as scary or pushy as I always thought it was - I could be really helping someone (learned that message at conference), and that I can make more money in one month doing 12 shows than I made working 40 hours per week at my "real" job!!!
Also that people are awesome, I have been so lucky to find the hostesses that I have had this past year! They have been so great and helped me to get better and better at doing this! And they continue to be great and host more shows for me!
This is my 2nd go around at being a PC consultant, the first time I have to say I failed miserably, I must be a different person this time around because success has been coming fast and furious (and here's to it continuing...I so want to quit the "real" job! :chef:)

tiggerhale said:
Didn't know that! Thanks for sharing - now I can say the small works w/the Mini muffin, large w/muffin and medium w/EAD!! Thank you!

I love the scoops--and they certainly do make the EAD a neater job.

I learned that this business WORKS for us! It's a business that you can count on and be thankful for. The fact that "our apron has 5 sizes" is the understatement of the year!

EAD - Easy Accent Decorator

ChefBeckyD said:
And I learned that they can only be redeemed on the Full Price Main Website - even though you can shop the outlet with everything else, you can't purchase anything on the outlet with a GC.:thumbdown:

Wow....see...didn't know that either until now. :thumbdown:

Did you know.... That when you use the food chopper and chop with the lid on, you can unscrew the clear collar from the white portion of the food chopper and use it as a cup to transfer what you have chopped to your bowl with ease!!! (This is easier done that typed*&#%!) Hope it makes sense! Love this thread!

ChefBeckyD said:

I did not know that!

CRuff said:
Did you know.... That when you use the food chopper and chop with the lid on, you can unscrew the clear collar from the white portion of the food chopper and use it as a cup to transfer what you have chopped to your bowl with ease!!! (This is easier done that typed*&#%!) Hope it makes sense! Love this thread!

Makes perfect sense & I LOVE this tip - will be sharing it at my next show:sing::sing::sing: Thanks CRuff:balloon:

Cheers,
D.

That food chopper - taking the top off - is how they do it in many of our on-line training video's. I personally can't make it work easily.
Tips: hmmm...slice grapes with egg slicer plus. That has never come up when I demonstrate and ask what do you use this for besides eggs, (strawberries, mushrooms, kiwi, olives).
That there are no sides of the cookie sheet so that parchment can easily slide on and off as we are making loads of cookies this holiday season!
To quit calling the roasting pan a roasting pan. Put the rack in your cupboard and leave the pan on top of your stove - use it like a pan - for chili, for whatever you want - you'd be amazed at the uses.

I really wish we had a "like" button right about now..... great tips.

I learned a lot this year. Started my biz 10 months ago, and hit 15,000 in sales last month!!!! I love this job. It really has been a life saver for my family.

I learned how wonderful a company this it (I knew this before,but it really hit home for me this year!) and how it really can make your dreams come true. I was able to quit my full time job and stay home. All of the friends I have made and the peoples lives I have touched by being a leader. This is just to name a few, I could go on and on and on......

I learned that I am always better at theory and rehearsal than the real thing, that PC gives you tons of tools, and that HO really will make it E-A-S-Y for guests to return purchases within the first 30 days.-----and that PC consultants are generous loving people with an attitude of abundance. I've learned it's harder and more fun than I thought it would be

BlueMoon said:
I've learned it's harder and more fun than I thought it would be

totally! There's so many elements to what we do. It's a constant learning field for me. Just when I think it gets easier....it gets trickier. lol.

CRuff said:

After having a chopper for years and years I didn't know that til I saw it on a demo video once a year or so ago. DUH!!! Now I tell that everytime I demo it!!!

ChipLines said:
To quit calling the roasting pan a roasting pan. Put the rack in your cupboard and leave the pan on top of your stove - use it like a pan - for chili, for whatever you want - you'd be amazed at the uses.

You mean on top of the stove?!

I've learned countless things and learn a ton more everyday! I think this is one of my more loved threads since I am not as familiar with the products and everything I've read here has been new to me! Thanks peeps!

lindseystar said:
You mean on top of the stove?!

Yep, on top of the stove. Works wonderfully for lots of things. I make big batches of ground beef in there & then turn it into chili, sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce, etc...

crystalscookingnow said:
Yep, on top of the stove. Works wonderfully for lots of things. I make big batches of ground beef in there & then turn it into chili, sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce, etc...

I use it when canning and freezing also! I make BIG batches of salsa, and applesauce, and blanch veggies for freezing - it's great for so many things!

Oh - and for big batches of Caramel Corn! Make a double batch of the recipe in the front of the catalog! You can do it all in one pan!

I have learned so much..... I am now learning that if I open my mouth so that people know about me and Pampered Chef that my business will grow..... People can't book shows and order if they don't know you are in town.... Merry Christmas

ChefBeckyD said:
I use it when canning and freezing also! I make BIG batches of salsa, and applesauce, and blanch veggies for freezing - it's great for so many things!

Oh - and for big batches of Caramel Corn! Make a double batch of the recipe in the front of the catalog! You can do it all in one pan!

Absolutely!! I've also used it for ziploc omlets when we went on our canoe trip. Easier to fish them out of the flat pan than the tall 12 qt stockpot.

Yes, I've used it on the stove to boil large amounts of macaroni to make huge batches of mac & cheese - after draining, you can mix everything together right in the pan and then put it in the oven! I've also used it to make bouille for Christmas!

Careyann said:
I learned (and am continuing to learn) that this could actually be a full time job for me if things keep going as they are, that recruiting isn't as scary or pushy as I always thought it was - I could be really helping someone ...

I also learned that recruiting and building a team is not so hard or scary! I love doing 1-4 shows per month & getting paid way more than I would at any other part time job ... AND ... it's a whole lot more fun that any other part-time job I could work!!!

I also learned how easy it is to take my PC business with me! I went home from Japan to Texas in May & took my job with me! I did a couple of shows there, still made my quota for the month & didn't have to take vacation time or a cut in pay. :D This summer when the military moved us from Okinawa, Japan to Tokyo, Japan I didn't have to break out the want ads or fill out applications or interview for a new job!!!

I learned how much fun it can be to lead a team and how great the overrides can be! ;)

ChefBeckyD said:

Totally didn't know that!!

I have learned if I ever have a super techy P3 question to call the tech guys. After two computer crashes, they were able to fix the "red dots" on unsubmitted shows that had been submitted.

I have also learned that the DCB is an awesome tool in the kitchen! Anytime someone orders one, I also give them the wonderful DCB recipe book that is on CS.

Not a product tip, but a lady shared with me at the last show that when you clean your oven the old fashion way using "easy off" it works better if you put saran wrap over the cleaner after you spray it on. The spray stays wet and works better. Pull the wrap off after the waiting time and wipe it down with a sponge. All the gunk comes off. Personally I haven't done this, but will doing it with the racks for my oven as those should not go thru the cleaning cycle of my self clean oven!

Another thing I learned this year was not to "pre-judge" how well/not well a show was going to turn out. I had a few shows this year that I thought probably wouldn't have enough orders to qualify as a show--and they turned out to be above average shows!

1. How do I clean the black plastic covers of the Forged Cutlery?

You can separate the black plastic covers of the Forged Cutlery for easy cleaning. Simply pull the handle and blade apart and wash them separately.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef products in the oven?

Yes, most Pampered Chef products are oven-safe. However, be sure to check the specific product's instructions before using it in the oven.

3. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a consultant, you can visit the Pampered Chef website and click on "Join Us" to fill out an application. You can also reach out to a current consultant for more information and guidance.

4. Are Pampered Chef products dishwasher safe?

Most Pampered Chef products are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the specific product's instructions before putting it in the dishwasher.

5. Can I host a Pampered Chef party online?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the option to host virtual parties online. You can contact a consultant to set up a virtual party and earn rewards for hosting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
AmandaKeyser
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Jules711