• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soI Am Reading My New Consulant News

In summary, the expert believes that if you do a month of bridal showers you can make a lot of money like the person in New Jersey who is making a lot of money selling Pampered Chef products. They also believe that if you are constantly challenged and try not to compare yourself to others, you will be successful.
merego
and thinking to myself... How in the heck does one have $36,216.10 in sales???
I think that is awesome, don't get me wrong, but what is his secret? How many parties would you have to do to?? Even Jillian ( who I adore) is at $15,633.05, some are at $10,000,again, what is the secret????
Then, the newest executive director whose career sales are over 1.1 mil, WOW... how cool is that??? She has been doing this since 1991, but still amazing. So I am still wondering, what is the secret?? What could I or could we be doing to be that successful? I can't get bookings, let alone recruits. I am not sure if reading this every month makes me more motivated or more depressed and wanting to give up:cry:

I think UBER fundraisers are the key! :)

I did one fundraiser and it didn't do so great, they are doing another one in the fall and I am told it is going to be SUPERB, but I am not holding my breath. I will be no where near the $36K range, EVER!! Maybe that is my problem, negative thinking???

merego said:
I did one fundraiser and it didn't do so great, they are doing another one in the fall and I am told it is going to be SUPERB, but I am not holding my breath. I will be no where near the $36K range, EVER!! Maybe that is my problem, negative thinking???

Well snap out of it woman! (did that help with the negative thinking my new BFF/sister?)

I bet if you did a MONTH of bridal showers you could get some moolah like that! :) Are these personal sales, or cluster sales?

These look like persoanl sales. Dude in New Jersey is making the cash selling Pampered Chef.. Good for him, just wish I could do it.

I think I need to get parties and people to book first~ ha ha :)

merego said:
These look like persoanl sales. Dude in New Jersey is making the cash selling Pampered Chef.. Good for him, just wish I could do it.

I think I need to get parties and people to book first~ ha ha :)[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm- you may be onto something there!

I have 3 parties, a fundraiser and a vendor fair in June, maybe June is my month???? I just can't get people to book and I have no idea why??

Well, let me ask you this- how do you approach bookings?

well... I have a booking tree I talk about, but I also use one of the specials in my demo and talk about the benefits of hosting a party. I also bring up looking in the back of the catalog to see on average wht they can get for free. My average party is $600, so my parties always do well, it is just the booking issue. I talked up the salad chopper in May for June bookings and had tons of sales, but not one person wanting to have a party to pay $10 plus free shipping, they were willing to pay $25, plus $4 in shipping?? HUH??
People tell me they enjoy and show, they are alot of fun and I do a great job, but no bookings :(

Yeah - that would be David Meenan. It's good to be challenged, but try not to compare yourself to him, since he is The #1 Top Seller in the company year after year.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah - that would be David Meenan. It's good to be challenged, but try not to compare yourself to him, since he is The #1 Top Seller in the company year after year.

I know, but I just want to know HOW???? How does he do it??

merego said:
well... I have a booking tree I talk about, but I also use one of the specials in my demo and talk about the benefits of hosting a party. I also bring up looking in the back of the catalog to see on average wht they can get for free. My average party is $600, so my parties always do well, it is just the booking issue. I talked up the salad chopper in May for June bookings and had tons of sales, but not one person wanting to have a party to pay $10 plus free shipping, they were willing to pay $25, plus $4 in shipping?? HUH??
People tell me they enjoy and show, they are alot of fun and I do a great job, but no bookings :(

Hmmm-Let me see if I can email you some attachments that might work. Also have you ever listened to Belinda Ellsworth's CD? I'm telling you- that's what started doing it for me. You could also ask your hosts if for training purposes if she'd be willing to tell you why she thinks no one booked. Once I started telling people that my current host could take advantage of the host specials for the next 6 months if anyone at the party booked a show off her show to hold within the next 6 months my bookings started to skyrocket.

I had always had decent booking numbers, but they really took off after that. I wish I could give you better guidance- but the bookings just came to me with little effort. Same with recruiting... but there were other things that did not come so easily...

I have been told her does more than 5 shows a week. Do the math... $1000 show X 25+ shows a month, plus outlet sales, plus individual orders, plus catalog shows.... he must WORK some hours to do those sales.... he puts the time in and it pays off. I am assuming he does not have children or other "mommy" obligations like a lot of us do.

I can't recruit to save my life either. I just started in March and I am not sure what I expected, but it wasn't this :(
I do tell them about the next 6 month hostess special and they all ooohhh and ahhhhh, then NADA :( Everyone has an excuse about why they don't want to have a party. I am so afraid of being pushy, but I kind of back off once they say no thanks, not a good time. I do not have that cd you are talking about.

send me yoru email address and I'll email you some things....

you have a new Lucy

PCJenni said:
I have been told her does more than 5 shows a week. Do the math... $1000 show X 25+ shows a month, plus outlet sales, plus individual orders, plus catalog shows.... he must WORK some hours to do those sales.... he puts the time in and it pays off. I am assuming he does not have children or other "mommy" obligations like a lot of us do.
David was Tom's direct recruit... I know exactly how David does it. LOL

Tom's career sales when he left PC were 1.6mil in 12 years time. I think he's still #2 in company all-time sales, behind Shan. ;)

merego said:
$36,216.10 in sales???
I think that is awesome, don't get me wrong, but what is his secret? How many parties would you have to do to??

When I was with PC, I noticed that the "great/amazing" show is $1000.... I think alot of times, consultants AIM for the $1000 mark and are completely satisfied with that number. When it hits around that $1000 mark, some consultants stop going after more orders.

Shows can have 25 - 30 people at EACH show. Sales can be MUCH higher if consultants learn to cross sell at each show. Every guest that isnt booking a show, should be doing a Catalog Party. Imagine if 10 guests from every party collected $150 in orders to turn in to you by the end of the month.

Follow up. Contact = $$$.
Call your guests a few weeks after they've been using the products and cross sell or follow up sell. Put those orders together to make catalog parties.

Each party does NOT have to only be $1000 in sales. Don't think that way. Think each party can be $3000-4000 in sales. Then, it's completely doable with EXCEPTIONAL host coaching, following up, and cross selling.

Also David is energetic, funny & someone told me he puts on a good show (I guess he used to work on Broadway).Don't beat yourself up, it's one step at a time. Take baby steps, and each time reach for more then it will start coming naturally and before you know it people will be asking you for your secret.

pamperedalf said:
Also David is energetic, funny & someone told me he puts on a good show (I guess he used to work on Broadway).

Don't beat yourself up, it's one step at a time. Take baby steps, and each time reach for more then it will start coming naturally and before you know it people will be asking you for your secret.
Yeah, there is a lady that is a member of our community here, and she said that David is "the dancing/singing chef! I guess he does something like a little performance at every show!
I've talked to him at conference and he's pretty nice. Same with Tom when he was with the company, I had talked to both of them.
He is also in New Jersey, or something like that and the area is known for spending more money. That the average in that area is a lot larger and people will easily throw down $100-$200 orders and more!

A friend of mine went to one of DM's parties just to "check out what all the buzz was about" - he creates a lot of excitement around his shows, people just WANT to be there because they want to see what all the hype is about. And, he delivers - she said he tap-danced on the cutting board, sang, etc.

One thing she did tell me is that he had absolutely NO time at checkout to talk to people - he just calculated their orders and handed them a receipt. He also told people that if they wanted to book with him, they had to ask him, as he had a 2 month waiting list and if they wanted a show they had to tell him that night to guarantee their date.

I think he creates a sense of urgency around bookings at the show, so people don't have a lot of time to think about it - they have fun and want to book a show, so they do.

I have personally been trying to follow that model - make sure people have fun and book 3-4 shows on the spot. I do checkout and try to speak to people a little (cross selling, asking about hosting), but I try to get all of that across during the show, too.

One of the best tips, I think, is to remember to focus on the TOOLS and not the recipe, and your sales will increase naturally.

HTH!

me, tap dancing on a cutting board would certainly be entertaining~ ha ha :)
If I sang and danced, they'd probably pay me to stop.. hmm... there is a thought!!
a waiting list, that is just amazing, I can't pay people to have a party!!

I need to do something because I thought I was doing a good/entertaining show, but no one books and obvioulsy there is a reason. I am not sure what I expected, but I am very discouraged. I know what my problem is, but am not sure how to fix it.

Re-analyze what you're doing - are you truly ASKING people to have a show? I realized early on that I wasn't really asking people - just suggesting that they have a show to get free stuff and expecting them to jump and say "YES!". Most people won't unless you ask them. Take some online training classes, too - they always help to jump-start me when I'm in a slump!

And, I'm definitely not telling everyone to go out and start tap-dancing on cutting boards - you have to find what works best for you and your personality. If you're not a jokey person, then don't tell jokes. If you love to cook, then just get that across in your demo - your love will show and other people will want to be more like you. That's all you have to generate - an interest in what you do - find what sets you apart and that's when you'll be successful. GL!

Cathy, great advice. David is a very down to earth kind of guy, but he has a side of him that is a performer...and his show is his stage. We can't all do that, but we can all re-evaluate what we say & do at a show and then stick to do it...do not deviate! I bet his show is the same general format each and every time! Also, after talking to him at NC, he has amazing stamina and does shows almost every day.. There was a month he wanted to go on vacation, so the month before he held 31 shows! He packs it in as if he were working a job outside of Direct Sales. Most of us don't have that kind of time.

My best advice is have someone video tape or record your show..then watch it as a consultant and then again as a guest...are you truly asking people to book a show? Are you truly talking about the opportunity as something that is for everyone? You will be amazed!

cathyskitchen said:
Re-analyze what you're doing - are you truly ASKING people to have a show? I realized early on that I wasn't really asking people - just suggesting that they have a show to get free stuff and expecting them to jump and say "YES!". Most people won't unless you ask them. Take some online training classes, too - they always help to jump-start me when I'm in a slump!

And, I'm definitely not telling everyone to go out and start tap-dancing on cutting boards - you have to find what works best for you and your personality. If you're not a jokey person, then don't tell jokes. If you love to cook, then just get that across in your demo - your love will show and other people will want to be more like you. That's all you have to generate - an interest in what you do - find what sets you apart and that's when you'll be successful. GL!

Cathy, that is exactly it, I know I am not really asking because I am afraid of being too pushy. I am a very outgoing person, but I just have a hard time asking people for things. I have done all the online training classes, some twice because I know I really need to look at what I am doing wrong and how to make it right. The same for recruiting. I do know a few people who just had people come to them, that has yet to happen to me. No one really recruited me, I just decided to do it and waited until I found a consultant at a party I liked.
I could dance since I was on dance team and a cheerleader, but I don't think people would find that entertaining :)
I was a trainer and trained people for 13 years before I became a stay at home mom and I just tend to freeze up when I am doing these demos. I know finance and cooking are totally different, but I know how to talk in front of people, at least I used too. Thanks for your advice :)

The drawing slips help me to "ask" people - have them fill them out to win a prize and then conveniently "forget" to look at them before you check out. Ask every person at checkout in this way "Oh, I forgot to look at your drawing slip - did you say you wanted to have a show?" Then, they can say no, never; no, not right now; maybe (in the fall, whatever); yes, definitely - and you can go from there! That technique works really well for me, esp. when I'm hurting for bookings. I only have 2 catalog shows on the books for July & Aug., so I'm going to be doing this at all 4 of my June shows, starting tomorrow!! HTH!

merego said:
Cathy, that is exactly it, I know I am not really asking because I am afraid of being too pushy. I am a very outgoing person, but I just have a hard time asking people for things. I have done all the online training classes, some twice because I know I really need to look at what I am doing wrong and how to make it right. The same for recruiting. I do know a few people who just had people come to them, that has yet to happen to me. No one really recruited me, I just decided to do it and waited until I found a consultant at a party I liked.
I could dance since I was on dance team and a cheerleader, but I don't think people would find that entertaining :)
I was a trainer and trained people for 13 years before I became a stay at home mom and I just tend to freeze up when I am doing these demos. I know finance and cooking are totally different, but I know how to talk in front of people, at least I used too. Thanks for your advice :)
Meredith, I had this same fear, and I heard something once that changed my life with "asking"....

if you do not ask someone to _____________________, you have already made their decision for them and there is nothing pushier than making someone's decisions for them.

I always tell people at my shows that I am not The Pampered Chef stalker, I don't have time for that! and the last thing I want is for someone to run the other way when they see me in a store...BUT, it is my job to help them with anything related to PC and I would be remiss if I didn't help them get as much product for free as they can! These words came from.....you guessed it....David Meenan!!!!!

cathyskitchen said:
The drawing slips help me to "ask" people - have them fill them out to win a prize and then conveniently "forget" to look at them before you check out. Ask every person at checkout in this way "Oh, I forgot to look at your drawing slip - did you say you wanted to have a show?" Then, they can say no, never; no, not right now; maybe (in the fall, whatever); yes, definitely - and you can go from there! That technique works really well for me, esp. when I'm hurting for bookings. I only have 2 catalog shows on the books for July & Aug., so I'm going to be doing this at all 4 of my June shows, starting tomorrow!! HTH!

That is a GREAT idea, I am going to do that at my show on Monday :)
I have 2 cooking shows, 1 catalog and 2 vendor events in June, so I am hoping that will help me fill up July and August since May was such a loss for me :(

oops, I forgot to say Thanks :)

Meridith - Dont push things - they will come as you put yourself forward - The beauty of this business is that it allows each and every one of us to be WHO we choose with it - Can you be the next Dave?? ABSOLUTELY!!! You WILL need to do what he does and devote time and effort into it - CAN you be the next JILLIAN??? No doubt!!! DO what she does and put the time and effort in what needs to be done to be extremely successful in this business.. I find that when I put my whole heart and soul into this - it works - when I slack off and don't apply myself... it shows -

The truth is there really isn't a secret. It is time, determination, hard work and love of the business that helps them to succeed - they are all great roll models and examples to what PC has to offer... Just my 2 cents

and a great 2 cents it is Doreen!

chefmeg said:
Meredith, I had this same fear, and I heard something once that changed my life with "asking"....

if you do not ask someone to _____________________, you have already made their decision for them and there is nothing pushier than making someone's decisions for them.

I always tell people at my shows that I am not The Pampered Chef stalker, I don't have time for that! and the last thing I want is for someone to run the other way when they see me in a store...BUT, it is my job to help them with anything related to PC and I would be remiss if I didn't help them get as much product for free as they can! These words came from.....you guessed it....David Meenan!!!!!

You are right, so right!! I have learned alot today :) Everyone has given me great advice and lifted my spirits :)

That is a great quote to use and I'm sure one of the many reasons he is so successful.

Thank you so much!! :)

it sounds so simple doesn't it? Doreen is right....we can all be the next David or Jillian or whoever you admire....there is no secret...hardwork and determination!

I have a 1 and 2 year old , plus a teenager so I know I don't have 100% time to put into it. I am hoping once the little ones are in school, I can really put the time and have the success with it that I want. The thing is I love Pampered Chef, I have loved it for years , I am very passionate about it and have 90% of everything they have ever made. I know I can do well, I just need to have the time to commit and I don't right now. I have the time for 6 parties a month and I know I am not going to make the big bucks doing that, but I am looking towards my future also. I honestly thought people would just come to me and want to have parties and it just doesn't happen that way :) Thanks to all for the wonderful advice and words of encouragment :)

I forgot to add that at 37, I never thought I'd have a 1 and 2 year old, so my life has changed so dramatically. I wouldn't change a thing, but I had a plan with a path going one way and then I met DH, we got married , had 2 kids back to back and here I am.[ Maybe I am having a mid life crisis??? ha ha/COLOR]

Meredith sweetie - you are so hard on yourself *hug*. I am in the same boat as you with a 2.5 and 1.5 year old. So right now I can't do a show everyday - but I would definately like to do it more once atleast Katie is in school. I have done 8 shows in one month and had over $11,000 comm. sales - so I can see how if you are accountable, persistent, keep in control of your calendar, etc. - I think a person could do it! To offer people a fun experience will always help with bookings too. Maybe you could use the scale of 1-10 drawing slip to give you a better idea of what people would like? (I think I might switch to that)...

I would LOVE to be more busy with PC - but having young kids is my number 1 priority right now - it doesn't fit into my life to do 10+ shows in a month. I think you might be the same, Meredith....

stefani2 said:
I would LOVE to be more busy with PC - but having young kids is my number 1 priority right now - it doesn't fit into my life to do 10+ shows in a month. I think you might be the same, Meredith....

definately, I wasn't able to stay at home with my oldest son so I am enjoying every moment of being home with my little ones. DH is so busy that I never have the time to make the calls and get the stuff done I need to. I don't even have time to think. As I type, I have 2 cute little ones, trying to push all the buttons on the laptop and jumping all over me. When I can get them to nap at the same time ( which is maybe 3 times a week) I end up doing laundry, cleaning, all the other stuff I can't get done when they are awake. Then I have sports events with my teenager, plus all the places he needs to be driven to and picked up. I really enjoy doing PC because I get out of the house and get that social interaction I crave, plus I like the extra $$ for me.

stefani2 said:

I just want to add that I think you need to give 100% to what you can do instead of saying "why can't I do more" and making those excuses why. If you can only do 10 shows that month treat each show like it's the most important thing you have to do for that block of time. I haven't done a lot of shows myself (yet) but I give them the best I can give.

Lynda - I like your post - good point

Meredith - sounds like you are doing great juggling everything!!!

I wouldn't say I am doing great :) ha ha

ok....doing the best you can?!

Meridith,I agree stop being so hard on yourself. I realized too that I was not asking everyone because I was afraid of being pushy. I have now started the full service check out ask if they would like any info on the biz, if they would like to host their own show, would they like a free recipe? Now I change the wording so I don't seem like I am a Robot. Also pick one or two people you would want on your team and compliment them.It will come. I live in a rural area, low income. I have the highest show average in my area, do less shows and make more $$. I have been averaging $700-$900. Now that I can sell I am working on the recruiting so I can have a balance biz and make even more $$.One of my suggestions is listen and apply(if you do not apply and try new things your show won't change, also try something for a few months to see the difference not one show. I made that mistake too). HTH and made sense.

Great ideas, Amanda! I keep coming back to this thread b/c it's motivating for me, too! :) I have a show tomorrow with a bunch of past hosts (6 sisters who rotate every year who has the PC show), and I CAN'T WAIT! I am so excited to try some new things and maybe even sign one of them up! ;)

One attityde adjustment for me that made a world of difference is that I quit asking people to do a show for "me" and starting asking them if I could "help them" entertain their friends and "get them" lots of free stuff!!! We have to think of it as we are helping them by doing a show for them or helpng them improve thier life by recruiting. When you are offering your assistance then we don't come across pushy... YEA...

LOVE the attitude change Beckie (you know what I mean - that sentence keeps coming out the wrong way - lol) - what a great idea to think of it differently.

I have also heard someone said that they ask people if they would like to TREAT their family and friends to a Show AND get TONS of PC products for FREE!....

Pampered Laura said:
David was Tom's direct recruit... I know exactly how David does it. LOL

Tom's career sales when he left PC were 1.6mil in 12 years time. I think he's still #2 in company all-time sales, behind Shan. ;)

David is a friend of mine...and a great down to earth guy. He's got what it takes to be a great leader...and he is quite modest, but a very giving person!

While I am 20 mins away from where David lives, I admire him for what he's accomplished!! It is quite amazing...my sales don't even compare to his. But he makes it work, and more power to him!

That is quite the accomplishment. Kudos David!!:D

AND...I truly believe that there is something special about men in our business...I mean, David is easy on the eyes, is cooking for them AND is fun! Sounds like a recipe for success!

I have actually had a guest ask if she could order the man on page ___...it was David!

Meredith- I hope you have noticed after reading this thread that you are way too hard on yourself. I was the same way- and it does nothing for your productivity. You are still new at this, and not everyone can develope a huge following in less than a year. Give yourself room to learn, and grow and make mistakes and improve! I know you will do it, but have some patience- it doesn't happen over night sis! :)

BTW, Meredith, look at your Best Show total - some people take WAY longer to accomplish that! Just take the compliment that you are doing F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S, girl!!!!! :p

Glad to see you are a member of the 'crazy mom club' that has kids close together! LOL

<h2>1. How does one have $36,216.10 in sales with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>There are a few factors that contribute to high sales in Pampered Chef. One is having a strong customer base and consistently booking and hosting parties. Another is actively promoting and marketing your business through social media, word of mouth, and other channels. Additionally, offering incentives and promotions to your customers can also help increase sales.</p><h2>2. How many parties would you have to do to reach $36,216.10 in sales?</h2><p>The number of parties needed to reach $36,216.10 in sales will vary depending on the average sales per party and the products being sold. Some consultants may be able to reach this amount with 10-15 parties, while others may need more. Consistently booking parties and actively promoting your business can help you reach this level of sales.</p><h2>3. What is the secret to success in reaching high sales with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>There is no one secret to success in Pampered Chef. It takes a combination of hard work, dedication, and effective marketing strategies. Building a strong customer base, consistently booking and hosting parties, and actively promoting your business are key factors in achieving high sales.</p><h2>4. How can I or we be as successful as the newest executive director with career sales over 1.1 million?</h2><p>Success in Pampered Chef is a journey and varies for each consultant. Some key tips for success include actively promoting and marketing your business, consistently booking and hosting parties, and building a strong team through recruiting. It may also be helpful to seek guidance and mentorship from successful consultants and attend training and workshops offered by the company.</p><h2>5. Does reading the consultant news every month make you more motivated or discouraged?</h2><p>This can vary from person to person. For some, reading about the success of others can be motivating and inspiring. For others, it may lead to feelings of discouragement and wanting to give up. It's important to remember that everyone's journey is different and to focus on your own progress and growth. Seek support and guidance from fellow consultants and utilize resources provided by the company to help you achieve your goals.</p>

Related to soI Am Reading My New Consulant News

1. How does one have $36,216.10 in sales with Pampered Chef?

There are a few factors that contribute to high sales in Pampered Chef. One is having a strong customer base and consistently booking and hosting parties. Another is actively promoting and marketing your business through social media, word of mouth, and other channels. Additionally, offering incentives and promotions to your customers can also help increase sales.

2. How many parties would you have to do to reach $36,216.10 in sales?

The number of parties needed to reach $36,216.10 in sales will vary depending on the average sales per party and the products being sold. Some consultants may be able to reach this amount with 10-15 parties, while others may need more. Consistently booking parties and actively promoting your business can help you reach this level of sales.

3. What is the secret to success in reaching high sales with Pampered Chef?

There is no one secret to success in Pampered Chef. It takes a combination of hard work, dedication, and effective marketing strategies. Building a strong customer base, consistently booking and hosting parties, and actively promoting your business are key factors in achieving high sales.

4. How can I or we be as successful as the newest executive director with career sales over 1.1 million?

Success in Pampered Chef is a journey and varies for each consultant. Some key tips for success include actively promoting and marketing your business, consistently booking and hosting parties, and building a strong team through recruiting. It may also be helpful to seek guidance and mentorship from successful consultants and attend training and workshops offered by the company.

5. Does reading the consultant news every month make you more motivated or discouraged?

This can vary from person to person. For some, reading about the success of others can be motivating and inspiring. For others, it may lead to feelings of discouragement and wanting to give up. It's important to remember that everyone's journey is different and to focus on your own progress and growth. Seek support and guidance from fellow consultants and utilize resources provided by the company to help you achieve your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
2 3 4
Replies
Views