• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Soda Drinking Woes: Overhydrated and Underwhelmed

However, after being sick for four days and only drinking water and Gatorade, a soda tasted terrible when I finally felt better. Some people have had toxic reactions to soda's ingredients and experienced relief when they stopped drinking it. Others have noticed that they eat less when they stop drinking soda and even lose weight. One person has a lactose intolerance and avoids soy milk, but can drink flavored water like lemonade or Kool-aid. Another person stays away from diet drinks and artificial sweeteners. Despite wanting to buy soda on sale, they are determined to stay away from it. The parched mouth may be a sign of dehydration from being sick, and it's important to drink water daily.
Please do Ann! I will drink some Faygo even though I'm not drinking ANY soda. I'll go down memoory lane with ya!:D

Okay, Ann I just saw that you're in Wave 1 so just leave some in your hotel room! I'll be there on your last day!

OOhhhh Ann! I'm Wave 1 too! I hope we officially meet this time. I promise I won't be (too) obnoxious this time!

mmmm.... yum..... now I'm craving a Rock & Rye, and the sundries shop in the lobby doesn't open for another 30 minutes.

I suppose I could bring some with me to conference for my Cheffer friends. We're probably taking the bus again this year, so quantities will depend on how much I can squish into my suitcase. I'll bring Rock & Rye, Redpop, and my other favorite: Diet Chocolate. (It tastes like a fizzy chocolate bar.)

The "Which way did he go?" quote is from a REALLY old commercial for Faygo, with a cartoon cowboy. And the other bit I typed was from the really neat song that Becky mentioned a couple of pages back. It's a touching commercial - hasn't been on in years. If I remember correctly, it had a shot of a bunch of people on the BobLo boat singing it. (The BobLo boat was a triple-decker boat that took people from Detroit to BobLo Island, which used to be an amusement park. Half the fun of going there was the boat ride.)

chefann said:
mmmm.... yum..... now I'm craving a Rock & Rye, and the sundries shop in the lobby doesn't open for another 30 minutes.

I suppose I could bring some with me to conference for my Cheffer friends. We're probably taking the bus again this year, so quantities will depend on how much I can squish into my suitcase. I'll bring Rock & Rye, Redpop, and my other favorite: Diet Chocolate. (It tastes like a fizzy chocolate bar.)

The "Which way did he go?" quote is from a REALLY old commercial for Faygo, with a cartoon cowboy. And the other bit I typed was from the really neat song that Becky mentioned a couple of pages back. It's a touching commercial - hasn't been on in years. If I remember correctly, it had a shot of a bunch of people on the BobLo boat singing it. (The BobLo boat was a triple-decker boat that took people from Detroit to BobLo Island, which used to be an amusement park. Half the fun of going there was the boat ride.)

BobLo Island! Ann, I hadn't thought of that in years! Sooo much fun as a kid, and you are right - the boat ride was the biggest adventure - and made the day so much fun....especially planning your route on the Island, and then, coming home, rehashing all the fun, who threw up, who rode what how many times. etc......BobLo, and Faygo.....great parts of my adolescence!

I love Faygo Red Pop, Rock n' Rye....and before there was ever anything called Mountain Dew...remember Moonshine Soda from Faygo? (I think that's what it was called!)

ChefBeckyD said:
I love Faygo Red Pop, Rock n' Rye....and before there was ever anything called Mountain Dew...remember Moonshine Soda from Faygo? (I think that's what it was called!)
Moon Mist. It still exists. Comes in a green bottle, just like Mountain Dew. :)

Hey, Becky, if you go to the Faygo site (KG linked to it), you can order a VHS tape of the commercial for $10.

chefann said:
Moon Mist. It still exists. Comes in a green bottle, just like Mountain Dew. :)

Oh Yeah...maybe we just called it Moonshine because that sounded "naughtier" to a bunch of kids! :D

The Faygo site has the words to the boat song:

Comic books and rubber bands,
Climb into the tree top.
Falling down and holding hands,
Tricycles and Redpop.

Pony rides and Sunday nights,
Roller skates and yo-yos.
Fairy Tales and snowball fights
Climbin' through the window.

Remember when you were a kid?
Well, part of you still is.
And that's why we make Faygo.
Faygo remembers.

Flying kites and funny shoes,
Easter eggs with speckles,
ABC's and counting by twos,
Washing off the freckles.

Kissing a hurt to make it stop,
Startin' school in September.
So many things you almost forgot,
Tryin' to remember.

Faygo remembers.​

I remember something about baseball, but I'm probably mis-remembering it. :rolleyes:

I try to be helpful. ;)I'm so old, I remember when Mountain Dew was introduced to national distribution by Pepsi. If you can find an original glass bottle, you've got something. I would be willing to bet that management of Pepsico is rather embarrassed at the old stereotypical labels on the old bottles!http://www.dewcollector.com/pics/dick-dean.jpg
It'll tickle yor innards!

chefann said:
The Faygo site has the words to the boat song:

Comic books and rubber bands,
Climb into the tree top.
Falling down and holding hands,
Tricycles and Redpop.

Pony rides and Sunday nights,
Roller skates and yo-yos.
Fairy Tales and snowball fights
Climbin' through the window.

Faygo remembers.

Flying kites and funny shoes,
Easter eggs with speckles,
ABC's and counting by twos,
Washing off the freckles.

Kissing a hurt to make it stop,
Startin' school in September.
So many things you almost forgot,
Tryin' to remember.

Faygo remembers.​

I remember something about baseball, but I'm probably mis-remembering it. :rolleyes:

Thanks Ann! I thought I remembered something about baseball too - maybe there was more than one version....?

Swaying back and forth as I hum "Faygo remembers...." sigh - if only everyone else could hear what we are hearing as we read these words.:)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I try to be helpful. ;)

I'm so old, I remember when Mountain Dew was introduced to national distribution by Pepsi. If you can find an original glass bottle, you've got something. I would be willing to bet that management of Pepsico is rather embarrassed at the old stereotypical labels on the old bottles!

http://www.dewcollector.com/pics/dick-dean.jpg
It'll tickle yor innards!

I think the old label on Moon Mist was quite similar to that too KG!

chefann said:
Hey, Becky, if you go to the Faygo site (KG linked to it), you can order a VHS tape of the commercial for $10.
If you follow this link to a site about Detroit Kids shows, you can read about The Faygo Kid animated television spot that ran in Detroit from the 1950's into the 1970's. (The ceator of the spot also created the famous Maypo commericial with the kid who said, "I want my Maypo!")

If you follow the link above, you can see the original spot, too.

colorFaygo.jpg

<h2>1. Why does soda taste terrible after being sick and only drinking water?</h2><p>When we are sick, our taste buds can become temporarily altered. This can cause things that usually taste good, like soda, to taste unpleasant. Additionally, after only consuming water and Gatorade for several days, your body may have adjusted to a more natural and less sweet taste, making soda taste overly sweet and unappealing.</p><h2>2. Is it normal to feel parched after drinking so much water?</h2><p>Yes, it is normal to feel parched after drinking a lot of water. When we are sick, our bodies may lose more fluids through sweating, vomiting, or diarrhea, leading to dehydration. This can cause us to feel more thirsty and crave more water than usual.</p><h2>3. Should I continue to drink soda even though it tastes bad?</h2><p>It is generally recommended to limit or avoid soda altogether, especially if you have been sick. Soda is high in sugar and can dehydrate the body, making it harder to recover from illness. It is important to continue to drink plenty of water and other hydrating fluids.</p><h2>4. Will cutting out soda help with weight loss?</h2><p>Cutting out or reducing soda intake can definitely contribute to weight loss. Soda is high in empty calories and can lead to weight gain if consumed in excess. Replacing soda with healthier options like water, herbal tea, or infused water can aid in weight loss efforts.</p><h2>5. How can I satisfy my soda cravings without actually drinking soda?</h2><p>There are many ways to satisfy soda cravings without actually drinking soda. You can try sparkling water with a splash of fruit juice, homemade flavored water, or unsweetened iced tea. You can also try incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet, as they can provide natural sweetness and hydration without the negative effects of soda.</p>

Related to Soda Drinking Woes: Overhydrated and Underwhelmed

1. Why does soda taste terrible after being sick and only drinking water?

When we are sick, our taste buds can become temporarily altered. This can cause things that usually taste good, like soda, to taste unpleasant. Additionally, after only consuming water and Gatorade for several days, your body may have adjusted to a more natural and less sweet taste, making soda taste overly sweet and unappealing.

2. Is it normal to feel parched after drinking so much water?

Yes, it is normal to feel parched after drinking a lot of water. When we are sick, our bodies may lose more fluids through sweating, vomiting, or diarrhea, leading to dehydration. This can cause us to feel more thirsty and crave more water than usual.

3. Should I continue to drink soda even though it tastes bad?

It is generally recommended to limit or avoid soda altogether, especially if you have been sick. Soda is high in sugar and can dehydrate the body, making it harder to recover from illness. It is important to continue to drink plenty of water and other hydrating fluids.

4. Will cutting out soda help with weight loss?

Cutting out or reducing soda intake can definitely contribute to weight loss. Soda is high in empty calories and can lead to weight gain if consumed in excess. Replacing soda with healthier options like water, herbal tea, or infused water can aid in weight loss efforts.

5. How can I satisfy my soda cravings without actually drinking soda?

There are many ways to satisfy soda cravings without actually drinking soda. You can try sparkling water with a splash of fruit juice, homemade flavored water, or unsweetened iced tea. You can also try incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet, as they can provide natural sweetness and hydration without the negative effects of soda.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • heather9892
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies