• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Broken Down Car, Long Drive and the Dreaded Party Switch!

In summary, the author had to spend the day dealing with car problems, which resulted in being late for a job and missing a party. Additionally, the author has two other pending orders which are causing them financial stress. They are considering closing the show early in order to save money.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
OK ... I've had a day ... a few days of pure heck, actually ... and I just need to vent!

* I had agreed to switch parties with a Lia Sophia rep, not realizing her house was 75 miles away! Sunday was my day to drive to her place, which was in the SNOW BELT. Neither of us anticipated the snowfall she'd get out there. I got lost and at one point, drove off the road ... fortunately, into a driveway! I was LATE to the show instead of an hour early, hauled in 3 boxes of stuff because she asked me to, all for four orders which, at this point, total $138. She REALLY wants to get to $300 so she will get a half price item, so I hope this happens for her, but meanwhile ... grrr!:mad:

Oh, and there were 2 or 4 potential bookings (depending on whether you believe the "maybe" on the prize drawing slip, which I read after she said no, and all from people who live near her ... grrr! Like I WANT to drive that far in my 17-year-old car!:eek:

* When I left my second-shift last night (which was to be immediately followed by a first shift today) I found that my car would not start! :cry:My co-worker offered to take me home but since "home" is 13 miles out of her way, I called a friend who lives in her town. Mercifully, she was home. I had her drop me off at the ghost town that is the company's sattelite office, where I was able to work by phone. I still don't know how much this is setting me back, as the shop can't get to it until tomorrow. Good thing I've got comp time coming ...

* My stepmother, who had placed the largest order in my jewelry party, called me at work. Seems Daddy had a cow when he found out how much she spent, and her daughter went overboard too. They both want to hold their orders until January. The only other orders I have are a friend's order (which she also would no doubt prefer to hold off on) a clustermate's order, which I am paying for because I owe her money, and a potential order from a cousin. I would have to spend $50 to get this show to meet their outrageous minimum. And then what do I get to do? Spend more money!

Did I mention that just keeping the phone and the lights on is going to be a struggle, not even counting the unknown factor of the car?

So I think when she calls tomorrow to give me an update, I'm going to just basically stall her. Let her know that I've run into some unexpected car trouble and see if we can wait until Dec. 1. I am afraid that if I stall her party too long, she will stall mine.:cry:

They warned me this could happen!

That's the biggest reason I don't agree to swap shows with anyone. I can't afford anyone else's stuff and feel like it is a real waste to try to get PC orders when I try to convince them to order another company. Hope that all works out for you! Nothing is worse than car problems!

If you explain the situation to her maybe she will agree to hold your LS party opened until Jan. At least then it will be the sales she's expecting. If she were to close it now it would be less than what she thinks she has. So maybe she'll be willing to work with you.

Sorry about your car! Hopefully it won't be too expensive to fix.

Di, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. You're such a wonderful person, and it's hard to see you suffering. Read the verse in Jane's siggy, and take it to heart!!

Do you need her show right now? I know it's SAT and all, but if you both agree to close in January, you get double points!!

I am pretty sure I do need her show ... and I could give a flip about double points, since the whole incentive thing is so far from attainable it's not funny. Sell-a-thon is so much more attainable.

But right now, even with her show being what she hopes it would be, I have a little over $900 in sales and only one show in November. I'm bummed because if this show doesn't do REALLY well, I will miss out on Level 1 even though I have so much on my calendar. All that work for ONE PRODUCT? True, I'd rather have one GOOD product than the two I got last year (one good, one that was discontinued by fall.) And nothing on the calendar, so no chance of getting a second product in November.

She REALLY likes the December specials, though one of her guests ordered the stoneware on special. If not for that, I'd offer to hold her show over to December so she could get them. She is concerned about getting her items in time for Christmas. Me and my people ... not so much.

And thank you all ... a friend of mine said we must be doing something right because we're getting attacked right and left ...

That passage in Jeremiah ... it's funny .... look it up and read it in context. To me, it's a lesson in patience and believing in God's promises even when they look unlikely. It was written to people in exile wondering when God would deliver them. Instead, they are told to plant roots because God won't bring them out for 70 years!

I'm sure my car will be fixed before then ...

Why don't you send an email to all of your contacts and offer something is they place an order my Nov. 30th! (What seems to work with me for bookings is say "The first 5 people to place an order will receive...") THis creates a sense of urgency and people will act fast! Set it up on your personal website as you as the host and then you can use your hostess credit to but whatever it is that you are offering.

Di, sorry you are having such trouble right now!

I know, we've gotten some snow here lately this week huh?

I know you had issues with doing this swap from the beginning, I am sorry that your fears were affirmed.

Hang in there, it will all be ok, let us know what's going on w/ the car...funny that's being mentioned, our car is having problems starting in the morning this week, I'm "hoping" it's due to the cold weather but fearful it's something major...I cross my fingers every day that it is starting...and we can't afford a new one or a car repair either!
I'll be praying for you!

Di, Sorry that you are having such a bad experience with this! It will get better, just keep on plugging through it and keep your head up. :)

The car ... sigh ... it is not the weather ... trust me, the weather was plenty nasty on Sunday as Heather can attest. I thought of her when I drove past her exit ... It is being TOWED.

All I know is that it is NOT a timing belt because this car has a timing CHAIN ... I am fearing it is a fuel pump, ignition or some strange wiring thing. It is a 17-year-old car. Can't really blame the 76-mile drive north any more than I can blame the 300 miles or better I put on the beast as a result of work.

Anyway ... been doing some thinking ... dangerous when I do that ... and I think I am going to wait to see what my Nov. 24 show does and see if that puts me closer to the $1500 level than I thought it would. Then if it doesn't, call the host and talk to her. Explain that if we date her show for Dec. 1, it would give her the chance to order the triffle bowl at 60 percent off. And that it would only affect one customer ... is it worth the extra $6 to cover her stone that would not be on special?

Then I'd be closer to the 2-show level in December.

Stinks. Closest I've ever been to a decent level of Sell-a-thon ...

What should I do if my car breaks down while I'm on a long drive to a party?

If your car breaks down while you're on a long drive to a party, the first thing you should do is safely pull over to the side of the road. Then, assess the situation and try to determine the cause of the breakdown. If it's something minor that you can fix yourself, like a flat tire, you can try to do so. However, if it's a more serious issue, it's best to call for roadside assistance or a tow truck. Don't try to continue driving your car if it's not safe to do so.

What should I do if I'm running late to a party because of car troubles?

If you're running late to a party because of car troubles, it's important to communicate with the host as soon as possible. Let them know what happened and give them an estimated time of arrival. If possible, try to arrange for someone else to bring you to the party or for someone to pick you up. And remember, safety should always come first, so don't rush to get to the party and put yourself at risk.

How can I prevent car troubles while on a long drive to a party?

The best way to prevent car troubles while on a long drive to a party is to make sure your car is in good working condition before you hit the road. This includes regularly scheduled maintenance and inspections. It's also a good idea to have emergency supplies in your car, such as a spare tire, jumper cables, and a first aid kit. And always make sure to have your phone fully charged in case you need to call for help.

What should I do if I need to switch cars before heading to a party?

If you need to switch cars before heading to a party, make sure to plan ahead. Communicate with the other driver and make sure both cars are in good working condition. If possible, swap cars before the day of the party to avoid any last-minute stress. And don't forget to update your GPS or map with the new car's information.

What steps should I take to ensure a smooth party switch while on a long drive?

To ensure a smooth party switch while on a long drive, make sure to communicate with the other driver and plan ahead. Make sure both cars are in good condition, and have a plan in place for switching cars and directions to the party location. Also, make sure to give yourself enough time for the switch so you're not rushed and driving safely. And don't forget to thank the other driver for their help!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • BlueMoon