• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Social Graces: Share Your Tips & Trainings!

In summary, at the Upper Level Directors workshop at the Regional Meeting in Southern California, the topic of social graces was discussed. It was suggested to find out what others do in certain situations such as handling children at shows, dealing with guests who leave early or come in late, getting to know the host, making a good first impression, thanking the host, engaging special guests, maintaining personal hygiene, handling chatty or tipsy guests, setting up the work area and dealing with any pets or television/stereo interference. These tips can be used as mini-trainings for an entire year by copying and emailing the list provided to Gail Shendelman.
DebPC
Staff member
Social Graces! Some of our consultants have them, and some of them don't! This subject came up at the Upper Level Directors workshop at the Regional Meeting here in Southern California last weekend. I thought it would be fun to find out what YOU do in these situations, so let me know! I'll type up all of the answers you provide me, and send the whole kit-and-caboodle back to every one who contributes! If you're up to the challenge, copy the list below into a new e-mail, address it to ME [email protected], and then you can use the ideas I send back to you as mini-trainings at your meetings! With 12 different topics, we'll have mini trainings for an entire year!

Gail Shendelman

Social Graces Training

How to handle children at your shows

Guests who leave early or come in late

Getting to know your host

First impressions and appearance

Thanking host

Engaging the spouse, mother or other "special" guests

Personal hygiene

Chatty guests

"Tipsy" guests

Work area and the home set-up

Pets

Television and stereo interference

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Social Graces Training

How to handle children at your shows
I have had several guests bring their children that are about 12 or so. I grab my extra apron and get them to help me mix, pour, stir..
Its great because
A) I have the time to talk about the product and booking shows,
b) the guests see that its so easy even a kid can use it
c) the parents are greatful that their children are usually excited to go into the kitchen the next time they cook!

Guests who leave early or come in late
I make sure to tell my hosts to remind their guests to be prompt by making a big deal out of the door prizes! Its a really great way to get everyone there on time, and get the show on track so that it doesnt go till all hours of the night!

Getting to know your host

I use the host info sheet that is in the binder. I also take my hosts out for StarBucks if I get the chance. The biggest question I ask is "What is the level of cooking for your guests?" That helps me to choose a recipe and start off on the right track!

First impressions and appearance
I wear a button up 3/4 sleeve shirt with a black just below the knee skirt. I have very long hair and make a point to put it into a bun for each show. I joke with the guests about having to excuse my lack of special hairdo, unless of course, they want to eat a piece of me with their food that night. Its a great ice breaker, and lets the guests know they are in for a fun night.

Thanking host
The very first thing I do after saying my name.

Engaging the spouse, mother or other "special" guests
I always invite them to sit right next to me and be the "Demonstration Helper"

Personal hygiene

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU DO! Brush your teeth, hair, wash your face if you dont wear makeup and even if you do.

Chatty guests
Usually I ask what product they are talking about, if they are talking about a product, then I spend more time on it, and if they aren't then they stop talking.

"Tipsy" guests
I ask my hosts not to serve alchohol or to limit the intake to one or two glasses of wine.

Work area and the home set-up
I offer to bring a butler that fits into the backseat of my car and is the perfect size for my crate.

Pets
I tell the hostess that I am allergic to new animals, and ask if she could please set them in a different room alone.

Television and stereo iterference
I usually know if anyone is going to be home during the show, but those emergencies do pop up and then I draft the watchee/listenee to be my special assistant.

Hi Gail,Thanks for bringing up this topic. I think social graces are an important part of being a successful consultant. Here are my thoughts on some of the situations mentioned:1. How to handle children at your shows - I always make sure to have some activities or games for children to do during the show. This keeps them occupied and allows the adults to focus on the products. I also try to involve the children in the presentation, asking them to help with demonstrations or passing out samples.2. Guests who leave early or come in late - I always try to be understanding and accommodating. If someone has to leave early, I thank them for coming and offer to send them any information they may have missed. If someone comes in late, I try to catch them up quickly without disrupting the flow of the presentation.3. Getting to know your host - I always make an effort to get to know my host before the show. This helps me personalize the presentation and make them feel special. I also try to remember details about their life or interests and bring it up during the show.4. First impressions and appearance - I believe in dressing professionally and making a good first impression. This shows that I take my business seriously and sets the tone for the show.5. Thanking host - I always make sure to thank my host for opening up their home and being a great host. I also send a handwritten thank you note after the show to show my appreciation.6. Engaging the spouse, mother or other "special" guests - I make sure to acknowledge and involve any special guests at the show. This could be the spouse, mother, or a friend of the host. I try to make them feel welcome and included in the presentation.7. Personal hygiene - I think it's important to always present yourself in a clean and professional manner. This includes good personal hygiene and grooming.8. Chatty guests - I try to redirect chatty guests back to the presentation or involve them in the discussion. If they continue to be disruptive, I politely remind them that we have a lot to cover and we can chat more after the show.9. "Tipsy" guests - This can be a tricky situation, but I always handle it with grace and professionalism. I offer them non-alcoholic options and try to keep them engaged in the presentation. If they become too disruptive, I may have to ask them to leave or politely remind them that we are here to learn

What is "Social Graces: Share Your Tips & Trainings!"?

"Social Graces: Share Your Tips & Trainings!" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that focuses on teaching proper etiquette and social skills in a fun and interactive way.

Who can participate in "Social Graces: Share Your Tips & Trainings!"?

Anyone can participate in "Social Graces: Share Your Tips & Trainings!" It is designed for individuals of all ages, from children to adults.

What topics are covered in "Social Graces: Share Your Tips & Trainings!"?

The program covers a wide range of topics, including table manners, communication skills, social media etiquette, and more.

How long does the program last?

The length of the program can vary, but typically it is a one-time event that lasts about 2-3 hours.

Can I host a "Social Graces: Share Your Tips & Trainings!" event?

Yes, you can host your own "Social Graces: Share Your Tips & Trainings!" event. Our trained consultants can come to your home or venue and lead the program for you and your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC