• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It Pays to Attend Your Cluster Trainings!

In summary, the conversation discussed a successful "spring kickoff" event that included a neighbor's order and a professional contact's $127 order. The importance of attending cluster meetings for a thriving business was also emphasized, with options for finding a nearby meeting being discussed.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So I hosted a "spring kickoff" that was officially on ice. I made some stuff in the vain hope neighbors would trudge through the blizzard, but in the end, it was just me and Roomie eating the chicken nachos and brownies. (At least they were good!)

I trudged ahead, dug out, and headed to my Sunday show. It is currently at $674 and counting. There are potentially 8 outside orders lurking. Right now, it's broken into two shows because the host has agreed to help me win the free HWC products.

AND THEN ... I got a phone call this morning.

Last month, while attending a cluster training, I recognized one of my professional contacts from work. (It had been a while since I'd seen her so it took a while to realize it was her.) I went up to her, said hi, explained why I was at the restaurant, and handed her a book.

Today, she called me with a $127 order! After another promised order, there's my third party and the tablecloth!

See folks? It pays to take catalogs with you, and attend cluster trainings!

Preach on! You are so right!

Glad it worked great for you.

Since my meeting are in NC and I am in AL, I afraid it would not pay me to attend though, haha!:D

good work! my director always says that cluster meeting are not mandatory, but they are necessary if you want a thriving business. i totally agree!

My director points out that the people in our cluster who do consistently well at their businesses are those who regularly attend the meetings. I'm guessing that's not a coincidence.

raebates said:
My director points out that the people in our cluster who do consistently well at their businesses are those who regularly attend the meetings. I'm guessing that's not a coincidence.

It's SO true!

I love our cluster meetings! They are always so fun!

I enjoy ours, too. I drive about 90 minutes each way to attend. My director would gladly send me the info, since I'm so far away. I'd miss the interaction, though. I know I learn more and get more charged up when I go.

Well, my cluster has two types of meetings ... the REGULAR ones, which are held on Monday nights, and the breakfast/lunch ones, which are held on a Saturday.My schedule NEVER permits me to attend the evening meetings, so I opt for the breakfast ones. (And yet, I still get the nagging feeling that my director is unhappy I'm not able to attend, as if the fact that I'm working that given evening is supposed to be a shock to her!)Anyway ... started this thread just to point out that anything can happen, even when you least expect it!

How do cluster meetings work? My recruiter is in Hawaii and our director is in California and I am in Missouri. Do they go by your director? I would love to attend a meeting seeing that I have only a month experience and my recruiter is so far away from me. What should I do? I don't know anyone around here that is a consultant, but I know there are out there.....being on a military base there should be a bunch. I just don't know any of them. Please let me know what I should do to get into a meeting in my area. My recruiter did fill out something to try to get a director over here to have for a contact, but I still haven't received anything. I you have any advice, it would help. Thanks.

Hi,
From what I have seen on similiar post, you can contact HO and tell them your situation. They should be able to set you up with a hospitality cluster near you. Hope this helps.

FunCookn said:
How do cluster meetings work? My recruiter is in Hawaii and our director is in California and I am in Missouri. Do they go by your director? I would love to attend a meeting seeing that I have only a month experience and my recruiter is so far away from me. What should I do? I don't know anyone around here that is a consultant, but I know there are out there.....being on a military base there should be a bunch. I just don't know any of them. Please let me know what I should do to get into a meeting in my area. My recruiter did fill out something to try to get a director over here to have for a contact, but I still haven't received anything. I you have any advice, it would help. Thanks.

You should call HO and explain your situation - I am sure they will find a hospitality director and then you can attend those cluster meetings - AND yes - the really help your business - especially in your first few months - they answer any and all questions and really help you build your business strong -

Your director is suppose to set up hospitality for you. Be sure and ask her.

I know this sounds silly, but my cluster meetings are fun for me because my director recognizes us for achievements each month. My DH understands that my business is important to me, blah blah blah, but he doesn't get excited the way I do about reaching a milestone, or making a big sale. Getting a pat on the back and a ribbon, or just being congratulated by people who understand the work we put into this really makes a difference to me...and motivates me to work even harder. The training helps, but I really love the recognition part. See? Told you I'm silly... :)

Your director needs to request Hospitality through HO. Contact him/her and ask for it. Personally I don't set up Hospitality for my out of are consultants until they have a couple of shows under their belt so they won't be asking questions that 1. should be asked of me and 2. can be answered by doing a couple of shows.

Sad thing is, I have never been in contact with my director. All I know is her name and she lives in California some where. My recruiter said that she has only had one email from her too. Is that normal for a director to do that?

sklay723 said:
I know this sounds silly, but my cluster meetings are fun for me because my director recognizes us for achievements each month. My DH understands that my business is important to me, blah blah blah, but he doesn't get excited the way I do about reaching a milestone, or making a big sale. Getting a pat on the back and a ribbon, or just being congratulated by people who understand the work we put into this really makes a difference to me...and motivates me to work even harder. The training helps, but I really love the recognition part. See? Told you I'm silly... :)
Not silly at all! I LOVE the recognition at meetings, etc. Makes me feel worthwhile.

FunCookn said:
Sad thing is, I have never been in contact with my director. All I know is her name and she lives in California some where. My recruiter said that she has only had one email from her too. Is that normal for a director to do that?
Not normal at all. Do you have a hospitality Director? If not, get one!

I love my cluster meetings! Just got back from one... I went so sad, because I'd hoped to be qualified today, but my catalog show didn't reach $150. But by the time I left I was so pumped up about things I'd learned and ideas that had been shared! :-D

My favorite thing that my director puts in her reminder emails about the cluster meeting is that if your business isn't doing too well, you need the meeting. If your business is doing great, the meeting needs you! :) It's like a good shot of adrenaline to get me excited about promoting my business every month. We're meeting two weeks later than usual in July because those who are going to NC are bringing info back (new product reveal, etc.), so that will be strange to not meet for six weeks.

1. What are cluster trainings?

Cluster trainings are events organized by Pampered Chef for consultants to gather and learn new skills, strategies and product knowledge to improve their business.

2. Why is it important to attend cluster trainings?

Attending cluster trainings is important because it provides an opportunity to learn and network with other consultants, gain new ideas and tips to grow your business, and stay updated on new products and promotions.

3. How often are cluster trainings held?

Cluster trainings are typically held once a month, but the frequency may vary depending on the demand and availability of trainers.

4. Is there a cost to attend cluster trainings?

There is no cost to attend cluster trainings. These events are provided by Pampered Chef as a benefit to consultants.

5. Can I bring a guest to a cluster training?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a guest to a cluster training. However, please inform your trainer beforehand so they can make appropriate arrangements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kaylasmommy12605