• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

So....which of These Names Do You Like

In summary, Gillian likes the name Lillian, but warns that it might become popular in the near future.

Which name do you like better?

• Lillian

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Kaitlyn

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Hailey

Votes: 23 33.3%

• Total voters
ChefJesssica
So....

Which of these names do you like more?

Hailey
Kaitlyn
Lillian
Aubrey

Thanks!

I Love Hailey and Aubrey!:)

I like Hailey

namesI like Aubrey thats my niece's name
Doreen Zaino
WAVE 3

I like Aubrey because it's not real common. I was one of 5 Jennifer's in my class at school and I hated it. I went to a small school too. Then when I got a job at a printing company, there were 8 of us in the same department with the name Jennifer!!

I babysit for a girl that spells her name Katelynn. I think that is neat because it is different.

I like Lillian because no so common and My daughter name is Jillian sounds more like a name from the 1800's Just persoanl oppinion

I love Lillian out of your choices! I love looking at names. You should put a poll on this thread!

My vote is for Lillian. I think a little girl called "Lilly" would be sooooo cute:)

Lillian -- it is not so common and a good name for a girl to grown into. . .

I LOVE THE NAME LILLIAN....I would have probably named my little girl lillian if i had heard of that name when she was born....My little girls name is Victoria Grace, but we call her Gracie.... You should do a poll on this!!

A word of caution about Aubrey.... we wanted to name our daughter Aubrey but apparently it is a well known fact that it means little elf. We told five or six people that we had chosen that name, and three said "oh, you know that means little elf, right?" We ended up chosing Alexia Paige for my daughter (Call her Lexi and I'll smack you!!) and Colton Walker for my son. My niece's name is Lillian and she goes by Lili, but then my sister wanted to keep with the theme and name her next daughter Rose. I hope she doesn't have more kids or else I'll have a neice named Daisy!!!

gilliandanielle said:
A word of caution about Aubrey.... we wanted to name our daughter Aubrey but apparently it is a well known fact that it means little elf. We told five or six people that we had chosen that name, and three said "oh, you know that means little elf, right?" We ended up chosing Alexia Paige for my daughter (Call her Lexi and I'll smack you!!) and Colton Walker for my son. My niece's name is Lillian and she goes by Lili, but then my sister wanted to keep with the theme and name her next daughter Rose. I hope she doesn't have more kids or else I'll have a neice named Daisy!!!

I love Alexia and Paige! That was on my names list when we were deciding, but husband said no go. I also love Colton for a boy! Great pics Gillian! BTW, hubby actually liked Gillian because of his hots for Gillian Anderson the actress! But I said no to any girls he had the hots for! HEE_HEE!:D

I know at least three Lillians under the age of three so don't think it won't be common in a few years. But it is still my vote. My neighbor's daughter is Lillia instead of Lillian - just a slight twist that I like....

I'm partial to Caitlyn...at least that's how we spell my daughter's name;) We thought it was original 7 yrs ago, now there's TONS of them! So if you want something different I'd go with the others with Lillian.
BTW, did you state somewhere else when the due day is? At least I'm assuming that's the reasoning is asking:)

jenniferlynne said:
I was one of 5 Jennifer's in my class at school and I hated it. I went to a small school too. Then when I got a job at a printing company, there were 8 of us in the same department with the name Jennifer!!

Did I go to school with you??? LOL, I also am from a small town and small school, and when I was in 3rd grade I think it was there were 5 or 6 Jennifer's and it went up and down every year after that, one year it would slack off, then it would be back up again. Not including the Jennifer's in other grades. And at one point at work there was another Jennifer I worked with for a little while and we both even had the same birthday, although not the same year, she is like 6 years older I think.

gilliandanielle said:
My niece's name is Lillian and she goes by Lili, but then my sister wanted to keep with the theme and name her next daughter Rose. I hope she doesn't have more kids or else I'll have a neice named Daisy!!!

I know a couple whose daughters are named Sunni and Raine (?not sure on the spelling of that one) one set of their grandparents call them their weather grandchildren. LOL.

jenniferlynne said:
I was one of 5 Jennifer's in my class at school and I hated it. I went to a small school too. Then when I got a job at a printing company, there were 8 of us in the same department with the name Jennifer!!

Did I go to school with you??? LOL, I also am from a small town and small school, and when I was in 3rd grade I think it was there were 5 or 6 Jennifer's and it went up and down every year after that, one year it would slack off, then it would be back up again. Not including the Jennifer's in other grades. And at one point at work there was another Jennifer I worked with for a little while and we both even had the same birthday, although not the same year, she is like 6 years older I think.

gilliandanielle said:
My niece's name is Lillian and she goes by Lili, but then my sister wanted to keep with the theme and name her next daughter Rose. I hope she doesn't have more kids or else I'll have a neice named Daisy!!!

I know a couple whose daughters are named Sunni and Raine (?not sure on the spelling of that one) one set of their grandparents call them their weather grandchildren. LOL.

I LOVE Lillian. My son has a Hailey, Haylee, and Hayleigh in his class. Plus a Caitlyn, Katelynne, Katelyn in the other Kindergarten class. Needless to say it gets confusing. Our son is Hunter Jacob and our daughter is Emily Paige. I really wanted something different for our daughter, but we ended up with THE MOST popular name for a girl for 2 years running. I liked Piper and Raine (for my grandmother whose name was Loraine), but my DH was adamant that neither was right.

I have to say I like Hailey that was actually one of the names we were deciding on but we have decided to go for Brianna since this is supposed to be our last and my DH's name is Bryan. It sounds like Lilly is becoming very popular we have a cousin who also named her daughter lily.

i vote Lillian ....
my duaghter is Kelsey, yup 13 years ago thought we were being original too she had 3 others on her soccer team alone (2 katlyn's & 2 katies & a kayla we were doing tounge twisters out there!)

My neighbors daughter is due in Sept. they know they are having a girl the name they picked is the word "Heaven" spelled backwards "nevaeh". I'm not sure about that one. But out of your choices I like Hailey or Lillian the best.

If this is because you are having a baby is it your first? I only have one he is 7 and his name is Anthony Ryan. Anthony is after my husbands grandfather and Ryan is my maiden name. When I was due with him we did not know what he was going to be. My husband and I could not agree on a girls name but I think we both liked Nicole but I really wanted Miranda. There is they only Anthony in his grade at school. So right now it's not a common name, but names do go through cycles. In a few years it could be a more popular name. You can never tell. Good Luck.

Chef Michelle D said:
My neighbors daughter is due in Sept. they know they are having a girl the name they picked is the word "Heaven" spelled backwards "nevaeh". I'm not sure about that one.

Ok, I now have to post yet again on this one, I went to a church in a neighboring town to have some of those old-fashioned pictures done for a fundraiser for their church and in their sunday school is where they had it, they had all sorts of pictures up of the kids and they did collages of their families and stuff and there were I think 2 or 3 Angel's, and 1 Heaven, and one Nevaeh, I am guessing the for the same reason. And my cousin (don't ask) was thinking about naming her daughter Nevaeh for that reason, and I told her in a joking way (even though some times her mom thinks she is the devil's daughter, lol) that it was because that was the closest to heaven she was ever gonna get, lol.

I like Hailey and Kaitlyn but they are both popular names these days.

My youngest daughter (19 now) is named Haley, and my first is Nycole Renee. She is 24, and I have yet to see one spelled like hers. I have a niece named Malone, and a friend's daughter named Cherish. These are some of the most unusual, but I think Malone is the one that has grown most on me. She is Irish, with red hair and blue eyes, the name fits her.

Jennie4PC said:
I have to say I like Hailey that was actually one of the names we were deciding on but we have decided to go for Brianna since this is supposed to be our last and my DH's name is Bryan. It sounds like Lilly is becoming very popular we have a cousin who also named her daughter lily.

My younger daughter is Brianna, spelled the same way as you;) Brianna Ashlyn.

I like Lillian, but I am really into older names...they seem more original now, hence my twins being Kate Marie and Ryan Alexander

I already voted for Lillian out of your choices, but right now I am on a kick for Isabella. I just think that it's cute and elegant, I had to put in my extra 2 cents worth!

I also like Isabella but if I suggested that to my husband he would say it was a soap opera name another name I love is Anika, but with the 2 girls everytime we think Anika it has not seemed to fit.

My grandma's name is Christine and we named our daugher Jillian Christine we do not call her Jill at all

I have never been called Gill, but people can't seem to ever say my full name right. It is Jillian, but with a G!! Gillian not gill like a fish gill!! Sorry, had to vent!

gilliandanielle said:

Oh MY God! I am so glad you told me that Aubrey means little elf. I am only 4 11 and my husband is like 5 6 so we have teeny babies and she is probably going to be a petite little thing and I would HATE for people to find out her name means little elf!!!!!!! I am going to do one of those polls, but Aubrey is OUT!!!!!!!!

This is our first girl, we already have a 2 year old son, Ben, but I have been having the WORST time coming up with a name. I really liked Isabellla too, but my husband isn't for it. We don't want anything too uncommon or too common. I want something pretty. I am at 36 weeks, which is when I had my son, so I feel like this baby could happen anyday now.

Thanks for everyone's opinions!

It is so difficult to choose names fo our children! There is the pull to be different but not so different that they are ALWAYS correcting people. For me, I wanted my children to have names that could be adaptable to their lives as they grow. Hence, for my girls......Madelyn Elizabeth and Carolyn Sarah. We call them Maddie and Carly. My son is Andrew William and we call him Drew.
If we had another daughter, she would be Gracelyn Helena. A boy would be Noah Samuel.

I think all your choices are very nice, Jessica. For me...I like Lillian the best.

Have a Pampered Day!

Hi Erin,

Reading your post - I, too, have a Madolyn (Madolyn Grace), my boys are Zachary Paul (we call him Zach) and Noah John. I had to come up with somewhat different names as my last name is Miller and my husband's name is John! Didn't want to be too common. I agree that all the name choices are great as well - I'm leaning towards Lillian myself. Good luck Jessica - remember don't listen to anyone but yourself (and your husband) - you are the ones who will have to speak to your child everyday!!

Gina Miller

I know a Lilian, a Lilia, and a Lily. (All are in their 20s-30's). I know a lot of little girls named Kaitlyn, but I dont know a single Hailey!

I have 2 boys, Ethan Joseph and Evan Andrew, and originally, if I had a girl I wanted to name her Caitlyn, but now I'm ALSO leaning towards Isabel or Isabella. But first, I gotta get pregnant! Hahaha

Jessica my oldest boy is a Ben also and I am only one week behind you congrats on your pregnancy.

I named my daughter (14 now) sierra. I thought that was original since I got it from a hair dye color. She was 3 days old and we were standing in line at Walmart to get pics taken and the little girl in front of her 3 mo old was named sierra. how freaky--and there are alot out there now.

My last daughter (2yr) we named JoElla after the mothers middle names. MaryJo and Rebecca Ellen. (changed the ellen to ella, sounds better). she has my middle name (marie) and she was born on mothers day. Her name fits her very well, and hopefully there aren't too many of those around. I think it's kind of a classical name, but also funky and different.

she was also one of those kismet kids--born on 5/9, at 9:05 and weighed 9lb 5 oz. We played the lottery but nothing :) Oh, her due date was mothers day too, so she actually came on her due date which doesn't happen very often!

Good luck with yours!! I have 3 neighbors that are/were pregnant (one just had last week, the other will have this friday and the last one due in august) I'm not drinking the water:) My hubby and I have 6 between us, we feel like the brady bunch!!!

Okay, how can I not reply with my own two cents, we all like to talk about our kids, right? :p
I have a daughter Sydney Marie (we usually call her Syd), and two sons, Tyler Joseph and Alexander Rowan (we call him Alex). All middle names are family names. I, too, was trying to be unique with Sydney, now they are popping up left and right. Growing up a Jennifer with a brother named Brian, I know what it is like to have really common names. Oh yeah, and my husband is Jason. Real imaginative, right?!?!
I really like Lillian and calling her Lily. I know Hailey is really popular in my area. I also like the name Brooke (that is what little Alex would have been had he been a girl). I know someone mentioned Isabella, I love that name. I know an Isabella and they call her Bella. I really like that!
Congratulations and good luck on the birth of your child! What a wonderful blessing! :)

We chose Hailey Nicole for our third child's name because we were told we were having a girl. We named HIM Evan instead. :D

Just don't do what my cousin did. Her last name is Knight and she named her son Xavier :eek:

Xavier Knight makes me think of a knight riding on a horse. She had also had a daughter that was born stillborn and she had named her Holly Noel. That one was a better name I think, but I can't help but think of Chrissy on 3's Company. Her real name was Christmas Snow :D

There is a woman that lives in the same county as me. Her and her kids are always in the paper for something (not bad things, just sports and things). She has something like 6 or 7 girls, and all their names start with A. One of the youngest ones she named Aspen Snow White (White is their last name).

I have a Kaitlyn, so that is my favorite!

my kids are:

Conner Stanley
Kaitlyn Nicole
Noah Wiley
Hannah Noelle (her twin was Preston Scott)
Alexis Grace
Isabella Reese

I like the names Hailey or Kaityn. If I would had a girl I loved the name Jaime, but I was blessed with two boys, Mason and Andrew. I kow a few families that their girls names are Lillian, Lilly for short. I think that is a popular name for right now.

apriljc said:
I like the names Hailey or Kaityn. If I would had a girl I loved the name Jaime, but I was blessed with two boys, Mason and Andrew. I kow a few families that their girls names are Lillian, Lilly for short. I think that is a popular name for right now.

Up until last month, her name was going to be Jamie, but her middle name is going to be Bea after my grandmother, so Jamie Bea didnt sound right to me.

I don't guess I can really have an opinion here. My husband wouldn't settle on ANY of the MANY names that I had. Which was unfortunate, because I wouldn't let my sister use one of them 9 years ago! Finally, in the hospital waiting for me to have it (didn't know at the time), he was reading a names book and said "what about xxx or xxx" and I said "ok". At that point, I was so tired of trying to settle on a name with him, our daughter could have been named "Mud.":eek:

All three are beautiful names but I will tell you the many reasons I chose Lillian. First of all it was my Nannys name & I wish sometimes I had named one of my girls that.
The main reason tho is that I teach elem school and there must be 5 million Caitlyns and Haileys. Especially Hailey. My daughter is a pediatric nurse and she says the big name now is Emma, Hannah and Madison. All are beautiful but there will be 5 in every Kdg class in 5 years.
I just like something a little less popular!

I chose Lillian also, or maybe another version of it Lilliana, I only know one Lilly I think no others come to mind at the moment anyway, I know a few Hailey's, and lots of Kaitlyn's, spelled various ways. I think Kaitlyn was one of the top names in the past few years, you might check that out what the top baby names of the years have been.

I also wanted to be original.....Therefore my sons are named Jerrick Jayce.....Kaden Lane (I actually didn't pick Kaden, I had a boys name picked out in the beginning, and I go with initials or part of names so I don't do Junior or The Second, etc, but I knew it had to start with a K and the nurse-my lamaze teacher said it and I liked it, then I found out one of the girls in my lamaze class with my first had named her son Caden, but at least there's 2 years difference and a different first letter).....My stepson's name is not original, it is Alex James (Not Alexander).....My youngest isn't all original either but by the time we had finally agreed on a name a week before I was scheduled to go into the hospital someone else used it, ughh!!! Garrett Evan, his first name was going to be Evan.

If I would have ever had a girl her name was going to be Kaicia La'nae, parts of my mother, and grandmother's names and it sounded really pretty I think. The reason I hadn't decided on a name on my second was because everyone swore I was carrying different even myself and we didn't have a sonogram to check, but I was going to have a girl according to everyone looking at me, shows how much they know, lol.

I can beat those "theme" names!! When I was pregnant with my son my DH really liked and wanted the name Ryder. I also like the name, but our last name is Wright. Yep,......Ryder Wright. We chose Colton instead. We are pretty sure we are done, but DH is a huge Red Sox fan and wants to name a boy Boston. It is growing on me!

That is funny Gill, I forgot there is a friend of the family who named all of her kids after someone on the television after she woke up. I remember that the oldest one is Brad, after The Young and the Restless, and the second, I can't remember his name, but it was after a Tom Cruise movie, when she told me that I died laughing.

jdavis said:

Hahaha, that is so cute... I know someone who named her little girl Storm. And another friend named her girl Journey. (They are both rather hippies..:))

Talkin about hippie names, I know a Winter, Whisper, Shim'ree, Raven, I know there are more that I am missing, lol.

My vote is LillianIt's my mother's name, actually she is Lilliana. We thought about naming our daughter Lily, but she looked like an Abby Grace, so that's her name and it fits her! My son is Christopher Martin (my maiden name was Martin) and I've always loved the name Christopher. Of course, when he went into 1st grade he told everyone to call him "Chris".

Coming up with the right name is so important - you'll know when you find the one that fits her! Good Luck!

Growing up in the 70's there were always 3-4 other Lisa's in my class. I hated to be called on in class, so got upset every time a teacher called on "Lisa". It usually wasn't me but always made me nervous!! I was determined that my children wouldn't have names that were real common but also not something so freaky they would be teased :)

I chose Kyla Elizabeth (now 16). MANY Kayla's when she was born so she got called that alot in the beginning.

My son is Colter Richardson (11). When I was pregnant, I read that Amy Grant named her son Garrison (middle name) since her husband's name was Gary and this was his son. I thought that was neat so with a husband named Richard....Richardson sounded nice. REALLY glad my husband wasn't named "Bubba"...Bubbason doesn't really have a great ring to it :D :D :D

We've heard of a couple Kyla's but have never heard of another Colter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • redsoxgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
merego
  • Poll
  • starrmarie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views