• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which GPS brand and model do you recommend?

not so much.The Magellan 3250 is a great product. It is very easy to use and the screen is very large. I don't like that the battery runs down quickly if the screen is on all the time, but my husband plugs it into the car charger. I would also change the menu system to be more user-friendly. Overall, I'm very happy with my Magellan 3250.

What's the best GPS system? (They're alphabetical)

• Garmin

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Magellen

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Tom-Tom

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Owners of GPS systems, I need your help. I'm looking into finally getting my own and I'm trying to decide which brand, and then which model, to purchase.

What brand/model do you have? What do you like about it? What do you not like about it? What would you change if you could.

I've used a Magellan but the model I used is not available. It was easy to use, but I've always found that menu-driven systems are easy to use at first but get clunky as you get to find your way around. That's the way the Magellan was that I used.

So help me out - what do I get?

Thanks!

My husband has a Tom Tom One for work. I'm highly irritated that it's so much cheaper now than when we bought it, but such is the story with most electronics!

It works great. We used it on our vacation last week. Battery power runs down pretty fast if you have the display on all the time, but he plugs it into the car charger. Ours is preprogrammed so you don't need to hook it to a computer. You can sync it with your cell phone service if you want to get real time traffic.

Magellan 3200. I love the larger screen, the volume, sleekness, it's user friendly and it has automated updates on traffic.

LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!

I had someone steal my credit card number (while the card was in my wallet with me-still not sure how it happened) and buy a Magellan 3200 using my stolen credit card number and then sold it on e-bay. When Capital one finally caught up with them, they said it worked great! :) I'd recommend using your own card to pay for it, however it's less hassle! :) I actually did the sleuthing and found the creep that used my card for his purchase, too... I wonder if that was the triangle, circle, or squiggle in me? (giggle)

We just bought the Tom Tom one....ok we got it before Thanksgiving so we paid about $100 to much, but...... I love it....it is small and easy to carry, it has gotten me to every house. One reason I love it is that it tells you the next two steps you are taking. For me that is wonderful. I hope you are happy with whatever brand you get!

We have a Garmin. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Got it last Christmas for my hubby. However, the update maps for 2008 are 80 bucks!!!

I have the bottom-of-the-line model of the Magellan and am very happy with it. I can't compare it to the others as I've not tried those. I can tell you that there are times she has no clue where we are (when we're in newer areas) and there are times when I wish she had more features 9when there's traffic) but for the basics, Maggie is ok.

I bought DH a Garmin last year for Christmas, right now I can't remember the model. Like someone else said the prices has come waaayy down. But we LOVE it! I would pay the higher price again- it's so easy to use. And believe me, DH & I are technology morons, so if we can use it anyone can. He's even updated the maps with no problems.
The only problem we have had, and it really isn't Garmin as all systems have this, is that our home street name is wrong so when we leave out it has our traveling time off. But as soon as we stop somewhere, we hit the update button and our ETA is right on! Traveling back home there is not a problem! So we just changed our home address to what is in the system to get rid of that problem!;)

Thanks for the info, Dh and I are going shopping perhaps today for one! I really like the Magellen larger screen too. But I like some of the voice commands tell you which street to turn on to. (Like "Right on Water Street") so that is high on my list for function.

I've been reading a lot of reviews and, of course, the one I really like, a Garmin, retails for about $1200 but the street price is around $950 - like I'd spend that much. :rolleyes:I'm looking very seriously at the Magellan 3250. FWIW, the lowest price I've found (so far) is at Amazon. It's "on sale" this weekend only, at Best Buy, if you order it online, but the price at Amazon is still about 75 dollars lower than Best Buy online.From what I've read, Magellan's support sucks and their website is not very easy to navigate. Garmin gets higher reviews for support but the Magellan gets the nod for usability. That's all that I've just found so far.

MY ED, AD. & Dir all have the Garmin (they paid about $600 & I don't know the model), but it is super easy to navigate. At conferences we have played w/ it and on the way to the airport. This is the one I would personally get if I could afford it.

I have the TomTom One, love it. I leave it plugged in, so never noticed how long the battery will last. Works great, easy to navigate, easy to sync to the computer as well.

Related to Which GPS brand and model do you recommend?

1. Which brand is the most reliable for GPS devices?

All three brands, Magellan, Garmin, and Tom-Tom, are known for their reliability and high-quality GPS devices. It ultimately comes down to personal preference and specific features that you are looking for in a GPS device.

2. Do all three brands offer lifetime map updates?

Yes, all three brands offer lifetime map updates for their GPS devices. This ensures that your device always has the most accurate and up-to-date maps available.

3. Are there any subscription fees for using Magellan, Garmin, or Tom-Tom GPS devices?

No, there are no subscription fees for using any of these GPS devices. However, you may need to purchase additional maps or services for your device at an extra cost.

4. Which brand offers the best customer support for their GPS devices?

All three brands have excellent customer support for their GPS devices. They offer various resources such as online manuals, troubleshooting guides, and customer service representatives to assist with any issues or questions.

5. Can I use a Magellan, Garmin, or Tom-Tom GPS device in any country?

Yes, all three brands offer international maps and support for their GPS devices. However, it is always recommended to check the specific device's compatibility with the country you plan to use it in before traveling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ragschef
Replies
Views
reba515
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC