• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ot: Which Baby Name Do You Like Better?

I just don't like the sound of Arthur.And - I just like the sound of Jack Robert better. So just curious which you guys like the sound of better.I think both are lovely. (My way of not getting in the middle of a "discussion" -lol) Good luck :)I picked Jack Robert, you could call him J.R. for short...if you like that... :)I didn't read the whole story but just because I have a coworker named Robert that drives me up a wall, I picked Arthur!I think since you evidently do not want anyone to even think you named the baby after your bio-father that Robert would be better. Stress to your

Pick a name

• Jack Arthur

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Jack Robert

Votes: 45 86.5%

• Total voters
redsoxgirl
If we have a boy, his name will be Jack. So far, it's Jack Arthur, but I'm not sold on it.

Robert was Eric's dad's first name and Arthur was his middle.
I like Robert a lot better, but for some reason Eric wants to go with Arthur.

I kind of don't like Arthur because it's my bio-father's middle name and I don't want there to be any questions about it.

And - I just like the sound of Jack Robert better.

So just curious which you guys like the sound of better.

I think both are lovely. (My way of not getting in the middle of a "discussion" -lol) Good luck :)

I picked Jack Robert, you could call him J.R. for short...if you like that... :)

I didn't read the whole story but just because I have a coworker named Robert that drives me up a wall, I picked Arthur!

I think since you evidently do not want anyone to even think you named the baby after your bio-father that Robert would be better. Stress to your husband how important that is to you and he will likely come around - after all it is the MIDDLE name...

(And I like Robert better anyway.:p)

vwpamperedchef said:
I picked Jack Robert, you could call him J.R. for short...if you like that... :)

That's my DD's initials!!! But being a girl, I dont' call her that!!!
Her intials are JRM, so my DS walks around calling her a "germ"! And he's so enjoying watching her just steam about it! Ughhhh!!! Big Brothers!:rolleyes: He's such a great kid, but dang he knows just what buttons to push, to get his sister to go over the edge! :grumpy:

Don't get me wrong. I can deal with Arthur - it's not that terrible to me.
And if we have a girl, her middle name will be from my side of the family, so I almost feel like I should give in with Arthur.

I'm mosre just curious what other people think.

Oh and I went with what you like Redsoxgirl!! Because you are his mother and you should go with what makes you happy. Yes, your DH's opinion matters, but he should understand the reasons why you would not want Arthur! There is no way I would have put my biological father's name in my son's name. In fact my DH didn't even want his name in there! I had wanted my hubby's name to be his middle name, but my hubby said "no." So we went with an original name, and my DS loves his name and says when he has a boy he is going to be Ryan Devan Jr.!

redsoxgirl said:
Don't get me wrong. I can deal with Arthur - it's not that terrible to me.
And if we have a girl, her middle name will be from my side of the family, so I almost feel like I should give in with Arthur.

I'm mosre just curious what other people think.

yeah! but I think that Robert is great too! And it is still naming him after DH's Dad! I would be honored if somone used my first name in their kid's name on purpose!

I voted for Jack Robert. Jack Arthur is a great name but JA_; what is the first initial of your last name? Could cause the boy some problems in the future. We all know how hurtful some kids can be. Like the JR idea.

It's H, so JAH wouldn't really be a big issue.

Thanks for you input everyone! I really appreciate it :)

You also might want to make sure that J + A + Your Last Name doesn't spell anything weird. These weren't concerns before everyone had email. A lot of companies, though, make you use your first initial + middle initial + last name for your email address. I can't think of anything J + A + something starting with an H might spell, but look it over carefully. Get creative with pronunciation.

That said, I think either name is very nice. Best wishes on your new little bundle of joy.

I just talked to him and he said Arthur was also his grandfather's middle name, so I guess I can give in to Arthur ;)

redsoxgirl said:
If we have a boy, his name will be Jack. So far, it's Jack Arthur, but I'm not sold on it.

Robert was Eric's dad's first name and Arthur was his middle.
I like Robert a lot better, but for some reason Eric wants to go with Arthur.

I kind of don't like Arthur because it's my bio-father's middle name and I don't want there to be any questions about it.

And - I just like the sound of Jack Robert better.

So just curious which you guys like the sound of better.

My father's name was Robert Arthur, and DH name is John Arthur (and his initials spell JAC) so sometimes I call him Jack. I also love Jack Henry as a boys name

Ahhh....the naming problem....I remember when we named our first son -- we couldn't decide on a 'short' first name (since our last name is long).

One day we were listening to Neil Diamond on the radio (yes, 1981) and we thought, well -- he will be born in April and the birthstone for that month is a Diamond, so why not?

Needless to say, the now 27 year old man is not amused that he is named after a senior-citizen's version of Usher.

Ha! We are crazy parents, for sure! :D

Oh, and which ever name you choose will be wonderful!

redsoxgirl said:
I just talked to him and he said Arthur was also his grandfather's middle name, so I guess I can give in to Arthur ;)

I gave in also w/ my 1st DS and used my dh's middle name (and his dad's and grandfathers before them.)
I still hate it.
BUT the way I see it is I don't need to call him by his whole name anyway.
It's very seldom that I ever even need to say it.

So I would say if its that important to your DH and it doesn't bother you then why not go with Arthur.
:)

Jack Arthur was my pick.

jwpamp said:
Ahhh....the naming problem....I remember when we named our first son -- we couldn't decide on a 'short' first name (since our last name is long).

One day we were listening to Neil Diamond on the radio (yes, 1981) and we thought, well -- he will be born in April and the birthstone for that month is a Diamond, so why not?

Needless to say, the now 27 year old man is not amused that he is named after a senior-citizen's version of Usher.

Ha! We are crazy parents, for sure! :D

Oh, and which ever name you choose will be wonderful!

So is he Neil or Diamond?:rolleyes:

vwpamperedchef said:

Oh, don't do that to the poor kid.

MissChef said:
That's my DD's initials!!! But being a girl, I dont' call her that!!!
Her intials are JRM, so my DS walks around calling her a "germ"! And he's so enjoying watching her just steam about it! Ughhhh!!! Big Brothers!:rolleyes: He's such a great kid, but dang he knows just what buttons to push, to get his sister to go over the edge! :grumpy:

At least now I know who could use my monogrammed luggage if something happened to me.

Both are nice. I picked Jack Robert. Anything but Jack Daniel. That's what one of my co-workers picked and the poor child had not even been in this world one whole day when the jokes started. He weighed just about 5lbs and someone said that he was just a "shot" at this point.

please don't hate me but the first thing i saw with Jack Robert was Jack Rabbit. Its late don't hate me LOL

Addie4TLC said:
Both are nice. I picked Jack Robert. Anything but Jack Daniel. That's what one of my co-workers picked and the poor child had not even been in this world one whole day when the jokes started. He weighed just about 5lbs and someone said that he was just a "shot" at this point.

But just think how smooth he'll be when he's 7 years old.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
But just think how smooth he'll be when he's 7 years old.

Or stiff....

See what a mean... Poor kid!! :)

My husband wanted one middle name & I wanted another. We compromised & gave her both!!

I like Jack Robert.

My Vote is Jack Robert.

I picked Jack Robert. I like the name Jack. I also like Jackson with Jack for short, but a good friend named her son Jackson which is why we didn't name our son Jackson ( jack).

I have a Kyle Patrick Lawrence and a Parker Aaron for my 2 boys and my dd is Regan Lindsey Names are hard, good luck :)

Related to Ot: Which Baby Name Do You Like Better?

1. What is the meaning behind the name "Ot"?

The name "Ot" is a shortened version of the name Otto, which is of German origin and means "wealth" or "prosperity".

2. Is "Ot" a popular name?

No, "Ot" is not a commonly used name. It is more unique and uncommon, making it a good choice for those looking for a less traditional name.

3. Can "Ot" be used as a nickname for another name?

Yes, "Ot" can be used as a nickname for names such as Otto, Otis, or Othello.

4. How do you pronounce the name "Ot"?

The name "Ot" is pronounced like "aht" with a short "o" sound.

5. What are some potential middle names for "Ot"?

Some potential middle names for "Ot" could be James, William, Alexander, Elizabeth, or Grace. Ultimately, the middle name should flow well with the first name and have personal significance to the parents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WLMcCoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
frozenchef
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
Replies