• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Snow Day! Fun and Pampered Chef in Oregon.

In summary, Oregon experienced heavy snowfall which started at 10:30 pm and continued until the next day. The snow was so heavy that it caused power outages, downed powerlines, and broken trees. Spokane experienced 18 inches of snow and had their first snow day in years. The snow was heavy and caused a lot of fun for the residents. Other areas in Washington also experienced snow, but not enough to cause a snow day.
lockhartkitchen
Oregon-In 10 minutes we had an inch on the ground; completely covered the ground by the time we walked the dog around the block. It was 10:30 at night and I was pulling my daughter's on a sled and having snowball fights. We're crossing our fingers for no school tomorrow. I'm a teacher and I want the day off too! It will give me time for PC and fun.

lockhartkitchen said:
Oregon-In 10 minutes we had an inch on the ground; completely covered the ground by the time we walked the dog around the block. It was 10:30 at night and I was pulling my daughter's on a sled and having snowball fights. We're crossing our fingers for no school tomorrow. I'm a teacher and I want the day off too! It will give me time for PC and fun.

We only have ICE out hear on the coast!!! :cry: now if it snowed I would be happy!!

Snow and -41c tonight with the wind chill:(

We've had 18 inches of snow in the 24 hours! From yesterday afternoon until this afternoon, with 2-3 more coming in tonight and 2-3 more tomorrow. By the next weekend they say we could have another 18 inches. We have the first snow day tomorrow in my kid's school district since 1996, when Spokane virtually shut down during an ice storm! My son was 7 months old when that happened. My husbands boss called and told him not to come in too. Power outages keep happening and ours has gone out a couple times but keeps coming back on! Thank God!:angel:
We had a plane skid off the runway, coming in from Portland! Everyone is okay though!
Downed powerlines, and broken trees. What happened is we were real cold for days then 2 storms joined over our area and just dumped on us. Then it warmed up for about 3-4 hours and mixed with rain, then it got cold again and snowed another 10-11 inches! So all of it is heavy snow. So it's weighing everything down and making for lots of fun out here!
Oh joy! :rolleyes:

Wow! Lots of snow in Spokane. I'm just happy with the few inches that close us down for a day. It's so pretty, then melts, then everything is back to normal. I love the quietness snow brings. Doplar shows other showers coming tonight. I love hearing what the weather is like around the nation (s) with Canada, too.

I was watching on the news last night that Spokane got dumped on. My DH called me last night around 8 pm and asked if we had any snow. I told him, I didn't think so, but I would look outside and let him know. Well, I'll be darned if we didn't have 2 inches (see what focusing on your business does. I helped I was home by myself:) ).

When I got up this morning we had 4-5 inches and I left for work early. It is absolutely beautiful. I love the snow.

We have 2.5 inches! Im SO excited! My boyfriend is a meterologist and he called me last night at 2 in the morning to tell me it was snowing:yuck: I guess he was excited too. He is also a math teacher by day and he doesnt have school either! Snow Day!:) :)

Last night we had gusts of wind it woke me up. They bumped school back 2 hrs today also. When I got up I had snow on my bedroom window,front door that had gotten blown one from the wind

We are bracing for that storm to hit us this afternoon. Right now we have crazy winds and the snow should be starting soon!

I live in WA and we got a little snow last night also. It is pretty, but not really enough to let the little ones go play. We don't get a snow day because it was already "records" day so school was already out. I want it to just "dump" because we love snow. Although I have a big party tomorrow so hopefully it won't effect that.
Enjoy your snow day everybody!

we were his with 4 inches over night and light fluries all day today. The drive to work was harsh but the sun is shining for the moment. Welcome to Reno, don't like the weather? Wait 5 minutes it will change :)

Well here we are at noon and it's -9 and a real feel of -29. Cold, cold! The kids don't go outside for recess if it's below zero but school would never get cancelled. Last week they cancelled our monthly PC meeting because of snow and cold - will they cancel again tonight? Looking forward to visiting family in FL in March.

Guess I should say I'm in Montana - God's Country

Last edited:
ughubug said:
Welcome to Reno, don't like the weather? Wait 5 minutes it will change :)
Ha, that's what we say about KS too! Today, it's 68 degrees; tomorrow the high's supposed to be 35. And a chance of snow on Thursday...:rolleyes:

lacychef said:
Ha, that's what we say about KS too! Today, it's 68 degrees; tomorrow the high's supposed to be 35. And a chance of snow on Thursday...:rolleyes:

LOL - that's what we say about Michigan too. Right now, it's 40 degrees and raining and all of our beautiful snow is melting rather quickly....but by Wednesday, it's supposed to be 20 and snowing again!

lockhartkitchen said:

Well everytime they call for snow we only get a dusting which is what we got. We do however have a lot of ice but Beaverton Schools were off today anyway so we didn't miss anything. We had enough snow for my son to "shovel" the walk and he felt really proud about that. Our snowman is only a foot tall. I'll have to take a picture of it because it is too comical. My DD (4) thought it was the coolest snowman ever. It doesn't take too much to please these former Californians.

lacychef said:
We are up to 50 today but expecting snow, winds and freezing temps tomorrow!:cry:

catlwilles said:
We are bracing for that storm to hit us this afternoon. Right now we have crazy winds and the snow should be starting soon!

My DH is driving to UT right now I told him he had to call me when he hit Wendover and then when he got to his moms house. I am on pins and needles. I did read the NV roads and the passes are open with no restrictions so that is good.

412683 said:
Well here we are at noon and it's -9 and a real feel of -29. Cold, cold! The kids don't go outside for recess if it's below zero but school would never get cancelled. Last week they cancelled our monthly PC meeting because of snow and cold - will they cancel again tonight? Looking forward to visiting family in FL in March.

Guess I should say I'm in Montana - God's Country

Where in Montana are you?

at our school the kids can play outside if its 12 or higher. I dropped my son off last week for school and he had to go inside it was 6 degrees at 12:00 (he is in Kindergarten)

Boy, I feel like a pansie here. I can't even imagine going outside and playing for recess at 12 degrees. We had 2 hour late delay today. Snow possibility tonight again.

School here in Astoria was canceled ... which really bit the big one... becasue when the schools here close my daughter's daycare also closes as well. Which if I didn't work for my parents it would put me in a big bind.Though we had fun today..... I took her shopping so I guess that was worth it... She lost her glasses after only having them two weeks so I had to go buy her new ones. :(

Related to Snow Day! Fun and Pampered Chef in Oregon.

1. What is "Snow Day! Fun and Pampered Chef in Oregon"?

"Snow Day! Fun and Pampered Chef in Oregon" is a special event organized by Pampered Chef in partnership with local Oregon consultants. It is a fun day filled with food, cooking demonstrations, and activities for the whole family to enjoy.

2. When and where will "Snow Day! Fun and Pampered Chef in Oregon" take place?

The event will take place on [date] at [location]. Please check our website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

3. Is there an admission fee for "Snow Day! Fun and Pampered Chef in Oregon"?

No, the event is free to attend. However, there may be additional costs for purchasing products or participating in certain activities.

4. Can anyone attend "Snow Day! Fun and Pampered Chef in Oregon" or do I need to be a Pampered Chef customer?

The event is open to everyone, whether you are a current Pampered Chef customer or not. We welcome anyone who is interested in delicious food and having a fun time!

5. Will there be opportunities to purchase Pampered Chef products at "Snow Day! Fun and Pampered Chef in Oregon"?

Yes, there will be a variety of Pampered Chef products available for purchase at the event. Our consultants will also be available to answer any questions and help you with any orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gina M
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies