• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Small Orders, Big Problem: Should I Combine Shipping?

In summary, Rennea is struggling with how to handle large orders and small orders. She is considering combining orders to save on shipping, but is also considering how to treat her customers.
rennea
Gold Member
I used to always have people who placed big orders but lately not so much. Everyone seems to wanting to place small orders and I mean small!! This week alone I have had three phone calls one person wanted paring knives while the other two ordered just twixit clips. The major problem is the shipping charge. Should I be nice and put these orders in together? I know it's not a good idea for warrenty.:rolleyes:

I don't know what to do on this, either - a gal said she needed to get ab adjustment for a mini serving spatula that broke. She thought she bought it 14 years ago for $25 and it had a lifetime warranty!

I showed her that it was $4 in the catalog, and explained that only forged cutlery & cookware has a lifetime warranty. She wants to buy one but $4 shipping is as much as the item costs!

Rennea, for me it depends on the relationship I have with the customer. I have several customers who are friends. They call periodically to order one or two things. This is in addition to the buying they do at parties. Since I know they'll turn to me if they have any warranty issues, I won't hesitate to combine their orders to save shipping.On the other hand, if it's an out-of-the-blue call from someone I don't know, I don't combine. I do explain the shipping cost. Sometimes that causes them to add an item or two to make it worth the shipping. I usually have a party transmitting soon enough that I can add their order and collect the products from the host. Delivering the products gives me a chance to meet the person and possibly create a relationship.Make sense?

I would say because it's only paring knives and twix-its, that the warranty issue isn't really that big of deal. I would combine them. If they were bigger items, then I would want to make sure that they have their own receipt.

I add that kind of order to someone else's. I consider that customer service.

I have had orders on my web site (my turn on the lead system - lol) who have ordered one citrus peeler or other very small ticket items and paid the direct shipping. Over $7 for a citrus peeler? And they did not give contact information. All they wanted was that one $0.75 item. Hello?? Call me (they can get our information before ordering). Even if I had to mail it the cost would be so less than $6.:eek:

You gotta wonder about some people...

Thanks ladies for the advice. I think what I will do is start putting in one order a month with all the "small" orders on it.

1. What is the benefit of combining shipping on small orders?

Combining shipping on small orders can save you money by reducing the overall shipping cost. It also helps to reduce the carbon footprint by minimizing the number of packages being shipped.

2. How do I know if my orders are eligible for combined shipping?

Orders are eligible for combined shipping if they are being shipped to the same address and are being shipped by the same carrier. You can check this information by reviewing the shipping details for each individual order.

3. Can I still receive free shipping if I combine my small orders?

Yes, as long as the total combined order meets the minimum purchase amount for free shipping. However, if the combined order does not meet the minimum, you will be charged the standard shipping rate for the total weight of the package.

4. How do I request combined shipping for my small orders?

To request combined shipping, you can either contact our customer service team or leave a note in the comments section during checkout. Our team will then review your orders and apply the appropriate shipping discount.

5. Are there any restrictions for combining shipping on small orders?

Yes, there are some restrictions for combined shipping on small orders. Items that are oversized or require special handling may not be eligible for combined shipping. Additionally, orders being shipped to multiple addresses will not qualify for combined shipping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sjspchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Adrian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • Lisa/ChefBear