• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Slow-Cooker Recipes: Easy & Delicious Meals for Busy Nights

In summary, the conversation revolved around sharing slow cooker recipes. One person mentioned their family's favorite, Chicken Marsala, while another recommended a cookbook with various slow cooker recipes. Others also shared their favorite recipes such as Hungarian Goulash, Slow Cooker Chili, Hot Chicken Sandwiches, Lemon Garlic Chicken, and Pot Roast with Coca-Cola. The Pot Roast recipe involves browning the roast and adding dry onion soup mix, condensed cream of mushroom soup, and Coca-Cola to the crock pot. It can be served with veggies and mashed potatoes.
letscook04
Gold Member
I just bought a slow cooker and I need some good recipes;)

My family's favorite is Chicken Marsala2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 10-ounce package white mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup Marsala wine
2 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
1/4 cup heavy creamIn a medium skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the mushrooms and salt and saute until the mushrooms are browned, approximately 5 minutes. Drain off any liquid and set mushrooms aside.Grease the slow cooker crock with the butter (leave excess in the crock). In the crock, stir together the marsala and tapioca. Add the chicken pieces and the pepper, and top off with the cooked mushrooms.Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, stirring once during cooking. Before serving, mix in chives and heavy cream, stirring to combine.If you like, garnish each serving with some shredded mozzarella cheese. Serve with a portion of low-carb spaghetti and a green salad.(This is from The Everyday Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. I use this cookbook all the time and the recipes are all very yummy.)

you will find a ton of recipes online. I am too lazy to type up my faves.

This is my favorite crock pot cook book! http://www.amazon.com/dp/1561483176/?tag=pfamazon01-20

we love
Hungarian Goulash Pg 101
Slow cooker chili pg 39
Hot chicken sandwiches pg 194
Lemon garlic chicken pg 181
supper in a dish pg 115

and many more!

paroese said:
My family's favorite is Chicken Marsala

2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 10-ounce package white mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup Marsala wine
2 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
1/4 cup heavy cream

In a medium skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the mushrooms and salt and saute until the mushrooms are browned, approximately 5 minutes. Drain off any liquid and set mushrooms aside.

Grease the slow cooker crock with the butter (leave excess in the crock). In the crock, stir together the marsala and tapioca. Add the chicken pieces and the pepper, and top off with the cooked mushrooms.

Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, stirring once during cooking. Before serving, mix in chives and heavy cream, stirring to combine.

If you like, garnish each serving with some shredded mozzarella cheese. Serve with a portion of low-carb spaghetti and a green salad.

(This is from The Everyday Low-Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. I use this cookbook all the time and the recipes are all very yummy.)

That sounds really good! Thank you for sharing!!:)

I had posted this on another thread but cannot repeat the recipe enough for anyone who has never tried it!

I have "adopted" a new recipe for Pot Roast in my CP that I LOVE...it makes its own gravy and it's just too yummy. I pick up a chuck roast from the store and then pick a day for that week when I know I need a "fix it and forget it" meal...and with the colder weather around the corner I know I'll make this one pretty often!

Lightly brown the roast on both sides in a skillet on your stovetop. I use pepper to add a little flavor while I'm browning.
Move the roast to the crock pot and add:
1 packet of dry onion soup mix (I've been using beefy onion)
2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups of Coca-Cola (I'm sure you could use "any" cola drink)

Set on low for 11 hours. Serve with veggies and mashed potatoes, and hot biscuits! If you want, add sliced carrots and potato chunks to the mix when you are setting it up in the morning, and that way your potatos and veggies are already cooked, too. Mmm. Good stuff.

sklay723 said:
I had posted this on another thread but cannot repeat the recipe enough for anyone who has never tried it!

I have "adopted" a new recipe for Pot Roast in my CP that I LOVE...it makes its own gravy and it's just too yummy. I pick up a chuck roast from the store and then pick a day for that week when I know I need a "fix it and forget it" meal...and with the colder weather around the corner I know I'll make this one pretty often!

Lightly brown the roast on both sides in a skillet on your stovetop. I use pepper to add a little flavor while I'm browning.
Move the roast to the crock pot and add:
1 packet of dry onion soup mix (I've been using beefy onion)
2 cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups of Coca-Cola (I'm sure you could use "any" cola drink)

Set on low for 11 hours. Serve with veggies and mashed potatoes, and hot biscuits! If you want, add sliced carrots and potato chunks to the mix when you are setting it up in the morning, and that way your potatos and veggies are already cooked, too. Mmm. Good stuff.

I make my pot roast in the oven with onion soup mix. ummm, I will try this recipe next time in my new CP. Thanks..:)

Here is a dessert...

Caramel Rice Pudding

3 cups cooked white rice
1/2 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Spray inside of 2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.

2. Mix all ingredients except sugar and cinnamon in cooker.

3. Cover and cook on low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Stir pudding.

4. Sprinkle pudding with sugar and cinnamon. Serve warm.

(in a pinch, start with white rice bought from the chinese rest)

Laura420 said:
Here is a dessert...

Caramel Rice Pudding

3 cups cooked white rice
1/2 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 tablespoon sugar

1. Spray inside of 2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.

2. Mix all ingredients except sugar and cinnamon in cooker.

3. Cover and cook on low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Stir pudding.

4. Sprinkle pudding with sugar and cinnamon. Serve warm.

(in a pinch, start with white rice bought from the chinese rest)

Sounds yummy..
Already cooked rice and it does not get mushy?

No. Amazingly... I had thought the same thing, wierd right?
I like the pudding a little creamier, so I dont wait for all the liquid to get absorbed...

Ok - NO recipe for ya Coll (cause I don't have one of those things yet) but I will gladly come over and try the recipes with ya sista!!! How is the 16th?? LOL!!!!

here is another sweet one (I am a dessert freak!)

Praline Apple Crisp

6 medium-size crisp tart apples, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup toffee bits
Ice cream, if desired

DIRECTIONS
1. Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix apples and cinnamon to coat. Place in slow cooker.

2. In medium bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, flour and butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Stir in pecans and toffee bits. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over apples.

3. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours. Serve apple crisp with ice cream.

Island Kielbasa:

2 lbs Kielbasa, sliced into 1/2" pieces
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups ketchup
1 (15 oz.) can pineapple chunks, undrained

Directions:

1. Place the Kielbasa, ketchup, sugar and pineapple in the slow cooker and mix together.

2. Cook on low setting for 5-6 hours, until kielbasa is cooked through.

PamperedDor said:
Ok - NO recipe for ya Coll (cause I don't have one of those things yet) but I will gladly come over and try the recipes with ya sista!!! How is the 16th?? LOL!!!!

REally?? "Set it & forget it" lol Hey Dor with all your running around you need to get one!!!;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's why people got bored at my shows, I'm a slow cooker.

I had a feeling that you would of high jacked my thred!! LOL

letscook04 said:
I had a feeling that you would of high jacked my thred!! LOL

Apparently, I'm a slow hijacker, too.

What are the benefits of cooking with a slow cooker?

Slow cookers are a convenient and efficient way to prepare meals. They allow for hands-free cooking, as you can simply add all the ingredients and let it cook for several hours. This is perfect for busy nights when you don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. Additionally, slow cookers use less energy than traditional ovens, making them more cost-effective. The long, slow cooking process also helps to tenderize meats and develop richer flavors in dishes.

Can I use a slow cooker to make desserts?

Yes, slow cookers are not just for making savory dishes. You can use them to make delicious desserts as well. Some popular slow cooker desserts include cobblers, bread pudding, and even cakes. Just be sure to use a slow cooker-safe dish and adjust cooking times accordingly.

Do I need to brown meat before adding it to the slow cooker?

While it is not necessary, browning meat before adding it to the slow cooker can enhance the flavor and texture of the dish. Browning helps to caramelize the surface of the meat, adding depth to the overall flavor. It also helps to seal in juices, resulting in a more tender and juicy end result.

Can I put frozen ingredients in the slow cooker?

It is generally not recommended to put frozen ingredients directly into the slow cooker. This can result in uneven cooking and increase the risk of foodborne illness. It is best to thaw ingredients before adding them to the slow cooker. If you are short on time, you can use the defrost setting on your microwave to safely thaw ingredients.

How do I prevent my slow cooker from overcooking my food?

One way to prevent overcooking is to make sure you are using the correct size slow cooker for your recipe. If the slow cooker is too large, the food may cook too quickly. You can also try using a programmable slow cooker with a timer, so you can set the exact cooking time and temperature. Finally, avoid opening the lid too often, as this can release heat and extend the cooking time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sandra Stidston
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jbachen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jbachen
  • AJPratt