• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Slice Potatoes Into French Fries

In summary, to slice potatoes into french fries using the Slice N' Serve®, wash and peel the potatoes, insert them into the slicer, push down on the handle, and use a knife to cut the strips into desired length. The Simple Slicer can also be used to make french fries by adjusting the thickness setting, inserting the potato, and pushing down on the handle. To achieve crispy french fries with the Crinkle Cutter, slice the potatoes, soak them in cold water, pat dry, and fry in hot oil. The best type of potato to use for french fries is a russet potato. Pampered Chef tools can also be used to make sweet potato fries by slicing them and following the same steps as regular fries.
TriciaAnn
Someone asked me if PC had a product that would slice potatoes into french fries. Should I suggest the Ulitmate Slice and Grate? What would you suggest if anything? HELP !! :confused:

What about the crinkle cutter?

3 items I suggested...1. Crinkle Cutter
2. U S & G
3. Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer

I make baked fries with the us&g once or twice a week. I just use the julienne slicer attachment, toss with a little olive oil and salt, and bake on the round stone for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. These are so awesome! I don't turn them or anything and they turn out perfect every time! I use this as a demo at shows, too! :)

The Apple Wedger is great for home fries! Use it just like you would on an apple. Just cut the middle (core of the potato) into two wedges and you have even fries to cook. And of course, don't forget to toss them with a PC seasoning! :)

I don't use the US&G for fries because the julienne blade makes them too thin. But the apple corer slicer is great when you leave the peel on. I find that unless you have a bag of potatoes that are perfectly rounded on the outside, peeling them is tough! Hope that helps!

1. How do I slice potatoes into french fries using the Slice N' Serve®?

To slice potatoes into french fries using the Slice N' Serve®, start by washing and peeling the potatoes. Then, insert the potato into the slicer and push down on the handle to slice the potato into thin strips. Finally, use a knife to cut the strips into desired french fry length.

2. Can I use the Simple Slicer to make french fries?

Yes, the Simple Slicer can be used to make french fries. Simply adjust the thickness setting to the desired size, insert the potato, and push down on the handle to slice the potato into uniform strips.

3. How do I achieve perfectly crispy french fries using the Crinkle Cutter?

To achieve perfectly crispy french fries using the Crinkle Cutter, slice the potatoes into desired thickness using the cutter. Then, soak the potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes to remove excess starch. Pat the potatoes dry and fry them in hot oil until crispy.

4. What is the best type of potato to use for making french fries?

The best type of potato to use for making french fries is a russet potato. They have a high starch content and low moisture, making them perfect for achieving crispy fries.

5. Can I make sweet potato fries using Pampered Chef tools?

Yes, you can make sweet potato fries using Pampered Chef tools. The Simple Slicer or Crinkle Cutter can be used to slice the sweet potatoes into desired thickness. Follow the same steps as making regular french fries for perfectly crispy sweet potato fries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Usafwife10
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies