• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Six Stitches in My Thumb and a Show on Thursday

In summary, Deb was being really dumb this morning and put a knife in her thumb. She ended up going to the ER and has stitches. She's worried about her upcoming show, where she will have her guests do the recipe she made safe with fake stitches.
DebbieJ
I was being really, really dumb this morning and ended up putting a knife in my thumb. Yes, the pampered chef of the house was exercising bad knife skills.

I know have six stitches and it hurts like h*ll. I have a show on Thursday, my last of the month. This should be fun....

I already know I'll have the guests do it all. I've done this recipe before that way and it worked out great. It's also a great crowd so I'm sure they'll understand.

Now off to go take some Tylenol with Codeine. :)

Actually, that's a great way to get the tools into their hands. And we all know that once they use them, they'll want them.

Maybe you should wear fake stitches at all your shows...
:)

:eek: My husband keeps telling me PC is going to cut a finger off if I do not get use to using our new knives!

Ouch!! That's too bad, Deb. Did you know right away you had to go to the ER? I hope your show goes well. Try to put as positive spin on it as you can. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

My only two accidents have been with knives. The utility knife from each line.:eek:

Good luck at your party Deb...my director warned me about our forged cutlery!!My only accident was last year when I was shooting my boyfriend's rifle and it kicked a little more than I thought it would...and I guess I didnt have a great grip on it...well needless to say it kicked back and the scope hit my forehead and I have 6 internal stiches and 8 external stiches in a vertical line between my eyes for Halloween!! Be happy that it isn't in as noticeable of a spot! :)

chefann said:
Actually, that's a great way to get the tools into their hands. And we all know that once they use them, they'll want them.

Maybe you should wear fake stitches at all your shows...
:)

That's a great idea! I mean about the getting tools in their hands, not faking stitches...:rolleyes:

well, they should believe you when you talk about how wonderfully sharp our knives are!!!

It actually wasn't with one of the PC knives--it was a Wusthof 9" slicer.

Yes, I knew right away I would have to go. It was too deep. Yuck. DH works from home but was still asleep, so I woke him up to watch ds and off I went.

If I talk about it at all at my show, it will be to educate them on knife safety! I was cutting towards me--a BIG BIG BIG no no. Lesson learned.

Related to Six Stitches in My Thumb and a Show on Thursday

1. What happened to your thumb and how did you get six stitches?

I was chopping vegetables for a recipe and accidentally sliced my thumb with a knife. It was a deep cut that required six stitches to close it up.

2. Will the injury affect your ability to perform at the show on Thursday?

I am currently recovering from the injury, but I have been cleared by my doctor to perform at the show. I will take necessary precautions to ensure my thumb is protected during the performance.

3. Do you have any special accommodations or restrictions for the show due to your injury?

I will have a bandage and protective covering on my thumb during the show. I may also have to modify my usual cooking techniques to avoid putting too much pressure on my injured thumb.

4. Will the show still go on as planned despite your injury?

Yes, the show will go on as scheduled. I have been practicing and preparing for this performance for weeks and I am determined to still put on a great show for all of you.

5. How can we support you during your recovery and at the show?

Your support and understanding are greatly appreciated during this time. If you are attending the show, please be mindful of my injury and give me some space to perform safely. Your well wishes and kind words are also greatly appreciated as I heal and continue to share my passion for cooking with you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• maestraMichelle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • dianevill
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • jrstephens