• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Signed, Frustrated MemberHelp for Frustrated Member - Sign-in Troubles

In summary, members have been experiencing difficulties opening files on the website lately. Some have to sign in multiple times or encounter errors when trying to open files. Suggestions include clearing cache and cookies, downloading files again, and contacting the website administrator for help. Some members have also noticed changes in how files are opened on their computer. It is recommended to check for updates and clear cache and cookies to resolve these issues.
reesefamily5
Hello,

I am a member and have paid the fee a while ago but everytime I try to open a file lately it won't let me. Does anyone have a suggestion for me?

Also does everyone else have to sign in 3 or 4 times or everytime you go to a new screen? I find that pretty annoying!

Thanks,

No, and No!!! I don't know what is going on. Hope someone knows that can help you!

No I don't have that problem. I would send Greg a PM. I'm sure he will do his best to fix the problem for you.

maybe it has something to do with your software to open files ex-some files require adobe or microsoft word.

I never used to have problems with opening files, only the last while I can't. I hope to figure this out soon because I have gotten so many useful ideas from the files here.

it doesnt automatically open the file for me when I click on the attachment either and sometimes I can see it and other times it doesnt work

Tina, I've been having the same problems! I can open everything but the word files. I used to have no problem with anything! My husband & I have separate log ins on our computer & I have no problem opening anything when I log on to his part of the computer, but not on my part. It's really annoying!

Downloading the file frequently solves this problem of not being able to open files. Also try clearing out your cache and your cookies and then rebooting your system.

tlennhoff said:
Downloading the file frequently solves this problem of not being able to open files. Also try clearing out your cache and your cookies and then rebooting your system.

Can you please explain these processes? I am totally uncomputer savvy and I think I need to do this because lately too I have not been able to open any files, word or PDF when I was always able to do so until last week or so.

What I've encountered, is I cannot open pdf files anymore.

Trish

Trish- did you download the reader at www.adobe.com again? It might help!

Lately the docs - both word and pdf - are opening differently. I think he did an upgrade and as a result some can no longer open docs, etc. I would email him and let him know what's happening so he can figure out where the problem is. Sometimes upgrades create way more problems than what they enhance. I think that's why the site has been down so much lately.

I am sure Greg is working hard to make us all happy but TELL him your specific problems so he can build a data base of the problem and then he'll be able to see the problem.

How do you email him? I'm so glad others have been having problems because I thought something was wrong with my computer!

In order to download files from Chef Success right-click over the file name, select "save target as", make sure you note where it is saving the file, and then open it from that location after it is done downloading. Also download adobe again or check for updates.

tlennhoff said:
In order to download files from Chef Success right-click over the file name, select "save target as", make sure you note where it is saving the file, and then open it from that location after it is done downloading. Also download adobe again or check for updates.

I used to be able to just left click on it to view it. Then if I wanted to keep it in my personal files I could save it. My problems are downloading word documents, but I have word & I haven't done anything to my computer lately with program changes or anything.

Sometimes these problems happen. Have you cleared your cache and cookies and rebooted your computer? That is where I would start. My system has changed how it handles files twice in the last week for no apparent reason. It used to open the file in a browser window, then it opened the application (word or adobe) and opened the file in that, and now it bounces back and forth between opening it in a browser window and starting the application. Computers are weird and sometimes changes happen without us realizing we've done anything.

tlennhoff said:
Sometimes these problems happen. Have you cleared your cache and cookies and rebooted your computer? That is where I would start. My system has changed how it handles files twice in the last week for no apparent reason. It used to open the file in a browser window, then it opened the application (word or adobe) and opened the file in that, and now it bounces back and forth between opening it in a browser window and starting the application. Computers are weird and sometimes changes happen without us realizing we've done anything.

My husbande cleaned out the cookies thingie so now I can download files again! But it's strange that it triggered this for alot of people!?

I went to clear the cookies, which I just did recently. But I absolutely cannot remember how to do it! Help!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I went to clear the cookies, which I just did recently. But I absolutely cannot remember how to do it! Help!

What browser and what version are you using?

pamperedgirl3 said:

Go to: Tools, Internet options, delete cookies..:)

Related to Signed, Frustrated MemberHelp for Frustrated Member - Sign-in Troubles

1. Why am I having trouble signing in to my Pampered Chef account?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure you are entering the correct email address and password associated with your account. If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the "Forgot Password" link on the sign-in page. If you are still having trouble, it could be a technical issue. Please reach out to our customer service team for further assistance.

2. How do I reset my password?

To reset your password, click on the "Forgot Password" link on the sign-in page. You will be prompted to enter your email address and then follow the instructions in the email that will be sent to you. If you do not receive the email, please check your spam folder or contact our customer service team for assistance.

3. Can I change the email address associated with my account?

Yes, you can change the email address associated with your account by going to the "My Account" section on our website. From there, click on "Account Information" and then click on the "Edit" button next to your current email address. Enter your new email address and click "Save" to update it.

4. I'm having trouble placing an order. What should I do?

If you are having trouble placing an order, please make sure you are logged into your account. If you are still having difficulties, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. How can I become a member of Pampered Chef?

To become a member of Pampered Chef, you can sign up on our website or contact a consultant directly. As a member, you will have access to exclusive discounts, special offers, and other benefits. You can also host a party to earn free products and discounts. Contact a consultant for more information on how to become a member.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TrishPCMommy
  • urbnk8