• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Showing off Cookware Without a Stove or Oven

In summary, a consultant shares her idea of hosting a mini vendor fair with swanky city ladies, and mentions the address of the event. There is a discussion about wanting bookings and using a burner for cooking. The consultant suggests doing an ice cube demo to showcase the even distribution of heat in cookware. The party is planned to be held on a rooftop and the idea is well-received. The consultant also shares her experience at the event, including low attendance but good sales and potential partnerships with the host. She also mentions a unique party idea at a bar.
chefkathy
Hit me with your ideas.Have a mini vendor fair with a bunch of swanky city ladies tonight. (the address is 3500 N. Lake Shore Dr for those of you who know Chicago)Want bookings for Sept of course!

Do you have a burner? If not, they're like $10 at Wally world.

yes, but I'm not sure I'll have electricity.

Take one piece from each set - maybe a 10" saute pan in one and the family skillet in the other - and a SA bowl. Do the ice cube demo. It wouldn't be too hard to bring a small cooler with plenty of ice cubes so that there are at least 3 big ones left by the time you need it.

DebbieJ said:
The party is up on the rooftop.

Okay, gotcha!! I second the ice cube demo. :)

How fun! What a neat place to have a mini vendor fair - up on the rooftop. I think the ice cube demo is a good one.:)

please explain the ice cube--demo--to me

So Deb, how'd it go?

Morfia,
The ice demo is simply where you put a ice cube in a pan (saute, it's easier to bring) and then walk in front of all the guests and let them feel the pan. They'll feel the bottom of the pan usually but let the feel the sides. That's when you talk about the even distribution of heat.

Here's how I do the ice cube demo: I put one cube in the SS pan, one in the Exec pan and one in a SA bowl. A few minutes later the two in the pans will be totally melted and the one in the bowl will be pretty much still intact. Then pass the 2 pans around so they can feel how cold the whole pans are - talking about how well and how quickly they conduct heat.

It's very WOW.

It's done on one of the interactive demos in the video we got last year.

There is a video showing this on CC. Look under "Now more than ever" and it has Teresa Brown, Jillian Grant and darn...I can not think of the other consultant. It is show under "selling" with Teresa or the mystery consultant I can not think of!! A mind is a terrible thing to lose!!!:cry:

Jennifer Soto.

YES! Thank you!! I really liked these clips and ran them while I was alone at work.

pampmomof3 said:
So Deb, how'd it go?
it was fun, but it was poorly attended. I was told 20 people were coming, and she had maybe 5 that weren't the other vendors. there were three other vendors--a makeup lady, a hair piece lady (synthetic hair--think Jessica Simpson), and an energy drink lady. I think I had the most sales.With four orders, we're at 418.75. :) I know there is at least one more order to come. No bookings, no leads, so bummer on that. But I think I made some good connections here. They are all part of a very hip magnet school and they have lots of events throughout the year. The host (who is a teacher at the school) and I are already talking about how we can partner for a family night where 80 families are invited and turn out is usually very good. It was a fun night up on the roof. Look one way and you could see the lake, look the other way and you could see Wrigley Field.

good thing it wasn't the night before----

Wow, Deb, not a bad show for that many people!! Sounds like a good group to get hooked up with.:)

How fun to do a rooftop show!!! One of my best friends lives downtown and is probably going to do a show for me.....at a bar!! How funny. She's going to do it with a theme like "Martinis and Manicures....Come Get Pampered" or something like that. We'll see how THAT goes!

That's a great show Deb with only 4 orders! Great Job!

So, inquiring minds want to know, did you do the ice cube demo?

Nope, no ice cube demo. I really didn't have all their attention to do the demo. We did the salad chopper salsa and I just kind of passed it around to get them to help out. They were chatting, drinking, eating, looking at pictures (the teacher was in South Africa all summer), so it was very low key.

1. How can I show off my cookware without using a stove or oven?

There are a few different ways to showcase your cookware without cooking on a stove or in an oven. You can use it as decoration in your kitchen, display it on a wall or shelf, or host a cooking demonstration using alternative heat sources like a grill or hot plate.

2. Is it safe to display cookware without actually using it?

Yes, it is perfectly safe to display your cookware without using it. Just make sure to keep it clean and free of dust. You can also use it for non-cooking purposes, such as serving snacks or holding utensils.

3. What are some creative ways to display cookware?

You can hang your cookware on a wall or from a ceiling rack, use it as a centerpiece on a dining table, or arrange it on open shelving. You can also incorporate it into your kitchen decor by displaying it on a decorative tray or using it as a plant holder.

4. Can I use other types of heat sources to cook with my Pampered Chef cookware?

Yes, Pampered Chef cookware is designed to be versatile and can be used with a variety of heat sources, including gas and electric stoves, ovens, grills, and even campfires. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for each specific type of cookware.

5. How can I make my cookware display more visually appealing?

There are a few ways to make your cookware display more visually appealing. You can group items of similar colors or styles together, incorporate other decorative elements such as plants or artwork, or add lighting to highlight your cookware. You can also play with different heights and textures to create a more dynamic display.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Jennie50