• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show for My Previous Product Line???

In summary, a former jewelry consultant who was successful when commissions were 10 percent higher than PC now has two shows in 2007 and both are difficult to meet the show minimum. She is considering hosting another jewelry party but is not sure if she should give it to her former director or do it herself. Directors cannot be a part of any other direct sale company and if their day job is (non-direct) sales, they cannot host a party.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

Once upon a time, I sold costume jewelry. It was a profitable business ... when I could get someone to book a show. In other words, the commission was 10 percent higher than PC, but it got to the point where I had like 2 shows in all of 2007, and both of them were like pulling teeth to meet the show minimum.

Well, a few weeks ago, I ran into someone who was one of my best hostesses. Her mother and sister also booked shows (which never materialized.) She had two pieces of broken jewelry she wanted to exchange, and I offered to send it in with some of mine. We chatted about it and she said that now that the weather is warming up, she'd be interested in having another jewelry party.

Should I just give this one to my former director (who is a friend of mine) or do it? I was thinking of doing it just because money is money, money that could be used for PC National Conference! Of course, I'd have to borrow the books and maybe some current jewelry from my director, but she'd be only too happy to do it so she'd have another active recruit under her again!

When I signed up for PC, I DID say I wasn't quitting ... just that I didn't have time to actively work two businesses ....

If you aren't a Director, I'd say go ahead and do it.

Do what you feel is best. You are not a director so you don't have an obligation to do only PC.I do know that I don't hear of people being successful trying to focus on more than one company.If PC is your focus stay there. If you can't maintain that focus or feel odd doing this, pass the show on. If you feel you can do both fine, then do it.That's kind of a wishy-washy answer but only you know what is best for you!

Well, I'm sort of wishy-washy so it works for me!So directors can't sell anything else, huh? What if their day job is (non-direct) sales?When I had this show I was doing well ... and at over $600, she was my best hostess ever. Of course, you see at the left what my best show is after less than 6 months in PC, so I know which is easier to sell.That was like 2 years ago ... with 3 bookings. Only one of those actually held and fell far, far short of the show minimum. And that was BEFORE they raised the show minimum from $150 to $250.My business took a nosedive after that. It took away one of my prime booking tools ... the concept that "it doesn't have to be a big party," only to find the hostess pleasantly surprised when the show exceeds her best expectations.So now ... I have no intention of sticking with the jewelry business ... it is far more work than I have time for, and except for this lady, the jewelry just didn't resonate with people I knew. But I figure one party can't hurt and the extra $100 or more could go a long way toward my conference fund. If there are any booking or recruit leads, I'll let my director deal with 'em. She needs them more than me, anyway!

That is a good plan - do the good show and pass the bookings on...Directors sign a contract that they can't be a part of any other direct sale company. Most FT jobs don't fit that classification.

Hmmm ... I didn't know that. That explains why my director was so interested in knowing whether I'd continue to sell the jewelry, a question I honestly could not answer when I signed up. When I sold jewelry, one consultant on the team also sold Avon, another sold Mary Kay, and the reasoning was that the product lines did not conflict so there wasn't a problem. The leaders didn't sell other lines, but most had sold others in their time. I think it's just a natural progression that you really don't have time to actively promote two businesses to the best of your ability, especially when you're leading others as well.The reason I would pass the bookings on is that I honestly don't have time to chase them all down. None of them materialized last time, and I think that's because I didn't have time to keep calling and calling and calling.

Related to Show for My Previous Product Line???

1. What is the purpose of a "Show for My Previous Product Line"?

The purpose of a "Show for My Previous Product Line" is to showcase and demonstrate the products from a previous product line to potential customers. This is a great opportunity for customers to see and try out the products before making a purchase.

2. How do I request a "Show for My Previous Product Line"?

To request a "Show for My Previous Product Line", you can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or host a show yourself. You can also contact our customer service team for assistance in scheduling a show.

3. Is there a minimum purchase requirement for a "Show for My Previous Product Line"?

No, there is no minimum purchase requirement for a "Show for My Previous Product Line". However, the more products your guests purchase, the more rewards you can earn as a host.

4. Can I earn free products or discounts from a "Show for My Previous Product Line"?

Yes, as a host of a "Show for My Previous Product Line", you can earn free products and discounts based on the total sales from your show. Your Pampered Chef consultant can provide more details about the host rewards program.

5. Can I customize the products featured in a "Show for My Previous Product Line"?

Yes, you can work with your Pampered Chef consultant to customize the products featured in your "Show for My Previous Product Line". They can help you choose products that align with your interests and needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • cat
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
SillyChef
  • dancedivine