• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Share My Realtor Database with My SIL?

In summary, the author is a woman who took a break from her job to draft letters for fundraising and to realtors. She found it difficult to charge for her work because her SIL is always trying to do things the easy way. She is indecisive about what to do because she is afraid of hurting her SIL's feelings.
tvwalsh72
Hey ladies,

Here is the situation. I had to take Dec, Jan, and most of Feb off because my hubby coaches basketball - we just didn't want to pay a sitter for me to go out and do shows. Anyway, I took that time to draft letters for fundraisers and to realtors. I researched organizations and realtors in our area (which is very large because I know of no consultants north of me). It took me a really long time to research the realtors, figure out how to use a database, input the info, make labels and print.

My SIL sells Lia Sophia and At Home America. She just started the At Home America in March. She was at her LS sales meeting on Saturday and a realtor LS consultant said she got my letter and told her she should do the same with her At Home product.

So my SIL, calls me and asks me for my list. She said that she would pay me for it. She was trying to convince me that it wouldn't be stepping on my toes and we should work together. Now I'm thinking that it took me at least 14-16 hours to do the whole process. My SIL is always trying to do things the easy way (long story). What do I do? My first instinct is to say no! If I do say yes to charge her a lot! I'm thinking at least $150 and that's about $10 an hour. I don't know what to do.

What would you do?????

Tricia

OH man, what a tough situation. WHat is At Home America? I am not familiar with that company. But right now, it does sound like competition to me... I mean I wouldn't worry, I think PC is hands-down.

Can you tell her to wait awhile for you to follow-up/get some responses?? Then maybe share the information of those who you do not hear from....

I don't know, I am a very generous person usually, but in this case, I really don't think I would share this information! You worked so hard at it!!

I am sorry I am not much help! Good Luck

At home sells home decor, but does have some similar items like simple additions and mixing bowls, beer bread.

I probably wouldn't do it. I don't like people who take the easy way out at my expense. I can think of 2 options.
1. Tell her that you aren't comfortable selling the list to her at this time. You worked really hard on it and you aren't sure what the response rate is going to be yet so you have no idea what to charge. You want to get a little traction to see what the list should be worth... then just drop it. If she asks tell her that you are still collecting the data to see what is a reasonable charge. Hopefully she will stop asking after awhile.

2. Tell her that you worked really hard on the list and feel that selling the list to her would be competition but it is all public information and she is free to build the database herself... (which you know she won't do).

It is a tough situation and $150 wouldn't be enough... The price should reflect what you think she could make with the list... that could be 1 show - no biggie to get that many potential contacts. Make it steep ($1000) if you really don't want her to have it but don't want to tell her that. You are worth more than $10 an hr! If she went to a professional list consulting company it would be much more than that! Maybe charge her a certain fee per contact name and not a flat rate. If you do sell it don't undercharge... OVERCHARGE - charge her for her laziness and don't look back!

I'm with Heather on this one.

I had a host of a catalog show recently ask me if she could split the show with another consultant because after she sent out the evites the consultant wrote back and mentioned the host never doing a show with her. I have to tell her no I'm not comfortable with that idea because I'm doing all the work. Mind you- I have yet to receive any orders! lol

Good luck

Related to Should I Share My Realtor Database with My SIL?

What Do I Do?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have a variety of responsibilities. Your main focus is to sell high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and food products to customers through in-person parties, online sales, and catalog orders. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with your customers, providing exceptional customer service, and promoting the Pampered Chef brand.

How Do I Get Started?

The first step to becoming a Pampered Chef consultant is to contact a current consultant or the company directly to express your interest. They will provide you with all the necessary information and materials to get started. You will also need to purchase a starter kit, which includes essential tools and products, and attend training sessions to learn about the products and sales techniques.

Do I Need to Host Parties?

While hosting parties is a great way to generate sales and build your customer base, it is not a requirement for being a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also sell products through online orders and catalog sales. However, hosting parties allows you to showcase products in person, provide demonstrations, and interact with customers, making it an effective sales strategy.

What are the Advantages of Being a Pampered Chef Consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn a flexible income, work from home, be your own boss, and set your own schedule. You also have access to discounted products, exclusive training and development opportunities, and a supportive community of consultants. Plus, you get to share your love for cooking and high-quality kitchen tools with others!

How Do I Promote My Business?

There are various ways to promote your Pampered Chef business, including hosting parties, creating a strong online presence through social media and a personal website, participating in local events and fairs, and networking with other consultants and potential customers. You can also use word-of-mouth marketing by asking satisfied customers to refer you to their friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ritabenson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SheenaGonzales