• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Put the Open House in My Name for Credit?

In summary, the conversation revolves around hosting a show with a vendor and confusion about who should receive credit for the show and the benefits. It is advised to put the show in one's own name to receive commission on all sales, except the host order. The host can also use the host benefits for a bigger discount. The conversation also touches on the guilt felt by women when treating themselves to something nice. In the end, the individual decides to settle for a 7 piece cookware set and plans to use it as a business expense.
schel
I have a question. Ok here goes...
I hosted a Open House with another vender, Cookie Lee. However we both decided to use our own benefits. Should I put the show in her name?
If I put it in my name do I get credit for the show?
I am confused!!! :confused:
Schel

Yes you do. You get commission on all sales except the host order.

If it were me I would put the show in my name..... and get the commision off of the guest sales!!

Do I mark cnosultant as the host? Or not check that box?
Schel

Yes, you check that box. As the other gals said, you'll make commission off all but your order. But you do get to use the host benefits! So that might be a bigger discount for you.

Thanks!
I was thinking that I had to put it in the other gals name or I wouldn't get paid the same for the show.
I feel much better about it since one of my 1/2 price items is the cookware.
I feel so guilty getting it, since it costs so much, but I have to remind myself how many "Craftsman" power tools are in the garage belonging to my hubby. Not to mention the $900.00 riding lawn tractor he got last September to "make cutting the grass easier and for leaf pick up also easier"
Is it our nature, as women to always feel guilty when we get something for ourselves?
I havn't had new cookware since my wedding shower, 10 & 1/2 years ago and that was the bargain T-Fal from Kohls.
Don't you all think I deserve it?
Who am I trying to convince, its sent!!!!
Thanks everyone! :D
Schel

Congratulations and enjoy the cookware! I just replaced all of mine with the Executive 5 and 7 piece sets recently and I LOVE them!!! And my previous set was only 7 years old (wedding gift) and in really great condition, but I passed them along to my mom, who was so excited to get it since hers is over 30 years old!!

Gee, my 25th wedding anniversary is coming up this November...do you think I can replace my 28 year old Farberware set?

I already used that excuse about still having the cookware from my wedding shower, but mine was 3 1/2 years ago, LOL! Treat yourself Harriet and get that cookware! What other anniversary present helps your business too?

I guess I'll have to do a super selling job in the next couple of months to get them! Maybe I'll have to bribe my customers to help me buy new pots and pans!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to let everyone know... I settled for the 7 piece set. Need to make more money B-4 I get more you know? Oh well, 7 is better than nothing.
Hey, now I can finally make that Turtle Fudge Cake everyone brags about.
I can make it in the 10 inch skillet can't I?
Schel

pamperedharriet said:
Gee, my 25th wedding anniversary is coming up this November...do you think I can replace my 28 year old Farberware set?

Yes Harriet, it's time for new cookware. You go girl!:)

chefjeanine said:
Yes Harriet, it's time for new cookware. You go girl!:)

I guess I need to get busy on the phone!:)

schel said:
Just to let everyone know... I settled for the 7 piece set. Need to make more money B-4 I get more you know? Oh well, 7 is better than nothing.
Hey, now I can finally make that Turtle Fudge Cake everyone brags about.
I can make it in the 10 inch skillet can't I?
Schel

Don't forget to enter it as a business expense!! You can use it as a deduction :) while you are enjoying it in your kitchen, just take a piece to a show now and then.

pamperedlinda said:
Don't forget to enter it as a business expense!! You can use it as a deduction :) while you are enjoying it in your kitchen, just take a piece to a show now and then.

Oh I plan on it!
Thanks!
Schel

Related to Should I Put the Open House in My Name for Credit?

1. What is "Got a Question..."?

"Got a Question..." is a feature on the Pampered Chef website where you can ask any questions you may have about our products, recipes, or business opportunities.

2. How do I submit a question?

To submit a question, simply click on the "Got a Question..." button on our website and fill out the form with your name, email, and question. You can also browse through previously asked questions and answers on the same page.

3. How long does it take to receive an answer?

We strive to respond to all questions within 1-2 business days. However, during peak times, it may take longer. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

4. Can I ask multiple questions at once?

Yes, you can ask multiple questions in one submission. However, we recommend keeping each question specific and concise for a quicker response.

5. Can I ask a question about a product I already purchased?

Absolutely! We are happy to answer any questions you may have about our products, whether you are considering purchasing or have already bought them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sailorsarah
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • JackieB999
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sandragens
Replies