• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grand Opening Sales & Commission

a $1000 show, you can get free products to enhance your kit. Thanks for your clarification, Leslie.Hosting your own Grand Opening show is a great idea. I did when I start last years and I was able to get 90 in free stuff. That was a big help to adding to my kit.
JackieB999
Gold Member
Hi Everyone... I'm new and I have a question. If I host my own show will I receive the sales credit as a host and also receive commission on my own order? If not, should I put the host as someone else to receive these benefits? I'd like to add to my kit while I have the additional discount. Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes to all Jackie!
That is one of the best ways to get your business going! Welcome & Best of Luck to you!!:)

Actually you do not get credit/commissions for your own order. If you chose to put the show in someone eles's name that is your choice. Know that HO does audit shows and can tell if it was actually a customer or if it was you based on where it was shipped to. If that happens, they will change it in the system and you will lose credit for your order.

I don't recommend putting it in under another person's name. Anything that you buy for your business should go in under your name for tax purposes. Plus, it makes the warranty easier because you don't have to remember how you acquired the product.All of the guest sales will be commissionable sales. When you data entry a show with an actual host, it's not their full purchase that gives you more commissionable sales - it's the 2nd subtotal (after the FPV and after the discount but before the 1/2 priced items and the monthly host special). As a new consultant doing "consultant acting as host", you probably don't want to make that subtotal super huge above & beyond the free stuff since you can do a Kit Enhancement in your 4th month (up to $500 in retail value at 40% off). You'd get more for your money with the Kit Enhancement than with a host discount. All new consultants can do personal orders all year long at 20% off. When you hit $15,000 in career sales, that increases to 22%. When you make Team Leader, it's 30% off. So if the "host" discount is less than that, you need to weigh your options and determine if it would be better to purchase it as a consultant or as a consultant acting as host. Obviously Free, 50% off and 60% off are a GREAT deal!!! 15% off isn't such a great deal for Consultants, so you really want to choose your benefits when you are doing Consultant acting as Host so that the 2nd subtotal is as close to zero as possible. ;)And honesty is always the best policy. It makes life so much easier in the long run if you don't have to remember how you acquired something.

I stand corrected as I read it too fast. I thought you meant that you could use the host benefits to purchase products - which you can! If you had a $500.00 show, you can get free products to enhance your kit. Thanks for your clarification, Leslie.

Hosting your own Grand Opening show is a great idea. I did when I start last years and I was able to get 90 in free stuff. That was a big help to adding to my kit.

You will also make commission on all the guest sales so that is a great plus. Also it will go toward your 30 day PC dollar incentives!!!

Another point to make is I would think you would be able to get the Deep Covered Baker and I would recommend that you get that!!

Good Luck!! And enjoy all that PC will do for you!

This is a great idea that I did not take advantage of and I kick myself in the butt because I didnt.

My mom was my first host and had $1000 show. It blows because everyone that
came to her party would have came for me if it was 'my' show. So she got over $200
in free things, plus all the other goodies.

lesliec said:
Know that HO does audit shows and can tell if it was actually a customer or if it was you based on where it was shipped to.
Many consultants, including myself, have the majority of their shows shipped directly to them as an added customer service. I have never had HO question shows under a host's name shipped to my home.

Sk8Mom209 said:
lesliec said:
Know that HO does audit shows and can tell if it was actually a customer or if it was you based on where it was shipped to.
Many consultants, including myself, have the majority of their shows shipped directly to them as an added customer service. I have never had HO question shows under a host's name shipped to my home.

If you have a host's show delivered to you be sure you change the ship to address to look like:

Host's name
c/o your name
your address
your city, state and zip code

If you do this you also need to click on deliver to shipping address.

Hope this helps you down the road.

Welcome too by the way!!!!!!

lesliec said:
Actually you do not get credit/commissions for your own order. If you chose to put the show in someone eles's name that is your choice. Know that HO does audit shows and can tell if it was actually a customer or if it was you based on where it was shipped to. If that happens, they will change it in the system and you will lose credit for your order.

Every Show I do is mailed to my home address. When I have a bunch of outside orders that have come from my daughter or "out and about contacts", they go in my daughter's name so she can pick her free product. I live with my daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren and have ALWAYS had the orders shipped to this address since November 2007. I have never lost any credit for orders sent here. I'm not sure where you got your information Leslie, but HO has never questioned me on my orders. My daughter has at least one show per month for me!

pamperedharriet said:
Sk8Mom209 said:
lesliec said:

If you have a host's show delivered to you be sure you change the ship to address to look like:

Host's name
c/o your name
your address
your city, state and zip code

If you do this you also need to click on deliver to shipping address.

I put my address as the shipping address but never "c/o your name" in there. After 72 shows this way, I know there is no problem with doing so.

pcchefjane said:
pamperedharriet said:
Sk8Mom209 said:
I put my address as the shipping address but never "c/o your name" in there. After 72 shows this way, I know there is no problem with doing so.

So, for a long time I did that too, so I agree that it works, but somewhere it says something about putting the "c/o consultant name" to avoid processing delays. I hasn't really made a difference, because it still ships without, but it says to do it somewhere...

pcchefjane said:
pamperedharriet said:
Sk8Mom209 said:

I live with my mom..and she was one of my first hosts..I had her name and then her address which obviously was the same as my address and was called by PC to tell me that I needed to put C/O My name..or it would be treated like a Consultant acting as host show.

Personally I NEVER have nor will I ever do a show in my own name. I use the consultant discount or the Kit Enhancement to purchase things I need. I found I save more money if I do that than do a consultant as host. So if I need to do a party of my own just for sales sake, I always do a catalog party and use it as a mystery host party. It is also more fun for my guests too!

pampered1224 said:
Personally I NEVER have nor will I ever do a show in my own name. I use the consultant discount or the Kit Enhancement to purchase things I need. I found I save more money if I do that than do a consultant as host. So if I need to do a party of my own just for sales sake, I always do a catalog party and use it as a mystery host party. It is also more fun for my guests too!
That's funny, because I'm the exact opposite.I NEVER buy anything. I do consultant as host shows, and get stuff for free, and 60% off and 50% off. I never use the host discount on those shows - I refuse to pay more than 50% of the price for something, other than show supplies on supply order. That's a much better deal than the consultant discount or the KE. I've never bought anything from KE, because it's only a 40% discount, and I can do much better than that by hosting a show. Oh - and my SHIPPING is FREE when I'm the host of the show too!

I do the same as Becky and will only purchase at 50-60% off.

I have hosts that live in apartment complexes and they do not feel comfortable with their show orders going there so I do have the orders shipped to my house and I feel it's a customer service I provide to them so nothing happens to the guests orders.

1. What is the commission structure for Grand Opening Sales?

The commission structure for Grand Opening Sales at Pampered Chef is based on a tiered system. You will earn a base commission of 20% on all sales, and this percentage will increase as you reach different sales milestones. For example, if you reach $1,000 in sales, your commission will increase to 22%. The highest commission tier is 30%, which is earned when you reach $5,000 in sales.

2. Are there any bonuses or incentives for reaching certain sales goals during the Grand Opening period?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers bonuses and incentives for reaching certain sales goals during the Grand Opening period. For example, if you reach $2,500 in sales, you will receive a $100 bonus. There are also additional bonuses and rewards for reaching higher sales milestones, such as a free product or gift card.

3. How long does the Grand Opening period last?

The Grand Opening period at Pampered Chef typically lasts for 30 days. However, this may vary depending on the specific promotion or campaign. It is important to check with your team leader or the company website for the exact dates of the Grand Opening period.

4. Is there a minimum sales requirement to qualify for commission during the Grand Opening?

Yes, in order to qualify for commission during the Grand Opening, you must have at least $200 in sales. This is to ensure that all consultants are actively promoting and selling Pampered Chef products during the Grand Opening period.

5. Can I earn commission on my own purchases during the Grand Opening?

No, commission is not earned on your own personal purchases. However, any purchases made by customers through your unique consultant link will count towards your sales and commission during the Grand Opening period.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefann
  • sailorsarah